Would I Do It Again?

Hawks, Jeanist, and Endeavor sit across the table from me. Natsuo is beside me with his university books scattered out. We had been relaxing when they'd shown up disturbing my peace.

Fuyumi pours tea for all of us and I keep my eyes glued to the TV barely even acknowledging their presence. 

"We're here to make a deal with you," Jeanist says.

"And what happens if I say no or don't agree with it?" I rest my elbow on my knee.

"Then you will be arrested and detained immediately," he responds.

"Who will protect the Todoroki family then?" 

"They will be taken to the UA campus where they'll be safe," Endeavor chimes in.

I choke up a laugh and look at the three of them out of the corner of my eye. "Safe there? Were you there the last time Shigaraki got in? That was a real shit show. You don't think he won't try again?"

"He's going after the student, Deku." Endeavor explains. "His priorities are elsewhere at the moment."

"We shouldn't be telling her any of this," Jeanist says.

I give off a shrug. "You're just telling me old news. I lived with Shigaraki and I know what he wants and doesn't want." 

The three of them fall silent. I pull my phone from my pocket and slide it across the table to them.

"But hey if don't really trust me. Just check my messages. I haven't been able to get in contact with any of them including Dabi,"

My phone suddenly chimes and I mentally swear at the bad timing on my half. After multiple attempts to get in contact with any of them, someone finally chooses now to do it. Hawks picks it up and I remain cool, calm, and collected. 

"Who is MC?" he questions.

"Maternity Care nurse," I lie, knowing damn well it stands for Mr. Compress.

He nods. "Right," he slides it back over to me.

"What kind of deal are wanting to make?" I ask. "I'm kind of busy at the moment and would prefer to get this over with,"

"You will remain free and out of custody on two conditions," Jeanist says.

"Only two, it must be my lucky day," I say sarcastically.

Jeanist sighs. "One, you will remain on the Todoroki property at all times unless accompanied by a hero,"

"I am a hero, I still have my license," I state.

"She's got a point," Hawks whispers.

"No one revoked it?" Endeavor says.

"Just listen," Jeanist says getting obviously frustrated. "Two, you will help us capture Dabi."

"You basically want me to lure in the man I love so you can throw him in a cell?"

"Exactly, he trusts you. That was very obvious from what I saw from the two of you," Hawks says.

"And you want me to use that trust against him?"

"I'm glad we're finally all on the same page," Endeavor says.

Natsuo shoots his father a dark look. "You've got to be kidding me?"

"What?" Endeavor asks confused.

"He trusted you and look what that did to him. Imagine if she broke his trust. He'd burn down the world and there'd be no one to stop him," Natsuo says.

"Perfectly explained Natsuo," I say. "So I don't agree to your terms,"

"You'll be arrested," Fuyumi says looking at me with wide eyes.