Kinda Though They'd Might Care

We stand looking over a small city. Deika city to be precise. I hang at the back of the crowd with Dabi. Shigaraki, Twice, and Compress look a little beaten up. They've had their hands full with the Gigantomachia guy who nearly smashed us to pieces the first time we met.

Dabi and I have been off doing our own thing. Basically, Dabi has been keeping tabs on his father and keeping a close eye on Hawks as well. I was dragged along so I wouldn't get caught up in whatever Shigaraki was doing.

"This place sucks," Twice comments.

"You can say that again," I mumble.

Dabi shoots me a side glance with a raised eyebrow.

"Why did we get dragged into this? This has nothing to do with us. I thought I was clear that I wanted nothing to do with his."

"Giren introduced the both of you to the league." Twice says.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Dabi snorts.

"You bastard," he growls.

"A friend approaches." Someone calls out.

Everyone's attention turns to see a hero coming toward us. I narrow my eyes, he's a little strange looking. A lower-class hero, one I've never seen before. Dabi seems utterly unimpressed by this guy's presence.

We walk through the streets of Deika. I stick close to Dabi's side. I have no idea what this group is up to but I don't like that this could be a trap for all of us.

The streets are empty apart from a couple of people watching us from rooftops and alleyways.

"There's hardly anyone here," I whisper to Dabi.

"I've noticed that," he whispers back.

Everyone comes to a halt. I peek around the others to see a man in a black suit and a woman with blue skin.

"Most of this city is populated by hidden Liberation warriors," the man in the black suit explains. "Thank you for traveling so far. We welcome you to our city and you're our guests of honor."

I immediately tense up. Something is off about this. Dabi seems to notice this too and I see him steady his stance. His fingers rub together.

"Welcome to our revival party," he snaps his fingers.

A bunch of people jump at us, ready to fight. Dabi grabs me by my jacket and tosses me out of the way. Blue flames erupt from his hand right in the face of a person who charged right at us. I activate my quirk and grab onto a nearby person. Their body is engulfed in plasma.

"There are so many of them," I call out to Dabi.

"You really get to let loose with your quirk though. Thought you might enjoy this a little." He jokes, shooting

Twice and Spinner come running bringing more warriors with them. Dabi and I shoot out our fire and plasma and incinerate a lot of them. I sigh out of relief, relaxing for a split moment.

"Feeling tired?" Dabi asks.

I give a small nod. "Great workout for me but it's really testing my limits here."

"We keep chopping them down but there are too many." Spinner says from behind us.

I glance back over my shoulder as Dabi takes out a few more of them.

"You haven't killed a single one of them," He comments.

Spinner looks away awkwardly. I stand back up, rolling my shoulders getting ready to help out Dabi again. I look over to where he is looking and see Shigaraki. He runs past a group of warriors and they all disintegrate at once. Spinner face drops.

"Please tell me someone saw that?" He asks.

"Well if our leader isn't sparing any lives then I'll have some fun and won't hold back. I've never not been good at killing people." Dabi says.

My head snaps back to Dabi. "You haven't been holding back. You've already got a trail of dead bodies."

He gives off a shrug. "Now I know I don't need to hold back."

A large piece of ice drops from the sky and Dabi just manages to jump out of the way of it. Another warrior appears.

"Dabi, wielder of the blue flame. The one person in the league with a ranged attack."

"Ice, how thrilling?" Dabi says. "Nice job sneaking up on me. I have to warn you though I've gotten stronger and my abilities are a lot better now. That's how I know you're a tough one."

I give off a snort and Dabi smiles a little bit.

"Looks like you've got a lot to learn." He activates his quirk, blue flames erupting around him. "Ice melts," he yells.

The warrior starts rambling about his life and I go to step in. Dabi raises one of his hands. "Stay back, I wanna take this one down by myself. He looks like fun. You two just keep all those other ones busy for the time being."

"Right. Call out when you get frostbite on those burns of yours." I say.

His eye twitches a little but he turns his attention back to the fight at hand. Fire and ice clash and the impact pushes the two of us backward. I cover my eyes.

Someone attacks me from the side. I go flying through a shop window, crashing into a bunch of restaurant tables. I weakly pick myself up out of the mess and look up at the window I just came through. A figure is standing there watching me.

"I thought you would've been some kind of challenge. There were reports that said you're actually a worthy opponent. I guess those reports were wrong."

I dust some concrete off my shoulder and stumble forward. Blood is running down my face and over one of my eyes.

"You should've killed me when you had the chance," I cough.

"I wanted to have my fun first,"

"Let's have fun then," I crack my knuckles.

I activate my quirk and blast the man with my plasma. He jumps out of the way just in time. I limp out of the broken shop and onto the street. He is nowhere to be seen.

A wave of water slams into me and I'm pushed down the street. I crash into a wall as water pins me down. The air in my lungs is running out. A face appears before me.

"Water extinguishes fire." He laughs.

I clench my fists and focus all of my power on them. The water around me starts to bubble and boil. The man's face falls.

"Burn," I gargle through the water.

The water around me hits the boiling point and my skin grows hotter with every second. Something grabs me and rips me from the water. Air fills my lungs once again as I stare up at the sky.

"No time to lie around," A voice comes from above.

I look over to see several copies of Twice. A smile graces my face.

"Well look at you," I say.

One of the copies picks me up off the ground, steadying me. "I did it." He says. "Now let's go help your boyfriend."

"Good idea,"