I Don't Have A Sister p3

"Since you're gonna be with me for a while I need to teach you some things. This is going to be very important so I need you to remember this information. Can you do that?"
(Y/n) smiles and nods. She pulls the blanket to her chin then lays on her side.
Dazai sighs and sits cross legged next to her on their bed. He wouldn't admit it out loud but he thought it was adorable when she buried her face in the pillow like this.
The girl frowns and holds her brother's hand.
He looks down at their hands then rubs with his thumb.

"First, if someone asks if you have an ability, tell them no. They will use it against you. Play cute and innocent, maybe ask them if they have one."
"No ability, got it." She whispers.
"Second, if someone were to kidnap you it's ok to be scared but try to remain calm. Go along with what they want until I get there to save you."
"Kidnap me?" She asks sadly.
Dazai gives her a straight look and nods. "Yes. I'm sure it will happen eventually. I'm gonna do my best to avoid it, but it's not always avoidable. I've been kidnapped plenty of times."

"What if someone asks if I know you?"
"If someone asks about me then they probably already know the truth so don't lie. You can tell them I'm your brother. But if they ask about the agency abilities, tell them you don't know. The less they think you know the better."
"But can't I use my ability to make them let me go?"
"Your ability only works on one person at a time. Even if one person is gonna let you go their partners won't. Plus they could kidnap you again and use the knowledge of your ability against you."
(Y/n) looks down then sighs. "Sorry, that was a dumb question."
Dazai shakes his head. "I would rather you ask me your questions now than you try something dangerous later."

(Y/n) pulls her hand away and hides under the blanket. "Be brave but ignorant. Assess the situation and make the best decision to stay alive until you save me."
"Exactly, remember that. I will always save you so do not try to escape. They will kill you, even if they say they need you alive." He pulls the blanket away from her face and stares into her eyes.
His serious expression makes her more upset so she goes back to hiding under the blanket.
"Don't run or I'll die, got it." She whispers.
"I'm not trying to scare you but I'm trying to make this easier for you. I have a dangerous job and a dangerous past."
"Do you mean the mafia?"
Dazai sighs. "Mori told you, didn't he?"
The 12 year old nods. "He said your best friend was shot."
Dazai remains silent, staring at his pillow.

(Y/n) pulls on Dazai's sleeve and pokes his pillow, which means she wants him to lay down.
Dazai sighs and does so.
(Y/n) takes her brother's hand and traces the lines of his palm.
"Little mystery~" he sing-songs quietly.
"Is it wrong if I'm scared to die?"
Dazai sighs, eyes closed. He pulls the girl against his chest and pets her hair.
(Y/n) grips his shirt tightly and cries softly.
The soft sound made the heart of the suicidal maniac clench.
"You're asking the wrong man, remember? I'm the crazy suicide freak." He jokes softly.
"Osa please." She begs, looking into his eyes quickly.
"It's normal to be scared of death. Most people fear it. I would say I'm just numb to it. But it's ok to be scared. We've painted a target on your back. Even with the mafia and agency on your side things can still go wrong."
The girl sniffles as Dazai wipes her tears.
"I'm here for you." He whispers and kisses her forehead.
The girl smiles slightly. "I love you Osa."
The brunette opens his mouth to respond but closes it.
(Y/n) looks down at his chest. "You don't have to say it back. I know you don't love me."

Dazai sits up on the edge of the bed, feet on the floor. "(Y/n)-"
"Don't call me that."
The agent looks at his sister confused.
"That's not my name."
He was confused for a bit then smiled softly. "Little mystery~"
(Y/n) giggles and nods once. "That's me."
Dazai smiles, eyes closed. He stands up and kisses her forehead. "Sweet dreams, my little mystery."
"Don't leave please. Please stay with me." She quickly grabs his hand and squeezes.
Dazai groans dramatically. "Do I have to~"
(Y/n) gives him a stern expression. "Get in bed, mister."
The tall man chuckles quietly and gets back into the bed. "Fine. Only because I'm tired too. You're such a handful."
The girl pouts cutely. "Meanie."

"Osa I have a date so don't wait up for me tonight."
The said agent chokes on nothing. "Excuse me? A date?"
"Yeah! Me and Chuuya are going dress shopping right now then he said he would take me out for dinner."
Atsushi rolls over on his chair. "Are you sure that's safe?"
"You can't go out with him! He's a shrimp and doesn't even know how to dress himself."
"Osa, that's not nice! I love Chuuya's style. Plus Mori said it was ok."
"Are we sure she's allowed to be friends with us and the Port Mafia?" Tiger boy questions his mentor.
"If they're willing to spare her life and even be friends we should be grateful." Kunikida responds, typing on his computer.
"Grateful my ass. Mori has something planned." Dazai counters, pointer finger raised.
(Y/n) crosses her arms. "I'm a big girl Osa. I can go dress shopping with Chuuya."
"I forbid it!"
"I hate you!" She yells and runs out of the office.
Everyone's eyes widen.
The brunette growls and slams his fists on his desk.
No one dared speak.

(Y/n) kicks a rock as she walks toward the mafia base. Her fists are clenched in her pockets.
"Excuse me little one."
The girl looks up at the sudden Russian accent and tap on her shoulder. "Can I help you?"
"Yes. I'm new to the city but I think I recognize you. I believe I've seen you with Dazai Osamu."
"Yes, he's uh...he's my brother."
"Brother. I did not know he had a little sister."
"Do you know my brother?"
"We have met once before, yes."
(Y/n) was getting nervous but she didn't show it. She kept reminding herself of Dazai's rules.
"I think you could help me."
"Help you with what?" She asks, confused.
"Cleansing this world. You can help me save those who deserve salvation. You and your brother."

"Who are you?" The girl asks, doing her best not to sound terrified.
His aura reminds her of her brother's.
Dark and terrifying.
"Fyodor Dostoevsky." He responds, bowing his head slightly.
(Y/n) manages a smile. "Do you have a cool power too? I've seen people do cool stuff with their powers." She purposely said "power" instead of "ability" to sound more ignorant.
Obviously the man is cautious but she genuinely seemed to give off a curious aura.
"My ability is not flashy or used for fun. It is called Crime and Punishment. A perfect name for the man who will save humanity."
(Y/n) smiles and nods.

"Do you have an ability, little one?"
The girl frowns and looks away. She made it look as convincing as possible. "I was not as fortunate as others."
"Oh. I understand. I'm sure it is hard seeing others with fun abilities."
(Y/n) shrugs. "It's ok."
"Would you like to come with me? Help me in my quest. It will give you a chance to save people, save your brother. He works for the Armed Detective Agency, correct?"
"I don't know. He shelters me."

By now she was more comfortable with the role she's creating.
"Do you know the blonde man I saw him with?"
(Y/n) giggles. "A friend maybe. Look mister, I don't think I can help you with all these questions. You're kinda scaring me."
The dark haired man leans over the girl. "It would be in your best interest to follow me. Why don't you call him and-"
"I don't have a phone," she interrupts.
He looks at her confused. "What girl your age doesn't have a phone?"
(Y/n) pouts cutely and crosses her arms. "You know what, I don't appreciate being judged and insulted, mister. If you want me so bad you need to apologize."
The Russian can't help being taken aback. He smiles slightly, eyes closed. "You are right. I am sorry little one. Please, join me in my mission to carry out the work of god."

(Y/n)'s nerves shoot through the roof but she hides it with a sigh. "I guess so, but I better get my own room. I am a lady and I don't wanna share a room with any men."
Fyodor chuckles and places his hand on her back. "Do not worry. You will be treated kindly. And your brother will join us soon I'm sure."
(Y/n) looks over her shoulder in the direction of the agency.
Now she was really regretting her fight with her brother.
Will he even save me now, now that I told him I hate him?
Tears silently fall down her cheeks as they walk down the street.

// someone asked for this to be it's own short story. I will be adding more parts here instead of making it its own publication. I hope you are ok with that, and continue to enjoy. I'm enjoying the storyline I've come up with and hopefully you will too ❤️