I Will...Allow It

"What made you want to date him? He's a self-centered child. I always assumed he was asexual... and aromatic." Dazai questions his sister, hands on his hips.
(Y/n) smiles at the thought of her boyfriend. "Edo is sweet and sexy and highly intelligent. He relies on me and he helps me-"
"I doubt he actually cares about you. All he cares about is himself."
"That's not true. He takes his job seriously and he cares about his friends. He's insecure about not having an ability so he makes up for it by being cocky about his Ultra Deduction."

Dazai rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. "Then I want to know why he decided to date you. I've never known him to have a partner in the past. So why now and why you? You don't seem like "his type"."
The woman frowns and takes a step back. "Is it because I'm a stupid, naive airhead?"
"I didn't-"
"That's how you described me to Doppo last week, Osa. Edogawa is the opposite of me and I love him. Does that make me-"
Once again the brunette cuts off his sister.

"He doesn't deserve you. You are my sister and it's my job to make sure you find a partner who will cherish you as much as I do. Someone who will take care of you. With Ranpo you will have to take care of him."
"And what's wrong with that? The feeling of someone relying on me is something I didn't know I needed. Knowing he needs me... and wants me... it's an amazing feeling."
Dazai pinches the bridge of his nose.
Tears stream down her cheeks and she looks away.
"I am happy with him. Why can't that be enough?" She whispers weakly.
He looks back up at his sister but as he opens his mouth to speak she turns her back to him.
She sniffles softly and walks away.

Weeks later Dazai watches (Y/n) laugh and hug Ranpo.
The said man twirls her in circles and kisses her gently.
The older brother watches his sister and her boyfriend on a date.
Ranpo hands (Y/n) the stuffed panda he won.
He's five years older than her. She's like his mother. He doesn't deserve her love.
Dazai grumbles as his partner walks over.
"Are you spying on your sister?"
"I am watching over her as she continues to make a mistake in "dating" Ranpo."

Kunikida laughs and pushes up his glasses. "Dazai I too have observed their relationship, seeing as how it's his first. But I have come to see they are genuinely in love. As much as I doubted as well, I can't deny it anymore."
"But look at them, Kunikida."
"Exactly. I have never seen either of them smile like that. So what if it's not like other relationships? Each one is different from the next. I can only imagine what your relationship would be like."
"I would never. You should know that by now."

Ranpo holds his girlfriend's hand and kisses her knuckles. "We could try the train."
"Are you gonna let me teach you-"
"No. I like watching you deal with all that."
(Y/n) laughs softly and nods. "I see. Then I will continue to do so."
The man smiles and looks down at her.
"I love you Edo."
"I love you too."

Dazai gags as he follows the couple, loosely.
Kunikida follows him, pushing up his glasses. "I'm sure Ranpo has figured out you're following them, Dazai."
"I don't care. Let him know."
The said man stops in his tracks.
(Y/n) frowns and looks up at her boyfriend. "What's wrong?"
"Dazai, will you stop following us? It's distracting."

(Y/n) looks behind them and sees her brother. "Are you stalking us Osa?"
"Of course I am. I've been holding back the urge to puke."
(Y/n) frowns and steps behind Ranpo.
"Dazai I get that you don't like us together but you really need to get over it. We're happy, deal with it."
The said man growls and clenches his fists. "You have no right to tell me to get over it."
"Stop trying to dictate my life Osamu! I am a grown woman and can make my own decisions. Leave me alone!" She yells and leaves.

Ranpo watches his girlfriend leave then sighs softly. "I know what your issues are with me. But she's happy. Doesn't that mean anything?" He walks away, hands in his pockets.
Dazai clenches his fists but sighs.
Kunikida pats his shoulder. "Think it over Dazai."
Soon enough the brunette is alone on the empty sidewalk. 

Dazai kicks some pebbles as he walks down the street, his hands clenched in his pockets.
My sister deserves the fucking world. He can't give that to her. He will use her until he's bored and then dump her and break her heart. She means everything to me... but she's happy with him. I've never seen her that happy before. And she said they've been secretly dating for a few years now. Years?!
Dazai kicks a rock angrily and it flies into the barren road.
(Y/n)'s words echo in his mind.
She even used his full name. She's never done that before.

After hours of just wandering the streets of Yokohama he finally made up his mind.
"Fine! I will...allow it. But when he breaks her heart I will personally cut his dick off myself."
The brother bursts into the apartment he shares with his sister and startles her awake.
"O-Osa?"
The brunette squats in front of her and pokes her nose. "You may keep seeing him. But I have rules that must be followed. Am I understood?"
The woman laughs and shakes her head. "It's like 1 am Osa. Go to bed. We'll talk in the morning."
Dazai looks at the clock and sighs. "Fine. We talk in the morning."