Babysitting

"Dazai I would rather strap my child to my chest and do a mission than leave them with you."
"Isn't that dangerous Kunikida?" Atsushi asks.
"Any less dangerous than leaving them with this suicidal maniac?" The blonde requips.
The tiger weighs his options then remains silent.
"I feel hurt Atsushi. I am very responsible when children are involved."
"Speaking of children, Dazai." Fukuzawa interrupts, walking over.
A small girl peeks out behind him.
"President." Kunikida bows slightly.
"Do you need something President?" Dazai inquires, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Yes, actually. I need you to babysit (Y/n) for a while. I have a meeting and everyone else is busy."
Kunikida and Atsushi go slack-jawed.
Dazai looks at the little girl quickly then back at the middle aged man. "Are you sure that's wise, President?"
"Do you have a problem with her Dazai?"
"Of course not. I'd be happy to take her. For how long?"
"A few days. And I request that you don't use her to entice women to commit a double suicide."
The three men laugh nervously.
"Of course not, President. I will keep her safe and healthy and away from that."
"Good. (Y/n) please behave for Dazai now ok?"

The little girl walks over to Dazai and holds his hand. "Ok papa." She responds then waves as her grandfather walks away.
"She isn't his real granddaughter right? I didn't even know he had children." Atsushi comments.
"He doesn't and she isn't." Kunikida clarifies. "Apparently she is the granddaughter of his master, Natsume. And since he hasn't been seen and her parents died the president took her in."

"Mr. Osa, what are we gonna do?" (Y/n) asks.
Dazai tries taking his hand back but she squeezes tighter.
"Don't leave me!" She cries and he sighs.
"Fine, fine. What do you wanna do?"
"Can we play hide and seek?"
The brunette rolls his eyes but nods. "Sure. You hide and I'll count."
"No peeking?"
"No peeking." He mumbles and closes his eyes.

A couple minutes later Dazai runs back into the office.
"She's gone!" He yells.
Kunikida and Atsushi look over.
"You lost her?" Ranpo inquires.
"You've been in charge of her for five minutes Dazai! How did you lose her?" The blonde inquires, pinching the bridge of his nose.
"I've looked all over. I know she's small but I didn't think she could hide this well. Help me Kunikida."
"The president would kill you if he found out you lost her." Ranpo teases and chews on his Pocky.
The younger brunette glares at his elder.

(Y/n) giggles and eats her snacks while she waits.
Her hiding spot is the cabinet under the sink in the bathroom.
Normally she wouldn't fit but the items that normally go down there were relocated.
So she can comfortably sit and eat.
"I wonder how long until I win."

After a long time her confidence disappears and is replaced with tears streaming down her cheeks.
"He forgot about me, didn't he? Or did he agree so I would leave him alone? I'm just a nuisance to him aren't I?"
(Y/n) comes out and walks to the office. She rubs her eyes but cries softly.
Dazai looks over and his eyes widen. "Where have you been?! We've been looking all over the place."

The little girl sniffles and looks at him. "You didn't forget about me?"
"Of course not! Why would you...nevermind. Where were you?"
"Under the bathroom skin." She responds and sniffles.
Dazai smacks his face. "Dammit! I thought you wouldn't fit with the stuff in there. I forgot they moved it."
(Y/n) rubs her eyes.
The agent grabs a tissue and holds it to her nose.
She blows her nose.

Dazai sighs and picks her up. "Now that you've officially worried me to death you get a prize for winning."
(Y/n) buries her face in his neck and wraps her arms around his neck tightly.
"What do you want?"
"Ice cream and brownies for dinner." She mumbles.
The agent sighs and looks down at her. "Fine."

Later that night, after (Y/n) changes into pjs, she walks to Dazai's bedroom.
The said man stretches and lays down. "Hey little mystery. Did you need something?"
She nods and points to his futon.
He looks at his lap confused then back at her. "Use your words."
"I-I need to sleep with someone...or I can't f-fall asleep." She stutters and holds her stuffie close.
Dazai bites his tongue and lifts his blanket. "Hurry up before I change my mind."
(Y/n) lays next to him and buries her face in his chest.

Dazai looks down at her sadly.
"Thank you mr. Osa. Papa usually lets me sleep with him until I fall asleep. But I wake up in my room. So if you want to, you can do that too."
"I'm too lazy to move you. I can deal with it for a few nights."
"Do you wish I wasn't here? Am I just a burden? Mr. Natsume must think so cause he-"
"You're not a burden. You could never be a burden. And it's not that I don't want you here, it's that I'm not used to dealing with children."
"Oh. That's ok. I like you a lot."
"Thanks. Now go to sleep. I'm sure we'll have fun tomorrow."
"Do you have to work?"
"Not while I watch you. You have me all to yourself."

(Y/n) giggles and holds her stuffie close to her chest. "Yay! Can we go to the park?"
The brunette nods and pulls the blanket to his chin.
She puts her arm around his waist and squeezes.
He chuckles quietly and pats her head. "Sleep."
The girl closes her eyes and yawns. "Sing to me."
"I can't sing."
"That's ok. Neither can papa. But it helps."
Dazai sighs and holds her close. "Does it matter what I sing?"
"Nope."

(Y/n) gets comfortable and smiles.
Dazai begins humming softly then it turns into quiet singing.
His hands rub her back and pet her hair.
The combination puts her to sleep quickly.
Dazai looks down at the sleeping girl and shakes his head. "Just a couple more days."