They Took Her

Dazai smiles softly watching his girlfriend and their daughter play peek-a-boo in their living room.
"Osa you're gonna be late if you don't go."
"Can't I just stay here with you?"
"Osa you say that everyday. No you cannot. They need you at the agency. Rumi and I will be fine."
The brunette sighs and puts on his coat. "Fine. Just call if you need anything. And please answer if I call you."
"Of course. My ringer is all the way up. Plus when have I ever missed your call?"
"Never."
"Exactly. I even answered when you called every 15 minutes to check up on me when I was pregnant."
"I worry. Is that a bad thing?"
"Of course not. I love you."
"I love you too." He kisses her head then their daughter's and leaves.

Unfortunately today something went terribly wrong.
Dazai goes to work as normal but while on the way to drop Rumi off at her grandparent's house (Y/n) gets knocked out.
When she comes to Rumi is gone.
Her motherly instincts take over and she starts screaming her daughter's name.
Suddenly something clicked in her mind.
Osamu.
Immediately she dials her husband's number as tears blur her vision.

"Hey little mystery. Have you dropped off Rumi?"
"She's gone!" The woman yells into the phone and cries loudly, covering her mouth with her free hand.
"What?" Dazai exclaims, standing up quickly. "What happened? Where are you?"
(Y/n) falls to her knees, hunching over and pulls on her hair. "They took her. She's gone. Osa our daughter-"
"Little mystery where are you? I'll come to you." He cuts her off, grabbing Atsushi by his collar and running out of the office.
The tiger chokes and tries keeping up with the brunette.

Eventually she manages to tell him and he quickly finds her.
Dazai falls to his knees and holds her close.
The woman cries into her boyfriend's chest.
Atsushi looks around.
"Can you tell me anything about who did this? Anything little mystery."
When he pulls her face away she sniffles and wipes her face with tissues from her purse.
While nodding she sniffles and looks at the boy.
"He smelled like salt water. Like...like he's around the ocean a lot." (Y/n) manages after thinking hard.
"Atsushi try to smell him out. Even a hint of his smell, latch on and don't let go." Dazai instructs his pupil.
The tiger nods once and uses his ability to do as instructed.

(Y/n) wobbles to her feet with help from her boyfriend.
Dazai holds her close and rubs her back.
All of a sudden Atsushi turns stiff and turns to the couple.
"I've got something but it's not much."
"(Y/n) go back home. I swear I'll bring her back."
His serious expression assures her that whoever did this wouldn't make it out alive.
The woman nods slowly and calms down enough to stand on her own.

The two agents run off and it doesn't take long to find the group that kidnapped the toddler.
"The great Dazai has finally showed up. It took you long enough. We were beginning to think you wouldn't show up. Your precious little tot has been such a treat. The boys in back have been keeping her busy."
Atsushi clenches his fists and he takes a step forward.
Dazai holds his hand up.
The man smirks and relaxes on the couch, crossing his legs. "If you want to see her again there are a couple things you have to do for me."
"Bring her here then we can talk." Dazai negotiates and puts his hand down.
The man squints his eyes but sighs. "Very well. Oi Domikee bring her out."
The man in the corner grumbles but leaves, coming back with the girl.
"Papa!" She cheers and reaches out to him.
"Hi baby girl." Dazai greets and smiles softly.
"Now onto business."

Dazai's smile disappears and a deep frown replaces it.
"Baby girl close your eyes for papa. I'll tell you when to open them."
The toddler does as told and gurgles.
The man on the couch looks at Dazai confused.
"Atsushi." The brunette growls and immediately the two go on a murder spree.
Dazai ends with holding his daughter and she makes cute baby noises then curls into his chest.
"Papa!"
"I love you so much baby girl. Now let's go back home to mama. She's really sad about you leaving."
Atsushi stretches and follows his mentor out of the hideout. He goes back to the agency while Dazai goes home.

When he gets home (Y/n) stands quickly and her eyes widen.
"Rumi!" She exclaims and takes her daughter into her arms.
"Mama!" The baby cheers and curls into the woman's chest.
Dazai holds the two close, burying his face in his girlfriend's hair.
Breathing in her scent calms him down.
"I'm sorry I wasn't there to prevent this. I'm sorry they hurt you to get to me."

(Y/n) sighs softly and shakes her head. "Don't apologize Osa."
The man holds the two for the rest of the night.
She gets comfortable in his arms and closes her eyes.
Rumi curls into her parent's chests and soon falls asleep.
(Y/n) couldn't help her stress levels going on a roller coaster.
Her mind calms down and she passes out.
Dazai looks down at the two most important people in his life and closes his eyes. He doesn't want to sleep but he falls asleep shortly after his girlfriend.