I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight

//If you know the song this chapter is titled after I like you. We can be friends 🥰
If you don't, you're an uncultured swine 😒☺️

Dazai looks around frantically. "Little mystery? Where are you?" He calls.
The mafia members watch their boss run around.
Chuuya jogs over, confused. "What's wrong Dazai?"
"She's missing. I can't find her."
"Her? Are you talking about (Y/n)?"
"Who else would I be talking about?" Dazai growls.
The redhead sighs and runs in the opposite direction, starting to look for his friend.

(Y/n) whimpers in pain and does her best to remain conscious.
The shouting of her name catches her attention.
She could tell it was her boyfriend. "O-Osa," she whispers.
Dazai notices movement and runs toward it. "(Y/n)!"
His eyes widen seeing her condition.
"L-little mystery," he stutters.
"I wasn't fast enough. I'm so sorry."
He puts his hand on her stomach, just below the debris sticking out of her gut. "It's ok. We'll get you-"
"Osa it's no use. I can already feel myself fading. I won't last long enough."

Dazai grips her hand tightly. "Don't say that. You're not allowed to die without me. We had an agreement."
The girl laughs and nods. "Yeah...sorry about that. Looks like I'm gonna break our pact."
Dazai holds her close and tears stream down his cheek.
She could even see some run down from his bandaged eye.

(Y/n) puts her hand on his cheek. "I love you so much. I wish I could have been around a little longer but fate wouldn't have it."
"How am I supposed to go on?"
"Go on? Make the most of every day. Be the man I know and love. Or if you still can't figure it out, ask Oda. I'm sure he has some words of wisdom."
The brunette manages a weak laugh. "Please just hold on."
"Osamu, this is very painful. I don't want to suffer anymore. Let me go, ok?"

His head shakes quickly and he kisses her forehead. "I can't agree to that. I need you more than the afterlife does."
(Y/n) laughs softly but groans in pain.
Dazai holds her closer and gently rubs her cheek with his thumb. "Little mystery..."
"Will you visit my grave Osa? I don't need anything fancy. But at least I'll know one person cared for me."
"Everyone loves you, don't pretend like they don't. But yes I'll visit you."
"W-will you keep t-talking? I want yours to be the last voice I hear. Last face... I wanna...see."

The brunette chokes back his tears but nods. He tries to explain what he wanted for their future.
Stuttering and broken crying included.
Unfortunately she didn't hear any of it.
Her light went out before he could even start.
Dazai sits there with her until he finishes.
Tears freely falling, dripping onto her face.
Finally Chuuya jogs over and his eyes widen.
His own tears well up and he quickly leaves.
He refused to cry in front of anyone, especially Dazai.

Dazai finally gets up and carries her back to the base.
Everyone is silent and mournful.
As requested he gave her a little gravestone and made sure to visit often.
Giving her updates on his life.
When Oda died he made sure they were next to each other.
After he left the mafia he still visited her.

Sometimes he can still see her.
She stands next to Oda, reminding him of his new life's mission.
He knew she would be proud of the man he's become. Dazai only wished she was there to enjoy it with him.
Sometimes he catches tears streaming down his cheeks randomly.
Kunikida and Atsushi have called him out a few times but Dazai never gives a clear response.

The man walks down to the graveyard, hands in his pockets per usual.
Once he reaches the grave of his best friend and girlfriend he sits down and leans against them.
"I wish I could say life isn't worth living without you both. I want to exchange your lives for mine. But I'm doing my best. I found an orphan Odasaku. He'll be strong. (Y/n), my little mystery, I miss the life we had. The life we could've had together. I know it's selfish but I don't care."

"Dazai?" Atsushi questions, skipping over.
"Weretiger. Did you need something?"
"Is this grave important to you, Dazai?"
"Not the graves themselves... but the people inside yes. They were the most important people in my life."