Favorite Mug

Dazai has a favorite mug.
Who knew right?
It's the one (Y/n) gave him for their first wedding anniversary.
No one is allowed to touch the mug except for him.
He even banned (Y/n) from touching it. He didn't want anything to happen to it.
His behavior was similar to Ranpo with his food. (Insert eye roll here)
But since today Dazai was having a rough time (Y/n) decided to surprise her husband with his favorite drink in his favorite mug.
Unfortunately that was a terrible mistake.

(Y/n) hums softly as she listens to music with her headphones and pours the hot beverage into the mug.
Because she couldn't hear she didn't realize the weretiger was behind her.
When she turns around she screams in fright and drops the mug.
Not only does it break but it splashed hot liquid on her legs, feet and all over the floor.

"I'm so sorry!" Atsushi exclaims, bowing 90 degrees.
Tears stream down her cheeks quickly as she looks at the broken ceramic.
She kneels slowly and picks up the biggest piece.
"What was that scream? (Y/n) what's...wrong...?" Dazai trails off as he notices the problem. "Is that my mug?"
"I-I just wanted to...I wanted to surprise you."

Dazai's anger rises and his fists clench.
(Y/n) notices and looks up at her husband.
"This is why I said not to touch it! I knew something would happen to it. Are you fucking kidding me, (Y/n)?"
That's the first time he's ever called me by my name.
The brunette turns and walks away, slamming the door behind himself.
"Dazai," Atsushi whispers.

(Y/n) slowly picks up the pieces as the tiger uses paper towel to soak up the liquid.
Once she notices he's finished she grips the ceramic until she bleeds.
He watches her cry loudly and throw the pieces into the trash. Before he could hand her some towel to stop the bleeding she runs away.
Her salty tears blind her and make navigation more difficult.
The agency members watch confused.

Finally she ends in the bathroom and cleans up the blood in the sink.
She grabs some wrap that Yosano left there and makes sure it's tight enough to stop the bleeding.
A soft knock comes from the door and she sniffles before opening it.
Ranpo stands there and holds out her favorite drink. He always has one around for her, only because she's his favorite.
She takes it then leans her forehead on his shoulder.
He pats her head stiffly then walks away.

Later that night, as she sits out on her balcony in her rocking chair, she hears the wood creak behind her.
"Who's there?" She asks weakly, not bothering to look.
"Little mystery," a familiar voice whispers.
Her body stiffens but she remains looking at the full moon and stars.
"I'm sorry little mystery. I had no right to be mad. I've been busy and stressed and you just wanted to be kind."
"Kind," she whispers. (Y/n) looks up at her husband with red and puffy eyes.

He kneels next to her and holds her bandaged hand gently.
His thumb rubs the back lightly before he kisses it.
The woman sniffles softly and watches. "You scold me and now you want forgiveness?"
"I don't expect it, no. You should be angry with me; I overreacted."
"That gift meant a lot to you. I know that. I just wanted to make you feel better. And you used my name."
"I know, I never use it. Well except for our wedding day. I had to use it then."

(Y/n) is about to pull her hand away but he kisses it again.
Dazai stands up, picks her up and carries her to their bed. He lays her down and pets her hair then lays with her.
She curls into his chest and closes her eyes. "I will forgive you, but only if you use the new one I buy you."
"You're gonna buy me a new one?"
"It won't be the same one but it will still mean something to me like the last one did."
The brunette smiles and agrees. "I will guard it like the last."

(Y/n) looks into his eyes with a stern expression.
"Ok. Maybe not the same. You can touch it, but no one else."
The (h/c) nods and smiles gently. "It's a deal. I'll go make it tomorrow."
"Make it?"
"Yeah. There is a pottery shop downtown that I frequent. The owner and I are really good friends and he gives me a discount."
"Oh. That makes them even more precious to me. Maybe I won't let you touch it after all."

The woman rolls her eyes and turns her back to her husband.
He quickly wraps his arms around her waist.
Dazai kisses her neck gently and closes his eyes. "Just kidding," he whispers in her ear.
She hums in response and keeps her eyes closed.
"Sweet dreams, little mystery."
"Good night Osa." She mumbles and yawns softly, falling asleep soon after.