Used Me p2

Dazai sigh softly and knocks on the door.
Eventually (Y/n) opens her apartment door and looks up at the brunette.
She immediately slams the door in his face.
Fortunately he catches the door before it can close fully.
"Go away." She growls and glares.
"Do you want to visit your brother?" Dazai asks quietly.
"He's dead! You killed him!" She yells loudly.
"He's not dead and I wasn't the one who shot him."
"Wait... Hirano isn't dead?"
"No. He's in custody but I pulled a few strings. So if you wanna see him, you can."

(Y/n) slowly walks into the private room and sees her big brother laying on the bed.
"(Y/n)!" He exclaims and sits up quickly. "Are you ok? Have they hurt you? Did that bastard Dazai-"
"I haven't done anything to her Hirano." The agent cuts off the criminal.
(Y/n) walks over to her brother and sits on the bed next to him.
Tears stream down her cheeks slowly and he wipes them away.
"I'm so sorry." She whispers weakly.
"It wasn't your fault. I didn't try hard enough to distance you from my work. This is on me."

"Don't lie to her Hirano. Her naïveté is what got you caught."
Both siblings glare at the brunette.
"You're the asshole who used an innocent woman. She has nothing to do with my work."
"I used her solely to get to you because she is your weakness. Everything else was real and I regret it."
The older Kashima looks at the man confused. "You can't seriously mean you like her."
"Of course I can. We spent 10 weeks together. I enjoyed my time, not because she was the means to an end, but because she's beautiful, smart and fun to be around. Not to mention feisty and witty."

(Y/n) clenches her fists, willing desperately for her heart to stop pounding.
Thankfully her blush goes unnoticed.
"I already told you Dazai. I will never go out with you."
"I made you happy. Why couldn't we do that again?"
"Look where we are! Do you really think I would go back to a guy who put my brother behind bars?"
"I made you happy." He repeats, like this time it would change her mind.
(Y/n) stays silent and squeezes her eyes closed.
While she takes deep breathes Hirano rubs his sister's back.

Obviously he didn't want his sister to date the guy who put him away, but he heard her that day.
When she said she loved Dazai.
From what he knew about Dazai, the agent isn't the dating type.
So seeing this side of him is strange.
"She has every right to hate you. She knows nothing about you. She can't love you. So why are you trying so hard to win her back?" Hirano asks, confused.
Dazai looks at the man. "Because I want to make up for what I did."
"A pity date, cause that's so much better." (Y/n) responds sarcastically.

"I already told you how much I regret my decisions. I didn't even want to go undercover in the first place. When you started telling me more about yourself I knew things would end badly but I needed to capture Hirano."
(Y/n) turns her back to the brunette and stares at her brother.
He looks between the two.
Dazai looks up at the clock then sighs. "Times up. We have to go."
(Y/n) hugs Hirano tightly and he hugs back.
The two pull away and the brother smiles. "I'll see you soon."

Dazai escorts her out.
"I can't believe you." She whispers and turns to the agent quickly.
His heart clenches seeing the tears blur her vision.
"Can you at least believe me when I say I regret what I did?"
"If you could do it over again you wouldn't change anything. Not if it meant catching Hirano."
"That's not true." Dazai immediately counters. "I would have never used you. I don't like hurting innocent women. Ask anyone I work with."
"You knew exactly how to manipulate me into thinking we were happy. Dazai do you realize how hard it is finding someone who likes me and isn't trying to get to my brother. From the moment he started his east side shit I have had one guy after another cosy up to me to get in good with him."

"I know that's hard and I'm sorry. Let me start over."
"Why are you trying so hard? Why do you sound so desperate for my affection? Weren't you the one who called me naive?"
"I did because you were. It wasn't your fault though. It was mine."
"That's not what you said before."
"I know what I said before."
(Y/n) is so confused and doesn't know how to feel.
All her emotions are mixing together, fighting for who will win.
After a long time of staring into each other's eyes Dazai slowly takes her hand.
"Do you seriously think we can be happy?"
"We did it before. Why can't we do it again?"

(Y/n) squeezes his hand and looks down. "Can I visit him whenever I want?"
"I'll see what I can do. If he cooperates and turns over a new leaf maybe I can get his sentence reduced."
"You would do that?"
"I know how much you care about one another. If he was willing then there is a chance."
The woman smiles softly and looks into his eyes.
"I know things won't go back to the way there were and that it won't be easy, but I wanna give us another try."
"Ok," she whispers.