His Approval

"You're the strongest person I know! Stop begging for Osa's praise; it's not gonna happen! I'm weak and I have no power! You are everything to me Aku. You helped me want to become strong."
The raven haired man stands shocked by her words. "(Y/n) I..."
The woman wipes her tears away. "You don't need his opinion. You are strong. I know and so should you."
Akutagawa takes a step toward his mentor's younger sister.
"I love you Ryu. I can't stand seeing you like this. You are so powerful and smart and talented. Please, please see that in yourself."

The man sighs softly and smiles slightly. "You love me (Y/n)?"
"Yes," she whispers.
He cups her face gently then kisses her.
She grips his jacket and kisses back.
"What the hell is going on here?" A certain brunette man questions walking over.
"Dazai." Aku whispers then takes a step away from the woman.
"Osa... it's none of your concern."
"Oh yeah? My pupil is kissing my sister. I think it is my concern."

"He is my boyfriend. You can't do anything to change that."
"Boyfriend? How long has this been going on?" Dazai asks angrily.
Akutagawa blushes softly and looks away. "Just now."
(Y/n) smiles and links her arm with the ravenette. "We're happy Osa. Don't take that away from me, from us."

Dazai growls and clenches his fists. "He is weak. He doesn't deserve you."
"He is not weak! I love him and he loves me."
"Don't be foolish! He only cares about power." The man scolds his sister.
"Dazai I do care for her deeply. I have an urge to make her happy."
"Then you are weak."
"Does love make you weak? Osa tell me. Do you really think so low of us?"
"Yes." He responds strictly then leaves.

Tears stream down her cheeks again as she buries her face in Ryu's chest.
The said man rubs her back and sighs softly. "I am sorry."
"Don't be sorry. He is the stubborn jerk."
Aku nods slightly and pulls away. "I will be strong so I can protect you. I will show him I can be strong, strong for you."
(Y/n) blushes softly and kisses his cheek. "I will get strong with you. We can protect each other."
"Protect each other." He mumbles then smiles slightly.

Years go by and Dazai is now an agency member.
The agency and mafia have worked together multiple times and fought even more.
Akutagawa became stronger and helped his girlfriend get strong, despite her lack of an ability.
(Y/n) felt a little guilty about Higuchi.
Aku only had time for fighting and his girlfriend. He kept his promise to protect her and make her happy.
The woman showed him how strong he was and that he didn't need her brother's approval.

Although after they fight the Guild Dazai finally gives in.
(Y/n) kisses her boyfriend's cheek for a good job.
Her brother walks over to Ryu and puts his hand on his shoulder.
The ravenette looks up.
"You've gotten strong."
And with that the boy faints.

(Y/n) giggles softly then frowns and looks up at her brother.
Dazai holds her hand gently. "Little mystery, I love you. I know I was hard on you both back when I was in the mafia. But things are different now. I'm proud of you, both of you."
The woman leans her forehead against his chest and he rubs her back.
"Little mystery~"
"You're such a stubborn jerk Osa."
"Yes I know. But I care about you. And I'm glad Ryu is getting stronger and able to protect you."
"I can protect him too now. We've been training for years now."

The brunette frowns and cups her cheek. "Good. The mafia is dangerous and I'm not there to protect you anymore. You must rely on yourself and others powers to do it."
The woman rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. "I never needed you to save me, Osa. I am smart and I know how to take care of myself."
He pats her head and nods. "Good. Then maybe we can see each other more often."
"I'd like that Osa. By the way... I love you too."