Here For You

(Y/n) looks away from her boyfriend, wringing her hands behind her back.
"Little mystery you're starting to make me nervous. You can be open with me, you know that."
Finally she squeezes her eyes closed, tears falling slowly as she hands him an ultrasound photo.
Dazai looks at the item once he takes it then inspects it.
It didn't take long for him to realize what this means.
"I'm sorry." She whispers softly and wraps her arms around herself.
The brunette stands up slowly and holds her close, putting her face in his chest. "Don't apologize. Everything will be ok."

(Y/n) sniffles and looks up. "You want the baby?"
"Of course. I would never ask you to get rid of it, not knowing how much you want it. We will be the best parents ever."
His enthusiasm makes her smile.
His expression turns serious though making her frown.
"I promise little mystery, I will take care of you. This is half my fault so I will take responsibility. Anything you need just ask. Also just know when I complain I am still happy deep down."
The woman smiles again and kisses her boyfriend.

True to his word Dazai does his best to cater to her needs.
(Y/n) isn't the type to go overboard though. She won't ask him to do something just for fun.
He works hard and he gets tired too so she tries not to need him.
Although Dazai assures her he will always have time for her.
The easy parts are the massages and afternoon cravings.
But when cravings come at 2 or 3 am the only reason he can get up is the fact (Y/n) will cry and try to do it herself.

Dazai lays her down and kisses her head. "I'll go get whatever you want, just relax."
She moves around, now uncomfortable, but he helps her before he leaves.
Soon enough Dazai comes back with her new craving and watches her eat until he falls back asleep.
(Y/n) looks at her boyfriend and smiles slightly. She leans over and kisses his cheek gently.
After putting the bowl on her bedside table she gets comfortable and falls asleep too.

Once it gets closer to the due date, and her stomach has grown significantly, she gets more emotional.
About her body and how Dazai feels about everything.
He's been working more recently and deep down she knew why but her clouded mind makes her believe he's avoiding her.
She's grown so annoying and bothersome that Dazai would rather work then be with her.
One day she accidentally said something out loud and the agency members were quick to deny it.
They all assured her he was not and that he would rather be with her.
Dazai returned from a job and immediately sensed the tension in the office. "What did I miss?"

The agency members take turns watching over her.
Ranpo even had a fun time trying new snacks with her.
They got along great.
Except one time.
Ranpo is a very blunt person, he tells it like it is.
When (Y/n) asked if she looked fatter than normal everyone said no except Ranpo.
He said, "of course you do."
Tears water the woman's eyes and Dazai glares at the other brunette.
"Ranpo how could you say that?" Kenji asks.
"Don't you know pregnant women are sensitive. You were supposed to say no." Kunikida adds, pushing up his glasses.
"Why would I lie to her and say no?" The detective inquires, putting his sucker back in his mouth.

(Y/n) walks over and hugs Ranpo.
"Little mystery?" Dazai mumbles, watching her walk away from him.
"You're the best." The mother-to-be mumbles into his shoulder.
Ranpo smirks and pats her back. "I know."
(Y/n) gets the last laugh though when she steals his sucker and walks away.