Used Me

"Name: (Y/n), age: 23, family: she's the younger sister of my target. Damn, I hate going undercover." Dazai mumbles to himself as he looks through his file.
"She's a young girl looking for love. I'm sure you can be charming, right Dazai?" Atsushi asks.
"He has to hold back the urge to ask her to commit a double suicide first. She's very beautiful." Kunikida comments, pushing up his glasses.
"As if. She's simply a means to an end. No feelings are required. Plus this kind of girl is easily manipulated."
"You're gonna pretend to have feelings for her? That doesn't sound like you Dazai." Atsushi mumbles, more to himself.
"It's a good thing you never met me when I worked for the mafia." The brunette responds then leaves the building.

(Y/n) laughs softly. "Don't worry bro I'm doing just fine. I'm just getting home now."
Dazai smirks, then begins his act and stumbles his way toward the woman. "Miss, please help me. Can you help me?"
The (h/c) looks over quickly and hangs up the phone. "Are you ok? What happened?"
"Some thugs came out of nowhere. I managed to get away but please. Can you help me?"
"This is my apartment. Come inside and I'll clean you up."
"Thank you."

He follows her inside, holding his side and limping.
She wraps her arm around his waist and helps him in.
Getting in is the easy part. Now to make her fall for me.
Dazai sits on the closed toilet seat and lets her patch up his wounds. (self inflicted of course)

The woman hums softly as she dabs his face gently. "What's your name?"
"First name Yukine, last name Hado. I'm sure you have a more lovely name."
The woman blushes and keeps her eyes on his cheek. "(Y/n) Kashima."
"Whoa wait. Are you related to Hirano Kashima, that west side crime group leader? I hear they're some up and coming baddies over there. Scary stuff."
(Y/n) frowns and nods. "That's my older brother. I know he does bad stuff but I can't stop him. He keeps me away from it though. Doesn't want me to get involved or hurt because of it."
"Sounds like a good brother."
The woman smiles and nods.

"Let me take you out to dinner as a thank you. Or maybe I could cook us something. I don't wanna brag but I'm a pretty decent chef."
(Y/n) blushes but agrees. "I'd like to try your cooking."
"Does right now work? I didn't have any plans for tonight."
"Oh! Right now is perfect. I didn't have any plans and I am hungry."
"Perfect. Then stand back and watch me work wonders in the kitchen."

For the rest of the night Dazai lays on charm and deception to lure her right into his web.
He knew he had her caught when he kissed her cheek before he left.
She bites the inside of her cheek and quickly closes the door.
That was too easy. This poor girl should've taken lessons from her brother about trusting too easy.

Over the next few weeks Dazai and (Y/n) "start dating" and she fell hard.
He was everything she wanted. Dazai knew exactly what to say, how to say it and knew exactly what to do and when to do it.
(Y/n) opens up about her brother more and gives him classified information that probably shouldn't be leaked.
He relayed the information to Kunikida who helped keep a file of the new west side group.

After a month and a half of dating, and the "couple" is having another home cooked meal, (Y/n) drops the L-bomb.
"Dazai I know it hasn't been that long, and I don't know if it's just me but... I love you. I fell hard for you, everything about you. I-"
"What am I interrupting?" A familiar voice asked from the dining room doorway.
Dazai's back is to the man but he knew who it was.

"Hirano, what are you doing here? It's not safe for you."
"I wanted to see you but I see you have a guest."
"Dazai is that Kashima?" Kunikida asks through the earpiece Dazai has in. "You need to get him now or we'll lose him when he recognizes you."
Dazai remains seated and waits.
"This is my boyfriend Yukine Hado." (Y/n) smiles happily.
Unfortunately the brunette was not.
His expression is serious and hard.

Hirano looks down at the agent and his eyes widen. He quickly steps away and his fists clench.
"Don't bother with your ability Kashima. You know it won't work."
"Dazai! What are you doing here? You're dating an Armed Detective?" The crime leader yells at his sister.
"What? No! He said he worked at the-"
"He was lying to you! He used you to get to me."

(Y/n) looks at Dazai and tears water her eyes. "Tell me that's not true. Please," she begs.
His expression remains straight as he stands, hands in his jacket pockets.
"Oh god~" she cries weakly. "I will never find love. Anyone just uses me and lies to me. I should've known you weren't any different. You knew exactly how to trick me. Did you have fun fucking with me Dazai?"
"Of course not. I haven't done anything like this for years now. If your brother wasn't a thorn in my side maybe things could've been different."

Hirano pulls out his gun and aims at the detective. "I won't let you take me. Your ability only works on other abilities. You can't fight against bullets."
"That's where you're wrong."
Before Dazai could do anything the man grabs his sister and puts the gun to her head.
The woman gasps when grabbed then cries more. "Hirano! What are you doing?"
The agent growls. "This is why I can't stand guys like you. I can't wait to fill you with lead."
"I will pull this trigger. Let us go and she lives."

The (h/c) cries and struggles against her brother.
Dazai knew he would pull the trigger so now he had to figure out how to get the gun out of his hand.
The brother cocks the gun and chokes his sister harder.
Just as (Y/n) and Dazai make eye contact a loud bang causes the woman to scream and the agent to flinch.
Hirano groans as he falls to the ground.

Kunikida sighs and pushes up his glasses. He kneels down and cuffs the unconscious man.
"You're a lifesaver Kunikida." Dazai compliments, eyes closed and his smile big.
(Y/n) falls to her knees and cries into her hands.
Dazai sighs softly while the blonde leaves the room with the brother.
Her breathing is ragged and borderline hyperventilating.
He puts his hand on her back but she slaps it away, backing away from him quickly.
"Don't touch me!" She yells. "I'm such an idiot. Of course you didn't love me. You lied to me about everything, you used me to get to my brother just like everyone else and worst of all- I still love you. I hate myself so much."
Her face buries into her knees as she cries more.

Dazai puts his hand on her back again but she didn't have the strength to move away this time.
"I know what I did was wrong, but sometimes we have to make difficult decisions for the greater good. Your brother did bad things and I was able to stop that. Yes I lied to you about a lot of things, pretty much everything, but there is one thing I never lied about."
"Oh yeah? What's that?" She asks sarcastically.
"I actually enjoyed every second we spent together. I may have used you and this was all an act, but I had fun the whole time I was with you. Every time I laughed they were real, every smile-real."

That just made it hurt more.
"How can you expect me to move on from this? You broke my heart Dazai."
"I don't expect forgiveness. But maybe we can go out for real this time. You're beautiful and fun to be around. I think I could fall for you in due time."
(Y/n) slaps him hard and her fists clench. "You think I would crawl back to you after what you did to me?"
"I think you would. Because despite what happened, you know I could make you happy. These last 7 weeks have shown you how much I know you and what you want."

(Y/n) glares at the brunette and crosses her arms.
Dazai moves hair behind her ear and smiles softly. "No more lies, no more faking. Just you and I and total honesty... and love."
"Never." She whispers then walks away.