Go Ahead

Dazai laughs and holds (Y/n) close.
The woman giggles and leans into him. "Osa don't! I'm gonna..."
More tickling ensues and she gasps.
"Can't you two be gross somewhere else?" Ranpo questions, chewing on a Pocky stick.
Dazai sticks his tongue out at his elder.
(Y/n) smiles and lays her head on her boyfriend's shoulder. "I'm sorry Edo."
"I'm not," Dazai mumbles.
"I've never seen a couple so in love." President Fukuzawa comments, walking past to his office.
"Are you sure about that president?" Kunikida inquires, pushing his glasses up.

(Y/n) gasps softly and groans. "Dazai will murder you when he finds us."
The man laughs and squats in front of the woman. "Who do you think led us to you little one?"
She looks at him confused.
Her attention is pulled away from her kidnapper and lands on her boyfriend.
He walks out of the shadows, expression impossible to read.
"O-Osa?"

"Yes, tell her Dazai. Explain how you used her."
The woman looks up confused, desperately trying to make eye contact with her boyfriend.
He finally looks down and smirks. "It wasn't hard. All I had to do was say a couple pretty lines and she was hooked. She fell in love with me so quickly; she would do anything I asked."
"You gave us everything we needed, little pet."
"Osa I-"
"Don't call me that. Did you really think I would actually want you to be my little mystery? That's such a stupid nickname."

Tears stream down her cheeks.
"So now what? You used me, made me believe that you loved me."
"Now, my sweet pet, we kill you. Right Dazai?" The man chokes the woman with his large bicep.
A knife pointed in her face.
Her eyes widen as she looks at the brunette quickly.

Dazai remains stoic. "She's no longer useful. Go ahead and kill her."
The man looks between the couple. "Are you sure? Why don't you do it?" He offers Dazai the knife.
"I refuse to get my hands dirty. Get it over and done with. Or if you want her to suffer you can stab her here and she'll bleed out slowly."
Thanks to Yosano, Dazai could point out places that would prolong her death.

Unfortunately all (Y/n) could think about was how her last moments were gonna be painful and she'd probably die alone.
The man laughs evilly and turns the knife back to the woman. "You truly are the devil Dazai Osamu. You want to torture a woman who loves you will all her heart."
"And yet I don't feel anything toward her. I never did. Have fun with her."
As the brunette leaves (Y/n) cries softly.

"Now let's see how long it will take for the light behind your eyes to fade."
(Y/n) grips his arm as he stabs where Dazai pointed out before.
He drops her and she falls onto her side.
Her hand clamps the wound, her breathing becoming shallow.
"Now be a good girl and die slowly." He drops the knife and walks away.

(Y/n) claws the ground but she doesn't move. "It was all a lie. I let myself fall so hard for a man who doesn't love me. I should've known better. He's probably incapable of loving. All he wants is death, his and mine."
After a few hours (Y/n) hears a noise but her vision is blurry and she's barely conscious.
"(Y/n)!" A feminine voice exclaims and rushes to her side.
The bleeding woman could just barely make out a skinny woman with a bob haircut.
Before anything else (Y/n) finally passes out.

"Dazai she could've died! If I had gotten there any later she would have. If he would have stabbed anywhere else she wouldn't have made it."
"I told him where to stab her for a reason. I knew you would get there in time. I had everything planned."
"Planned huh? Do you have a plan for when she wakes up and thinks you don't love her?"
The brunette sighs softly but nods. "Yes. I just hope she'll actually forgive me. She's a very understanding woman."
"Whatever Dazai. She should wake up soon." Yosano leaves the infirmary.

(Y/n) whimpers softly and her eyes slowly flutter open.
Dazai walks over and holds her hand. "Little mystery, you're ok. Just take it easy."
Tears stream down her cheeks and she squeezes his hand.
"I thought you said that was a stupid nickname? That you don't love me. Y-you let him stab me."
"I know, little mystery. I was just keeping up appearances. I knew Yosano would use her ability on you."
"You said you never loved me."
More tears stream down her cheeks.

Dazai wipes her cheek gently and kisses her forehead. "It was all a lie so he would believe me. Don't worry about him now. He's dead."
She buries her face in his chest and grips his vest. "Why didn't you tell me? I could've played the part."
"I needed it to be realistic. I'm so sorry." He kisses her forehead gently. "Please forgive me."
(Y/n) pounds her fist on his chest weakly.

"Is that a yes or no?" He mumbles and looks down at her.
She doesn't answer.
"I'll give you some time then. You should be fine by tomorrow."
(Y/n) sniffles and looks away.
"Mystery, I love you. I swear on Odasaku's grave I do."
That made her heart clench.
"O-Oda?"
"Mhm."

She looks up into his eyes and cries softly.
Dazai sighs but smiles. He rubs her back gently. "Little mystery, you don't have to cry. Everything is gonna be ok. I won't let anything happen to you again."
"You won't let anyone else attempt to kill me?"
"Nope. You won't die until we commit our double suicide."
(Y/n) laughs through her tears and lays back on the bed. "Ok, it's a deal."