Curruption Kills

(Y/n) clings to Chuuya's arm. "Come on Hara please! We can't do this without your ability. I swear on my life! Dazai will come and nullify it. We can do this mission."
The redhead looks at his best friend, scared. "I can't risk hurting you. I have no control in that form."
"Everything will be ok. I will be by your side the whole time backing you up. You don't have to be scared." She cups his cheek, smiling gently.
"Your boyfriend will kill me if anything-"
"Osa will not kill you. You know why? Because nothing bad is gonna happen."
Chuuya sighs but nods. "Fine."

"Hara hurry! Use Corruption!" The woman yells and shoots a bunch of Guild lackeys.
"AGH!" Chuuya yells as his ability takes over.
(Y/n) stands nearby and beats up her own bad guys. "Dazai, where are you?" The woman mumbles looking around the battlefield.
Chuuya throws gravity balls all over the enemy.
Unfortunately (Y/n) wasn't paying attention and she didn't jump out of the way in time.
One of the voids took her and nearly a hundred men with her.
Just as Chuuya creates his largest ball, Dazai grabs his arm calmly.
"Take it easy buddy." He whispers and they float to the ground.
"You were supposed to stop me earlier." Chuuya manages, stumbling.

Dazai looks around for his girlfriend but finds the battlefield empty of any survivors.
"(Y/n)?" Dazai yells, starting to walk around.
Chuuya uses his willpower to remain conscious and look around. "(Nickname)?" He stumbles around, looking for his best friend.
After looking around everywhere Dazai and Chuuya come back together.
Dazai holds up (Y/n)'s flat.
The redhead looks at the shoe confused.

"This is all that's left. I found it left behind from one of your gravity balls."
"What? That can't be right. She would've moved before it could hit her."
"You killed her," he whispers.
"No! I would never. You know that. She was my best friend."
Dazai growls and grabs Chuuya by the neck and starts choking.
Chuuya is still weak from his ability overuse so he struggles to fight back.

Tears stream down both their cheeks.
"She promised me you would be there. You were supposed to be here!" Chuuya yells and shoves Dazai away.
The brunette wipes his face, unable to say anything. He knew Chuuya had no control in that state.
The pain just hits him hard.
Then the PTSD with Oda comes flooding back.
It was my fault Oda died! I didn't get there in time. Now (Y/n) is dead! And it's my fault... Everyone dies because of me. I really should kill myself and end all this suffering.
Chuuya wipes his face and sniffles.

Dazai watches his rival leave, still sniffling and tears still streaming.
Chuuya stumbles back to the mafia base and to his room.
As soon as his face hits the pillow he passes out.
It was a wonder he didn't suffocate that night.
Dazai falls to his knees and finally everything comes out.
A loud scream echoes in the silent field.
He cries and tries wiping the tears but more keep coming.
Then he tugs on his hair roughly.

After a while he felt numb, like nothing was left.
He goes back to the agency and says nothing.
The agency members ask about (Y/n) but he says nothing.
That brought the atmosphere down and everyone was solemn.
Dazai finishes his report, goes home and immediately passes out.
His nightmares are haunted by not only his little mystery but Oda as well.
Obviously he didn't get much sleep that night.