Cold And Distant

(Y/n) smiles and holds her boyfriend's hand but he pulls away, putting his hand back in his pocket.
He walks ahead of her and talks to Kouyou.
The (h/c) frowns and looks down. She slows down and lets the two executives go on ahead.
Dazai sighs as they discuss new missions.
The older woman twirls her umbrella and chuckles quietly. "Dazai, I would suggest dinner before the mission. I'm sure she would enjoy that."
"No. She has more important things to do. She needs to train more."
"Dazai surely you can't be that heartless. It could be your last date. You could die during-"
"Oh please. It will take more than these pesky thugs to kill me. Chuuya and I could defeat them with our eyes closed."

(Y/n) sits on a wooden crate in the warehouse Aku and Dazai train in. She flips her switchblade then throws it perfectly in the middle of the target.
His words echo in her mind.
She needs to train more.
"I'm not strong enough. I don't deserve him. That's why he's been distant and cold toward me. He probably doesn't love me, not like I love him."
Dazai sighs, walking over and covers her eyes.

(Y/n) gasps and twists his wrist, as a reflex.
The brunette groans and hunches over.
She quickly lets go and apologizes.
He rubs his wrist and chuckles quietly. "That was good. You have been practicing."
(Y/n) remains silent and sits back down.
"I came by to see you before I left."
"I thought you were just gonna leave. I figured you would try getting there before Chuuya."

Dazai sits in front of her on another crate. "Little mystery?"
(Y/n) looks into his eyes. "What?"
"You're acting strange. What's wrong?
A sudden laugh accidentally comes out.
I'm the one acting strange?
"Are you serious Osa?"
He looks at her confused.
"Osa, have you not noticed how you've been acting?"

As realization dawns on him, he sighs.
She shakes her head but as she stands up to leave he grabs her wrist.
He puts her on his lap, putting his coat around her shoulders.
(Y/n) cups his cheek and she rubs the bandage over his eye.
Dazai rubs her hips with his thumbs. "I am distant because I have to keep up appearances. The mafia has no place for weak people. I am an executive which means I must act like one."
"So why did you ask me out? I'm a weakness and-"
"Because I love you." He cuts her off and grips her chin.

She looks into his eye and holds back tears. "Cold and distant. I began to wonder if you had feelings for me or if they vanished."
"No, my little mystery. I still love you. I'm just not good at expressing it. Forgive me."
"Do you really know how to love Osa?"
He opens his mouth to respond then closes it again.
She smiles softly and lays her head on his shoulder.
"I know how to love. I'm just not good at showing it and this job doesn't always allow for it."

"We could always leave the mafia. Do something that allows us to be open and happy."
The brunette laughs and kisses her forehead. "Leave the mafia huh? What would I do that for?"
(Y/n) pulls away and looks into his eyes. "Did you not hear what I just said?"
He chuckles but nods. "Yes I heard. I was joking."
(Y/n) pouts softly and crosses her arms. "You better stop being a jerk Osa. No more distance, no more being cold toward me."
The boy groans but pulls her body flush against his, smirking. "As you wish."