Meursault

Dazai smiles softly and cups (Y/n)'s cheek.
The woman closes her eyes and leans into his palm. "I love you." She whispers then looks up into his eyes again.
"I love you too little mystery. No matter what happens to me."
"Can you promise me you won't get stabbed again?"
The agent manages a small laugh. "I think I can manage that."
"Can we go for dinner tonight?"
The man thinks for a while then nods. "Sure."

Unfortunately they don't get a chance.
Dazai is arrested and sent to Meursault.
(Y/n) bursts into Ango's office, grabs him by his collar and starts shaking him.
The man groans and pushes up his glasses.
"Where is Osa!" She yells, still shaking him.
"(Y/n) calm down."
"Is he dead? Did Fyodor kill him?"
"They are both in Meursault."
"He's been arrested?"
"He's a fugitive. Obviously they've both been apprehended and locked away."

(Y/n) slowly lets go and frowns. "Can I visit him?"
"Of course not."
"Why not?!"
"Because that would ruin the plan. Now go home and keep to yourself. I wouldn't want any of Fyodor's people coming after you."
The (h/c) clenches her fists. "Can you promise to keep me updated?"
"I will not be contacting you for any reason. I am a government official, I can't leak information to a civilian."
His "all business" attitude gets on her nerves.
"Would you tell me if he died?"
He remains silent and with that she clenches her fists and leaves.

As time passes (Y/n) grew more worried.
With all the horrors going on, not only in the city but the world, she didn't know what to do.
Obviously the agency watches over her and Chuuya is the first to tell her Dazai was too stubborn to die.
Quickly followed by: "good riddance if he does get killed though".
(Y/n) assumed he was safe under surveillance but nothing could've prepared her for the news of his escape.

Nikolai explained his plan after he kidnaps her. He leaves her outside the prison and tells her to wait for anyone to come out.
(Y/n) is left with her thoughts.
Her mind races as the possibility of her boyfriend dying consumes her.
Obviously she couldn't make Nikolai reconsider or do anything to help so she waits.
As the thoughts of their last moments together cloud her mind (Y/n) couldn't make up her mind if they were good or bad.
If he died right now would she regret what she said, what they did, etc?

When (Y/n) finally sees her boyfriend her eyes widen.
He looks awful.
Instead of calling out to him she covers her mouth.
Only after Fyodor is dead and Nikolai winks at her and leaves does (Y/n) let out a soft cry.
Dazai turns quickly at the sound and his eyes widen.
(Y/n)'s legs move on their own and she runs into his arms.
The agent hugs the woman desperately and grips both her shirt and hair.
The woman cries into his chest, gripping his shirt tightly.

Chuuya rolls his eyes and goes back to trying to pull his fangs off, of course to no avail.
Dazai slowly pulls away and frowns. "Little mystery you look so wore out. Are you ok?"
"I was so worried. I tried to remind myself you would be ok but I couldn't help the intrusive thoughts. I was so scared you would die."
"I could never leave you Little mystery. I love you so much."
(Y/n) takes in his appearance and he could tell it made her upset.

"I'm ok darling."
"Were you shot?"
Chuuya chuckles. "I finally got to shoot him. Twice might I add. It was great. Sadly he's alive though."
"Twice?!" She looks between his shoulder and forehead.
"Yeah. And he didn't listen to me, per usual."
"Whatever. I'm going back to the Mafia base for my next orders." With that, he leaves.

(Y/n)'s hands move from his back to his hips.
Dazai's move to frame her face and they stare into each other's eyes.
"I love you so much." She whispers and leans their foreheads together.
Their eyes close and remain in silence, enjoying the company.
Especially since his only companion was Fyodor.
"Can we go home and just relax for a bit. I-I just want you to hold me."

Dazai opens his mouth but closes it.
A vulnerable idea pops into mind and he doesn't know whether he wants to ask or not.
(Y/n) can see the wheels turning in his head and smiles softly. "What's wrong?" She asks quietly.
"Will you hold me?" He blurts then looks into her eyes.
The question takes her by surprise but slowly her eyes close and she smiles wide.
"Of course I can." She takes his hand and they head home.

They both knew they couldn't be together for too long since Dazai needs to get back to the fight but right now he could use a little break.
(Y/n) pets his hair while his face is buried in her chest.
His hands squeeze her shirt and he mumbles into her.
"I love you so much little mystery."
"I love you too Osa. I will always be here for you."
Dazai smiles and completely relaxes into her.