Anything To Protect You

(Y/n) bites her lip as her boyfriend corners her against an alleyway wall.
"What did I tell you about seeing him?"
"Osa is my best friend. Nothing more."
"That freak doesn't deserve a second of your attention. You were supposed to visit me at work. You embarrassed me in front of my colleagues."
"I never planned on going there. But I'm sorry."
"You will be sorry."

(Y/n) sniffles softly as she cleans up her bloody face at home.
Her boyfriend walks up behind her and grabs her hip. "Now tell me, who do you love."
"You," she whispers.
"Louder!"
"You!" She yells and whimpers softly.
He looks at her through the mirror and pets her hair gently. "You are mine. And mine alone. You understand, yes? No one could love you but me."
(Y/n) looks away but nods. "No one but you."

"Little mystery he's crazy! You have to stay away from him. Is that why you've been avoiding me?"
The woman remains silent, unable to make eye contact.
"Of course. That's not even a question. Being possessive is natural but this is too far. He's psychotic."
"Dazai I-"
"Whoa! Whoa there. Since when do you use my last name? Can't you see what he's doing to you?"
(Y/n) grips his jacket and buries her face in his chest. "Osa, I don't know what to do. He'll find me and hurt me again. He doesn't want me ever seeing you again. I just want to make the pain go away."

Dazai holds her close and rubs her back. "I want you to stay here. I will deal with him. I will protect you, my little mystery."
She looks into his eyes and he rubs her cheek with his thumb.
He kisses her forehead then leaves.
(Y/n) looks around the bedroom and cries softly. She lays on the bed and curls up.

Dazai puts his hands in his pockets and walks to her apartment.
The man in question is there, drinking and watching tv.
Without knocking the suicidal maniac breaks down the door and walks in.
The man jumps out of his seat and glares at the man. "What do you think you're doing here?"
"I've come to warn you. If you come near her, contact her or even look at her I will personally kill you myself."
"HA! A twig like you could never beat me in a fight."
"I don't need my fists to kill you. But seeing as how I'm smarter than you it won't be hard."
"Or I could break you right now like the toothpick you are. She is mine and she knows that."

"She doesn't belong to anyone. She doesn't want you. And you can't do anything about that anymore."
"Do you intend to take her away? Try to make her your toy? I see the way you look at her."
"She is my best friend. I will do whatever it takes to keep her safe. And that means I take you out of the picture."
"Give it your best shot."
Without another word, before the man can blink, Dazai pulls the trigger.

(Y/n) lays on "her" side of the bed and squeezes Dazai's pillow.
The said man walks into the room and sees his friend, causing him to sigh softly.
Her face is only half visible since it's mostly buried in the pillow.
He changes into comfortable clothes and gets into the bed. Dazai holds her close and she immediately curls into his chest.
His warmth and comfort calm her nerves.
(Y/n) takes deep breaths and smiles softly.

"Everything will be ok now. Just rest and dream sweet." He whispers and kisses her head.
Due to her only being half awake it only took a moment to fully succumb to the darkness.
When she wakes again Dazai isn't in bed anymore.
As she looks around the room, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, the said man walks in.
He smiles, holding a tray with her breakfast. "Good morning."
"Thank you for this."
Dazai sets the tray across her lap and kisses her forehead.

"I will be leaving for work soon. You will have no more troubles with him, I promise."
Her lips close around the fork but pauses before chewing.
"Is he dead?" She finally asks after swallowing.
"Do you want him to be dead?"
She shakes her head.
The brunette smiles, eyes closed. "Then it's a good thing I only gave him a warning."
(Y/n) sighs but nods. "Ok then. I love you Osa."
"I love you too, my little mystery. I will do anything to keep you safe."
(Y/n) smiles softly and continues to eat.