Calls and Texts

(Y/n) sniffles softly as the phone rings.
"The number you have dialed is not available. Please leave a message after the tone."
BEEP
"Hey papa it's me again. It's been a while since I called last. I'm sorry. It's been hard lately. Like really hard. I'm doing my best though. Chin up, just like you said. Mama is still losing her memory. I don't think she'll remember me by the end of the week. Oh and Yukine just started college. He's so smart and kind, just like you. He said he wants to take over where you left off. I can't bring myself to look at it but I will someday. When I'm ready to face everything. Anyways, I guess I should go. I love you. And I... I miss you."
Her voice trails to a whisper as she hangs up.

Dazai sighs softly as he listens to the message.
Kunikida looks at his partner. "Dazai, are you still pretending to be that girl's father?"
"The least I can do for her is to listen. And once in a while I text her some comforting words and advice."
"Advice from you huh? Suicide I assume."
"Of course not! She's young and beautiful but she has plenty of life to live. I would never be so cruel."
The blonde is surprised but he smiles and goes back to work.

"Do you plan on ever meeting her Dazai?" Atsushi asks, rolling over on his chair.
"Meet her? I never thought about it before."
"It's been how many years now? And you never thought to meet her?"
The brunette shrugs and looks down at his phone. "This girl has been talking to me about everything. Jobs, relationships and family problems. Do you really think she'd wanna meet me? Ruin her illusion."
"I guess you have a point." Kunikida pushes up his glasses then starts typing again.
Atsushi sighs and goes back to paperwork.

Dazai walks with his hands in his pockets through the graveyard. He walks to the grave of her father and sets a few flowers down.
A soft breeze blows his brown hair out of his face.
"You can rest in peace sir. Your daughter is in good hands. I'll guide her the best I can."
"Did you know my father?" (Y/n) asks, walking over with a bouquet of hydrangea.
"No. I um..." Dazai debates on telling her.
(Y/n) kneels in front of the grave, setting the flowers down while she waits for him to respond.
Dazai remains silent as she goes into prayer mode. He smiles softly.
"Don't worry darling. Everything will work itself out soon."
The text catches her attention and she looks at her phone.

Tears water her eyes as she reads the text then looks up at the brunette.
"Are you...?" She trails off, unable to finish her question.
The tall man nods, smiling slightly. "I didn't think you would wanna meet me. But I guess I should've known you'd come on the 5th anniversary."
(Y/n) quickly stands up and hugs the man tightly.
Her cries are muffled by his jacket as he rubs her back.
"Thank you so much." (Y/n) manages to whisper. "It's so hard. I don't know what to do anymore. I wish he was here to guide me. But you...you've helped me so much."
"I know how you feel. Unable to see your future and not knowing what to do. A meaning to life eludes me."
The (h/c) sniffles and wipes her face with tissues from her pocket.

"Can we get coffee sometime? I need to know the man who has helped me these last five years."
"You'll be disappointed when you learn who I really am. I'm not the perfect man you think I am."
The girl shakes her head quickly. "I don't care if you're perfect or not. You are my guiding angel. I want to know you."
Dazai sighs but nods. "As you wish. I will text you when I have some free time. There is a cafe I frequent on the ground level of my work building."
"Work building? Wait, do you work for the ADA?"
The brunette looks at the woman confused. "Yeah."
(Y/n) smiles softly. "I love that cafe. The man who makes the coffee is the sweetest man I know."

Dazai chuckles and nods. "Yes he is. Anyways, I should go. I'm sure there is a stack of jobs waiting on my desk."
"Thank you again..." the girl trails off. "What is your name?"
"My name? Osamu Dazai." He responds then walks away.
(Y/n) smiles and looks back at her father's grave. "I think I'm gonna be ok papa. Osa will look after me."