Suicide Pact

"Oh come now Dazai. She's a pretty little thing. I'm sure if you got to know her, you'd like her."
The said 15 year old rolls his eyes as his boss tries coaxing him into befriending the new mafia member.
"She's around your age and you have a few common interests."
"Oh yeah? Like what Mori?" Dazai inquires, not really caring.
"You both are young mafia members-"
"That doesn't mean anything." The boy interrupts.
"AND... apparently she's a suicide enthusiast as well. When I asked her to elaborate, she gave me a similar response to yours."
The brunette looks at the raven haired man skeptically.
Mori smirks and flips his scalpel between his fingers. "Interested now Dazai?"
"Her room is one floor above mine, correct?"
"The room directly above yours." The mafia boss confirms.

Dazai turns and walks away. "Let's put her to the test then."
(Y/n) lays on her bed, reading a familiar red and white suicide book.
A knock at her door pulls a sigh from her lips.
She opens the door, still reading the book.
"That's a good book. One you can read over and over and still think it's good." Dazai comments, pulling the girl from the pages.
"Osamu, it's a pleasure to finally meet you in person. I find some of these terrible ideas. Too painful and gory. I would like a swift, beautiful and painless death."
Dazai's heart skips a beat at her greeting. Ok, so she is like me. 1 point to you Mori.
"Did you need me for a mission?"
"No. Mori said I should meet you. He claimed we had common interests."
"I didn't believe I could find someone who thought like me, especially since I was surrounded by a bunch of ignorant, happy-go-lucky people."
"Join the club. There's a reason I joined the mafia at my age."
"To witness humanity, the good and the bad, up close?" She asks.
Dazai couldn't believe he finally found someone so much like himself.

"Oda~" (Y/n) whines as the said man ruffles her hair.
"I'm sorry. I can't help it. You would look prettier with a smile."
Dazai smiles slightly. "Oh yes. I think so too."
The girl blushes and looks away. "I have nothing to smile about. My last attempt ended in a failure."
"Join the club." Dazai mumbles and sips his drink.
Oda sighs and shakes his head. "I never thought I'd find a couple as perfect for each other, and as strange as you two."
"Don't say couple Oda." Dazai requests.
"We aren't a couple. Just two people who are in a suicide pact." (Y/n) adds.
"A what?" Oda questions.
"We decided if we were still alive and miserable by the age of 25 we would commit a double suicide together." Dazai explains and (Y/n) smiles, nodding in agreement.
"That's terrible. I need you both alive to read my book." The tall man laughs softly.
"Then you better get writing. You only have 10 years." The (h/c) suggests and shrugs.

"Hey Osa," (Y/n) whispers.
The brunette looks at the girl. "What's up?"
The girl looks at her friend then frowns. "Are you capable of feeling love?"
"Yes."
"Do you love anyone?"
"Yes. I love you."
Once the shock wears off (Y/n) smiles.
"You said that so casually. That's not fair." She laughs softly and lays her head on his shoulder.
"Do you love me?" He asks, then looks down at her.
"I didn't realize it was love at first. But once I thought about it, it dawned on me."
"You make life a little less difficult."
"But not enough to put off our pact, right?"
"Right. 25 and done."
(Y/n) smiles and nods. "I doubt the world will be less shitty by then."
"Do you think we can fake being a happy couple until then?" The boy asks.
"Fake happy? I don't make you happy?"
"You do. I just mean like, going on dates, making other people think that we're normal."
"Oh. Yeah. Will you stay with me until we end it?"
"Yes. For the next 10 years I am yours and you are mine."

"Ougai, where is Osa?" (Y/n) bursts into her boss' office.
The said man looks at the girl confused. "He didn't tell you?"
"What do you mean?"
"He left the mafia. I don't know where he plans to go or where he is now."
Tears water her eyes.
She looks around the office, trying not to let the tears fall.
"I don't find him leaving a surprise but not telling you?"
"He left because you let Oda die! I won't forgive you for that. Now Osa is gone too."
"Please don't cry darling. I'm sure he'll pop up in a few years." Mori walks over and rubs her shoulder.

*Years Later*

"Osamu Dazai I will murder you!" The (h/c) yells as she stomps over to the brunette who is currently fighting Chuuya.
"(Y/n)?" The said redhead questions.
The suicidal maniac looks over at the familiar voice. "(Y/n)?"
The woman growls and punches the tall man hard. "You left me! What happened to our pact? Ten years you promised me? I put off my death for you, just for you to leave me."
"(Y/n) I'm sorry. I-"
"I don't wanna hear it! Now I hear you joined the agency? Are you serious?"
"I made a promise to Oda. I'm gonna be a better man."
"Why didn't you take me with you?" She asks in a desperate whisper.
"What did I miss?" Chuuya mumbles, looking between the two.

Dazai pulls (Y/n) to his apartment then closes the door behind her.
"Osa I-"
"I promised Oda I would be a better man. That I would at least try to find a reason to live."
"You were my only reason."
"I came to realize that even though I want to die, whenever I'm with you that feeling goes away. I want to live, with you. I am happy with you, (Y/n)."
A dark blush covers her face.
"Fake happy right?"
Dazai shakes his head. "Real happy. When we first met my heart skipped a beat. I didn't think that was a real thing, or that it was so rare it would never happen to me."
"You loved me that much upon our first meeting?"
"Yes. I knew you were the perfect woman. And yes, it does hurt but only for a second."
A small laugh escapes her lips.
"Any heart irregularities are painful Osa."
"I don't know if you want to stay with Mori or join me. Either way, I want to stay with you. Maybe by the time we reach 25 we won't want to leave anymore."
"This coming from the suicidal maniac? I'd be happy to be yours again. I need some time to think about staying with the mafia though."
"That's fine. For now, let's enjoy the time we have. Since we're already at my place. Stay for the night."
(Y/n) blushes softly but agrees. "Just for tonight."