Side That Saves People

"Oda please! You can't leave me. I know you're going there by yourself. You're going there to die."
"(Y/n) I-"
"What about your dream? You were gonna be a writer. You can still write. Please! Take me with you, or Dazai. I won't let you die."
"I'm your big brother. I won't di-"
"Don't lie to me!" The girl screams and grips his shirt.
The tall brunette sighs. "(Y/n) you've grown up so much since I took you in. You're strong and kind and smart. You can handle yourself. Plus if you need help Dazai will always be there for you."
"I dont want Dazai, I want you!"
Without another word Oda pets her head and walks away.
(Y/n) cries and runs away to find Dazai.
Maybe he could talk Oda out of it.

Two gunshots echo through the building and stop (Y/n) in her running tracks.
Dazai keeps going until he finds his friend.
The girl follows seconds behind. "You're gonna be ok." She yells running over and pushing on the wound.
Oda smiles at the two. "I'm so glad you both could be here."
Tears stream down their faces.
"How dare you say I'll be there for that little nobody." Dazai grumbles.
"I'm his sister. I'm not a nobody anymore."
"You have no right to be here." Dazai yells and holds Oda in his arms.
The dying man coughs quietly. "Please you two." He whispers weakly. "Don't fight over me."
"What am I supposed to do?" The bandaged man and young girl question at the same time.
"Be on the side that saves people. If both sides are the same, become a good man. Save the weak and protect the orphans. Neither good nor evil means much to you, I know... but that'd make you at least a little bit better. It'll make your world a little more beautiful."
Dazai growls but as the tears stream down his cheeks he smiles.
"Take care of (Y/n) for me."
"Brother please. Please don't leave me." The girl begs as she grips his shirt.
"I love you (Y/n). I'm sorry I couldn't write for you. But I finally understand those words."
(Y/n) shakes her head slowly as his eyes close for good. "No," she whispers.
"Odasaku!" The two cry in agony.
Dazai holds his friend close as the girl cries into her brother's stomach.

*a couple days later*

(Y/n) lays next to her brother's grave, crying softly.
"Come on you little shit. It's time to eat."
"I don't want to." She whispers.
Dazai growls and grabs her shirt. He pulls her up, so their faces are inches apart. "Do you think he'd want you to just lay here and waste away? He will not have died in vain. I'll keep my promise until the day I die. You're my responsibility now so you better listen."
"You hate me so what does it matter? He was my big brother and my reason for living. I don't know what to do."
"Find a dream and do whatever it takes to achieve it."
(Y/n) sniffles and wipes her face. "A dream?"
"Become something he would be proud of."
After a couple minutes of silence she smiles softly.
"I'll be a writer. I'll tell his story. A bad guy turned good for the sake of his loved ones. He will live forever within the pages of my heart."
Dazai smiles and gently pets her hair. "He'll always live in our hearts." He leans forward and kisses her forehead. "Let's go get something to eat."
(Y/n) nods gently and stands up. She kisses her fingers and gently brushes them against the gravestone. "I love you big brother." She whispers before walking off with Dazai.
Dazai glances back at the grave and he sees his friend, smiling gently.

//I'm sorry this one is so short. I've finally finished season one and two, plus the movie. I've just started season three on Funimation. I've literally cried all day because this show really fucks me up. I do plan on doing more sad Dazai one-shots so 😭🤷🏻‍♀️
Don't be afraid to message me any requests you have. I'm pretty open.
Thank you so much for reading and hopefully enjoying. If you haven't been enjoying please tell me.
~Montana