Nightmare

(Y/n) smiles as she walks into the apartment she shares with Dazai. She takes off her shoes and jacket.
The apartment is quiet which is unusual for this time of day.
"Osa are you here?" (Y/n) calls looking through the apartment.
Finally she comes to the bedroom and she sees her boyfriend.
The brunette turns to the woman, hands in his pockets.
His expression is serious and it makes her worried.

"What's wrong Osa?"
"Don't call me that anymore."
"Dazai what's going on?" She looks around the room and sees her stuff is all packed in boxes and suitcases.
"I don't love you anymore and I want you out. I thought you were different. Not just another pretty face that I wanted to commit a double suicide with, but that's changed. Since this is my apartment I need you out."
(Y/n) is left speechless. She didn't know what to say to him.

Before she could figure it out he walks past her.
Her instincts take over and she grabs his wrist.
Tears stream down her cheeks quickly.
"Please tell me this is just a sick joke, Osa. I'm your little mystery. I've been helping you find a meaning to life. Are you throwing that away?"
"I don't need that anymore. And I don't need you anymore. So please leave."
The woman opens her mouth but nothing comes out.
Dazai pulls his arm away and leaves the apartment.

As the door slams shut (Y/n) jolts awake and looks around.
Dazai is asleep next to her, holding her close.
Just a nightmare? Of course it was. He wouldn't... would he?
She looks down at her boyfriend and tears stream down her cheeks.
He remains asleep and smiles in his sleep.
(Y/n) gets up carefully, as to not wake him and grabs some water. "I have to be better. I can't live without him now. I need to make sure he doesn't ever want to leave me."

Come morning (Y/n) makes Dazai's favorite breakfast and makes sure everything is ready for his day.
His clothes, paperwork and his meals.
He laughed it off and thanked her.
Throughout the day all she could think about was her nightmare.
It felt so real because the longer she thought about it, the more she realized he could come home and realize he doesn't love her anymore.
She knew who she fell for, his past and everything.

Over the next couple weeks Dazai began to notice her behavior and tried to find the root problem.
Unfortunately he couldn't figure it out.
(Y/n) was acting strange and he needed to know why.
He finally snapped when she asked him if she still loved him, and used his name.

"Dazai do you still love me?" She asks while rubbing his shoulders.
His whole body tenses and he looks up at her.
"Why would you ask that? Is that why you've been acting weird? You think I don't love you."
"So you aren't gonna leave me?"
"Never. You're stuck with me. What made you think I would-"
"I had a nightmare. But it felt so real and I-"
"Forget about that nightmare. I love you and I won't ever leave you."
They both had a habit of cutting each other off.

(Y/n) cries into his chest gently and he holds her close. "You said I was just another pretty face and that you didn't need me anymore. You just wanted to die and kicked me out."
The brunette laughs softly and rubs her back. "You are beautiful but that's not what I want. I will always need you, I promise. And I would never kick you out."
The (h/c) sniffles but nods. "O-ok..."

He could tell she wanted to say more.
Instead she buries her face in his chest and grips his shirt.
"Little mystery~ look at me please."
Reluctantly she looks into his eyes.
"I love you. I know I'm not the best but I am trying. I try to show you how I feel but I'm still new to the whole "relationship" thing."
(Y/n) shakes her head. "I know that. I'll try to forget the nightmare."
Dazai kisses her forehead. "Good. Now get some sleep. And if you have another nightmare wake me up ok?"
She nods and closes her eyes. "Ok Osa. I love you."
"I love you too little mystery."