chapter 9

Song Zixin got on the sedan with Shun WenCheng today they were going to Cheng city, well Shun WenCheng was going alone but he asked if he could come and he didn't reject.

In his previous life Shun WenCheng had spend a month here, previously this was one of the poorest cities in this empire and when war struck it was extremely beat now and the people were on the brink of committing cannibalism. Until the general Zhu now this city was one of the most beautiful cities in the empire.

"So what's Cheng city like?" He asked excited.

"It's very noisy, but it's know for it's great taste in music" Shun WenCheng said, "I like it here during festivals you should come during that time" he smiled at song Zixin.

Song Zixin nods excited he looks through the carriage window. The city was crowded and chatty.

Finally they reached the Zhu mansion.

"Your highness and his highness's wife welcome"

The servants greets them respectfully as WangZhu and his Wangfei greets them at the entrance.

The Wangfei rolls his eyes with boredom. Wangzhu stand up then looked at song Zixin. He didn't say anything.

They escorted them to their room.

"This room is so spacious huge and refreshing looked their is even a zither for you" song Zixin smelled the air it was nice.

Everything about this room was relaxing, for a blind and unwanted prince it sure was a wonderful place.

Now that he thinks about it it smells a lot like Shun WenCheng.

"Do you come here often?"

"From time to time"

"Oh there is only one bed" song Zixin said

He blushed will he sleep in the same bed as Shun WenCheng his heart beat slows down softly imagining it.  He looked at Shun WenCheng who sat at the zither testing it.

For a blind man his movements are pretty natural, his never seen him stumbled or hit a wall, even he who could see hits into a wall from time to time.

"Hmm"

Song Zixin watched as Shun WenCheng's face distorted upset.

"Your highness?"

"The zither, it's tempered with"

"Hmm?"

"The sound it's off"

"I'll go inquire the Wangfei about it wait a moment" song Zixin ran out

"Xin'er wai-"

It's already too late song Zixin was already gone.

WangZhu was in the room with his wangfei.

"Fan Ru what ever you do don't upset his highness or his wife"

"Why? Isn't the he just a blind and ugly bi-"

Before he could continue WangZhu covered his mouth.

"Mind your words"

WangZhu had a panic expression hoping his highness didn't hear this. WangZhu knows that his highness's keen senses are otherworldly especially since a master- no a God of Qi.

His requested that the servants be quiet as possible any disrespect or anything they shall be killed. Suddenly the tense air was broken by a knock at the door.

"My lord his highness's wife request your presence"

"Really? What for?"

"Something apparently is wrong with his highness's zither"

WangZhu looked at his wife.

"What did you do?"

The Wangfei smiled arrogantly nothing much, "I just made a slight tinkering with the strings so it can spicy up his song".

The color flushed from WangZhu face.

Shun WenCheng slightly pulled the strings it the string plucked out of place and flew in the air cutting the palm of the prince.

The blood drips on the zither.

"Ah, if Xin'er was here and next to me wouldn't this have harm him. Lu?" Shun WenCheng's voice was calm as a settle lake but held great hostility behind them.

"Yes your highness"

"The Wangfei what is it?"

The prince's way of speaking was cold calm and very different from the gently persona he spoke to song Zixin with.

"Fan Ru. Your highness his the recently chosen wangfei of wangzhu before he was a timid person until he became greedy" Lu said bowing.

"This was before or after the baby in it's stomach came to be"

"Baby?"

"I see, you may go"

Lu disappeared in the shadows Shun WenCheng plucked out the string then use his blood and rubbed it on it. He hid the string inside his sleeves and started playing with the missing string.