chapter 73

—Flashback—

Song Jian jumped sitting up, sweat drenched his whole body, his chest huffing and puffing from the terror. His hands shakes with terror, last night he suffered from a memory of the past he remembers being thrown out in the woods by his upset mother who couldn't be favored because of him.

He remembers the night he got up with her weight over him trying to cut out his tongue, he talks too much she wishes he could just stop talking about it. Bad omen he was, but it's okay the emperor doesn't think of him like that he can help him as long as he sees what's to happen and save the emperor he will be okay worthy of living cause in the end he owed everything to emperor.

After preparing the morning meeting, recently one of the emperor's Consort Zhen Xia took his life and above all that he and his majesty Consort have done the unthinkable. Song Jian who was only 15 could barely look the emperor in the eyes. 

The emperor smiled at Song Jian, "what's wrong, my precious treasure? You look quite upset" 

The emperor put one hand behind his back  then one on his head, gently stroking this made Song Jian all the more guilty of his actions. Now he could only come clean and beg for forgiveness, he doesn't want to see him disappointed in him but what else could he do.

"Y-your i-imperi—ACK!"

They turned when the door burst opened, "how could you!!" 

The emperor rose looking at the petite male that entered the room, he was around the same age as Song Jian who was only 15. Song Jian found him impressive as he had to run an entire clan at only 13 because his only brother and family member was brought into the harem, Song Jian was also envious of the siblings bond they had which he lacked when his other brothers despised him.

"Zhen Zixin you dare dis–" 

"I dare!! You killed my brother and think that I Zhen Zixindare not to be angry! You're supposed to protect my brother and his son yet you took him in your harem of graveyards and had him dead!! Should I not dare!!" 

Song Jian was surprised by Zhen Zixin. He seemed like a person who would remain calm in any situation but now the rage and anger he feels.

"Your brother killed himself" 

"Because you! Everyone who broke our tradition died miserably instead of courting him like a proper gentleman you forced him, the heavens are watching Emperor Shun! The heavens are watching. I will take my nephew and begone!" 

Zhen Zixin slammed the door behind him and left the emperor feeling infuriated and humiliated. "How dare he?! Me the emperor he dares challenge!" 

The emperor was ready to march forward when Song Jian stopped him, "not now your majesty I fear if you must engage you'll fail and may end up forfeiting your life. In due time, in due time" 

The emperor though he despised being challenged listen and obeyed, and with years that came forward the Huangfeng clan was barely cooperative with the imperial family causing a disruption in the power balance, the Huangfeng clan who was a pinnacle that had the empire power balanced remained in tact shifted towards the side of those who opposed the emperor's dictatorship.

Song Jian was a loyal man to his empire and emperor therefore he decided to visit the Huangfeng clan to end this problem. This was where Song Jian would discover a new feeling inside him.

"Shifu, I don't trust him" 

"Cheng Er, that's rude" Zhen Zixin chuckled awkwardly.

It was after the taking of the 15th prince the emperor truly began to despise the existence of Zhen Zixin as if taking the 13th prince wasn't enough he had to remove the 15th. Song Jian smiled at the boys happily, the 13th taking his hand, the 15th completely unmoved.

"I'm sorry Cheng Er doesn't warm up to others, in fact he's barely friendly to anyone" Zhen Zixin tried to hide, a bit embarrassed.

"Shifu why is your heart beating so loudly" 

"Quiet go Play with elder Yang!! You too Muchen!" Zhen Zixin blushed 

"What did I do?" 

"I said go!" 

Song Jian smiled, chuckling a bit, he had never really spoken to Zhen Zixin directly and his ideas of Zhen Zixin was that he was fierce but contrary to his thoughts…… Zhen Zixin was A mess. 

"This Our clans special you'll lov— Ahhh! Hehehe! It's burn, foooph!" Zhen Zixin tried to blow out the fire under the pot that was set ablaze.

"I sew this for you!" 

Song Jian looked at Zhen Zixin who hid his face behind a badly sewed embroidery, he looked at Zhen Zixin's fingers that were bandaged. Seeing the flustered chief Song Jian can't help but smile at the cuteness of and so he happily accepts it. 

It was this blooming feeling in his chest that kept growing, and as it grew he felt this warmth engulfed him. 

"Dance, what are you talking about?! Of course I can! It's in the Phoenix blood!! Just move to the music"

Zhen Zixin took his hand and both dance as there was this huge bonfire and music, he watched as the male foot steps back up, and the clothes embroidery cloth dance around with him, he looked so happy dancing with the others and even the little blind prince was no exception the people were all like one big family. Could he be a part of it? 

Zhen Zixin then took his hand forcing him to join and before Song Jian's consciousness could realize he was already deep with the rhythm and joy, the passionate laughs and happiness. And it was that same night that Zhen Zixin gave him his body, mind and soul, and for that moment he gave all his attention to Zhen Zixin.

Hands intertwined, bodies connected, passion spreads. 

Removing the mask under the moonlight as it shines against the ethereal body, eyes as red as rubies, lips that are soft and sweet. The sweet taste of temptation and desire.

"J-Jian, gently please" 

His voice that says his name so preciously, Song Zixin smiled at the male under him who was looking away flustered and embarrassed touching his chin and turned to look at him at the tattoo that was at the corner of his eyes a birthmark in the shape of Phoenix all the clans have but only specific members have his it on the face like the prince who has in the center of his forehead. But at the corner of his eye, he chuckled. Thinking of a simple sentence 'the eye of the Phoenix' .

"What were you two doing last night that required you to be so loud?" The blind prince asked 

"What were they doing brother? I was sleeping" the 13th prince asked 

Song Jian looked at the oh too flustered Zhen Zixin with a prideful smile, "playing" 

"Play what?" The blind prince said.

"The do you want a sibling game" Song Jian teases 

Of course he was not planning anything like that, he chuckled seeing the sour face of Shun Wen Cheng.

"If I want a sibling? I already have too much and most of them I want nothing to do with" 

Song Jian has been helping out Zhen Zixin teached Shun Wen Cheng who was an excellent child and fast learner. Being around this child always made him feel uneasy. He was the only who let be a reminder that he was here for a reason and he must complete it. 

Song Jian peaked at Zhen Zixin, but for now he will enjoy it while he can. 

—Flashback end—

Zhen Zixin