chapter 41

After saying goodbye Shun Muchen went back to the palace as he asked a servant to place the 17th prince within a guest room.

Shun Wen Cheng was inside his office reading a book, drawing his hands against the hardened pages. This was a book customized for people unable to see, Shun Wen Cheng had to feel the words (literally) to be able read it. 

Bo Jing was in a chair relaxed back in a chair peeling the apple skin in order to eat. Shun Wen Cheng pauses, then lets out a calm breath as if came to a conclusion.

"And there goes all his anger," Bo Jing blew on the apple 

Shun Wen Cheng turned his head, "I was not angry" 

"Your highness would not have answered if you were not angry. It was a lesson taught by yours truly" he smiled taking a bite 

Shun Wen Cheng gave a cold irritated smile, " admittingly, if I wasn’t before now I am." Shun Wen Cheng closed the book with a loud clapping sound.

Bo Jing looked at his master chewing the able when there was a gentle knock at the door, "Come in" 

Song Zixin opened the door, happy to Shun Wen Cheng but frowned the moment he saw Bo Jing. 

"Ah, I forgot it's my turn. Your highness I'd like to announce the arrival of Little tiny master Cheng, 4th son of marquis Song. Wife to imperial prince Cheng, man of terrible eating habits, lord of childish behavior, ruler of ugly fac-" 

"Fime! Fine! Enough!" Song Zixin shouts embarrassed.

"But I was only getting to the best part young master" 

"I'm not little!" 

Bo Jing got up then gently took a stand. Song Zixin feeling intimidated, bent at the knees as if yielding, Shun Wen Cheng felt the shift in mood then said. "Bo Jing, sit back down" 

Bo Jing paused to look back at Song Zixin, saw the awkward expression, then went back to his sitting leisurely, he  looked at Song Zixin. "I don't your story, but don't yield so quickly, even rats put up a fight" 

Song Zixin breathes it's not that he fears Bo Jing, but Bo Jing was tall and has large built and every time he sees some with large built comes within direct confrontation as if ready to challenge he naturally yielded without a fight, he feared them. His heart calmed as he relaxed Shun Wen Cheng half opened his eyes, he can feel the instinctual fear inside Song Zixin and he can't understand why? 

Bo Jing had made no effects or hints to show he was hostile but earning such a reaction, what did the Song's do after his mother died. He however did not express his complicated mood.

"Bo Jing," 

"Yeah" 

"Did you just compare Xin Er to a rat?" 

Bo Jing folded his lips then looked away, Song smiled confidently and proudly. Then looked at Bo Jing grinning evilly as he mouths. "Rat. King." 

Bo Jing felt confused, "are you describing yourself?" 

"Cheng Er!" Song Zixin went over to Shun Wen Cheng. 

"Bo Jing, stop it. Enough games" 

Bo Jing felt cheated, Song Zixin chuckled, sticking out his tongue before resting his head on Shun Wen Cheng. For some reason he felt a bit drained today, he felt paranoid. What if Shun Shui Li too went back? It never crossed his mind and if so what will he do? Or maybe the 17th prince was just crazy after all but how would he know that title, this all very strange.

Shun Wen Cheng took Song Zixin's head then gently placed him into his lap taking off his robe and placing it over Song Zixin allowing to sleep peacefully as he gently strokes his hair. Song Zixin felt strange. Shun Wen Cheng was really kind. It was really unfortunate he didn't allow such kindness in his past life, it was when Shun Wen Cheng started Humming that Song Zixin felt that resisting the comfort was impossible. The Humming was soft, smooth and melodic, the gentle tone as he stroked and caressed his hair.

Bo Jing got up, he understood that the couple needed a long time and he needed food. How he regretted his decision for not being the onlooker and single one, the crazy prince saw him as he was heading for the kitchen. 

"You! Hey! Hey!" 

Bo Jing ignored him as if he did not see him, of course ignoring a royal could be a death sentence but for this one. He poked Bo Jing as he circles around him trying to catch his attention. 

"What's your name? Where are you from? You're very handsome, don't groan where you are going? Is my older brother alone with his wife? Can we play games let's catch butterflies" 

Bo Jing had no choice but to stop and slammed his hand across the wall blocking him, startling the 17th prince. "Shut. Up. Would. You?" 

He leaned down facing the 17th prince who tucked his head into his large clothes like a turtle. The 17th looked left and right avoiding eye contact, Bo Jing sighed feeling, he thought he got the message across then went walking again only for the crazy one to follow. 

"Your arm is very big, can I touch your muscles? Did you hear that banging sound? The servants said this mansion should be hush hush, but why are you making sounds? I'll tell the moon all about you" the 17th prince questions constantly.

Bo Jing covered his ears, this person. Why was he following HIM?! 

A/n

What do you think of Bo Jing?