chapter 54

*Huff*Huff* 

Shun Wen Cheng held onto the wall as Bo Jing held his arms over his shoulder. 

"I've warned you," Bo Jing lectured. "You shouldn't be so reckless" 

"I had no idea that Song Jian would side with him," Shun Wen Cheng said.

"I'll go get the first aid" 

Bo Jing quickly went to order the servants to get the required items as he removed Shun Wen Cheng's clothes, "it's turning black pretty fast, it most likely poisoned" 

"Definitely… *huff*" 

Bo Jing started to clean the wound, took wet cloth and water the servants brought to clean the wounds. Bo Jing tended to the wounds carefully with the diligent help of the servants. Finally after finishing up he had the servants serve wine to Shun Wen Cheng. 

"What happened?" 

"It was a surprise attack on my part, I had to fight them both" 

"And the prince" 

"Let's just say he got lucky, only a slight step closer.  And his head would be a nice gift to my wife" Shun Wen Cheng mocked 

He can remember the agonizing screams of Shun Shui like, but he wasn't satisfied. 

"But your wounds? Can you hide that from the young master?"

"Zixin will be visiting his hometown tomorrow, I just need to hide it until then. Bo Jing" 

"Yes?" 

"The 17th prince, I believe there is no reason to keep him around is there" 

Bo Jing paused, there really isn't. But for some reason he wants there to be. "Well–" 

"Oh, wait. He's a part of Xin Er's plan, after Xin is done. Kill him" 

Bo Jing nods, "yes," 

.

.

.

.

.

.

Early the next morning, Song Zixin appeared in the dining room. He was confused by the heavy atmosphere, so he tip toe over to Bo Jing. 

"Did Cheng have a nightmare? Why is he so upset?" 

Bo Jing glared at him, "maybe it's the thought of dealing with you and your annoying guest" he cussed 

"Oh please, act like you're not having fun when you're sleeping together, same bed, same clothes. Shall I prepare for the ceremony so it's not shameful if you should swell him up" Song Zixin curses back. "Shameless, you take advantage of the situation then blame me. Aren't you a lecher? Such a lecherous person you are and a shameless one too"

Bo Jing was shunned, "me lecherous, I've never taken advantage of anyone, I've never kissed, and certainly have never done any sexually provocative things! Why would I be lecherous? You sleep in the same room as your husband. Have you done it? Oh, are you throwing stones because your dry garden has been watered? Shameful person! Shameful and promiscuous! Don't throw your own stones at me, we are not the same!" 

(A/n: what are they talking about?!) 

Song Zixin blushed embarrassed at Bo Jing's shameful rebukes, "I-I'm not!" 

Shun Wen Cheng for the first time was glad Song Zixin's attention was on Bo Jing, though he must admit they are quite the headache. The prince soon came in with a swollen frown, Bo Jing groaned as he felt the prince wrapped his arms around him and hugged him. 

"Morning, morning, morning, morning, mor-" 

"Morning! Morning! I heard it the first time!" Bo Jing complained

"Morning your highness" Song Zixin smiled, he looked at Bo Jing with a smug smile 

"Morning! Brother morning" 

"Morning" 

Bo Jing didn't even bother pushing the prince off, at this point Bo Jing felt like this prince was a tattoo on Bo Jing's skin. 

"Xin Er," 

"Yes?" 

Song Zixin walked over to Shun Wen Cheng and sat beside him, looking at Shun Wen Cheng he seemed a little paler than usual. He touched his forehead. "Hmm, not a fever, are you feeling  unwell Cheng?" 

"Not quite, I'll have to take my leave early today, you wouldn't mind I drop you off?" Shun Wen Cheng asked gently 

Song Zixin frowns, he was going to travel today but he didn't feel like leaving Shun Wen Cheng. He felt his safest when he was with his husband. But sadly they are gonna have to part ways.

"But I have to wait on Wang Lei," Song Zixin said sadly 

"I see, well that's too bad. I'll have someone writing you messages, Bo Jing would be joining you" 

"No, then who would be aiding you!" 

"There are plenty of other guards, I am fine. Plus I'd be meeting up with a few friends" 

"But—" 

"Zixin, I need you to do this for me please. It's important" 

Song Zixin pouts though he didn't like Bo Jing, he was a trustworthy person. "I don't like him, and you need him more than me!" 

"Xin'er, please, do this for me just this once" Shun Wen Cheng took his hand gently caressing it.

Song Zixin didn't know why but particularly, Shun Wen Cheng seems a little desperate. He frowned, not wanting to trouble Shun Wen Cheng anymore. 

"Okay, but write often" 

"I will" 

Shun Wen Cheng slowly got up carefully, the servants seemed to be itching closer to Shun Wen Cheng than usual. Song Zixin wonders if something was wrong. 

"Aren't you going to eat?!" Bo Jing yelled at the 17th prince.

"Feed me! Feed me!" 

"Are you a bird?! Pst" Bo Jing took up the chopstick then looked at Song Zixin, "I'd he says he'll write, it's times like this he often keeps silent" 

"Times like these?" Song Zixin asked 

"When he's worried about you, his highness is particularly sensitive to the emotions of others and whenever his not in a position to protect an annoying rat face like you he gets agitated" Bo Jing said, feeding the prince the dumplings 

Song Zixin could grasp how Shun Wen Cheng feels, he gets like that when he is hopeless about the situation too. But he can't tell him yet but soon.

Song Zixin then paused, "eh? Who are you calling rat face, I am very beautiful, don't you dare insult my beauty!" 

"Heh! I've seen monkeys dress up looking more fancier than you keep the mask on!" 

"Y-you" Song Zixin pouts, he is the better person he won't argue he is beautiful, "and here I was thinking my husband was blind" 

The prince then moved up closer to Bo Jing smiling brightly, "am I beautiful?" He asked, pointing at himself.

"Hm, look in the mirror and answer that question yourself," Bo Jing said .

The 17th prince smiled brightly, "then Moon thinks I'm pretty" 

"......... whatever"