chapter 24

Walking into the store Wang Lei was still gently rubbing his head, he believed his master was really out to get him. Immediately after seeing him the shopkeeper called forth the servers. 

"Young masters, how may this lowly shopkeeper help you?" 

Wang Lei smiled as he opened his mouth to speak, "we want plenty of nice clothes!" Song Zixin beat him to it 

"Okay, Go Get the best clothes for the masters!"  He yelled at the servers, "get tea! Food! Should they starve!" 

Shun Wen Cheng detest loud unsavory noises, but he hid his distaste quite well after all he could not ruin his first outing with his beloved Xin Er because of his distaste.

Song Zixin was excited to buy new clothes for Shun that he even brought a large pouch with lots of golden Yen, the chairs were brought so Song Zixin offered the first seat to Shun Wen Cheng after all it's been a tiresome journey and Shun Wen Cheng must be tired not to mention the vicious words of people. He must be feeling down and depressed because of those vicious people, he must come with something to cheer up Shun Wen Cheng! 

(A/n: I'm just here imagining a chibi version of him) 

But for now clothes are important, now that he thinks about it Wang Lei is one of those people who bad talk disabled people. Remembering his words, Song Zixin frowns.

(A/n: think he misunderstood what WL was saying but it did come off that way) 

He then looked to Wang Lei, "Wang Lei, I'd like for you not speak so casually about the imperial family next time especially the prince" 

Wang Lei looked at him, he thought he understood why Ting Feng felt angry now. To call a blind person useless and his husband was blind is quite offensive.

"Aiya, my tongue is very wild. I'm sorry Xiao Ting I didn't mean to offend as an apology I won't speak of it ever again" 

He sincerely apologizes as he bowed with hands cupped, Song Zixin smiled softly. It was much better if he preferred it if his heart was not heavy around Wang Lei cause he honestly seemed like a nice person. 

"Your wife seemed entirely different from the rumors, brother" the master said calmly 

"........"

Shun Wen Cheng did not answer. He kept listening to the sounds of Song Zixin and thought how naive his beloved was, truly it was. It was like the innocence of a child, the ignorance of the kind hearted maybe that was not it. But it's really something that Song Zixin had such a childish nature he trusted strangers whom he did not know for long, he wished that trust would not be broken. Song Zixin the innocent.

After walking in with the clothes Song Zixin looked at them long and hard, Wang Lei picked out some for his master. 

Wang Lei ran up to his master and pressed it against his body to the master's surprise. "What are you doing?!" He glared at Wang Lei 

"Master, in order for you to win a date you must look good! Women like a man with fine taste!" 

"You- you impudent servant! You make a date for yourself. Do I look like I want to be wed? Find your own wife!" 

Wang Lei sighed, "master even though they called me Cháng Xiù I'm actually Jiǎn xiù" 

(A/n: Cháng xiù> long sleeve Jiǎn xiù> cut sleeve, kinda ironic hahaha) 

Master looked at him deadpan, he sighed then slapped his face. Song Zixin at this point ignored them and just compared the clothes to Shun Wen Cheng, he then took it up to him and gently rubbed it against his skin. "Does the clothes feel good?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Well I heard a lot of clothes tend to feel uncomfortable if not done properly so I was wondering if your okay with the feeling" he said awkwardly

Shun Wen Cheng can't help but smile, he felt the texture best to be honest with Song Zixin. "Yes, it's pleasant your friend has good insights" 

"Friend?" 

Song Zixin looked at Wang Lei, a friend. He blushed shyly. He never had a friend before but looking at Wang Lei who was annoying his master Song Zixin smiled shyly.

"A friend" he whispered softly 

A/n

Kinda find SZ having his first friend cute and sad at the same time.

What kind of person is SZ to you?