chapter 84

"C-contraceptives? You want me to make it?!" Song Zixin said, almost shocked he kinda felt embarrassed too.

"Hmm, no baby yet, little Moon is not ready for a sibling and I only got close recently" Shun Moon explains.

They can make baby plans for later on. For now it was little Moon as the focus, Song Zixin felt embarrassed talking about this. He and the prince don't talk one on one much, but now.

"Are you planning on doing it with Bo Jing?" Song Zixin said meekly.

"Yes, I must prepare mentally, I will be facing a mighty warrior," he said.

Song Zixin scratched his cheek, he wished he could be as confident as Shun Moon. The prince looked at him, seeing his worrisome expression, he stooped down then touched his shoulder.

"I too had a bad first time, I was fulfilling a mission for my brother. I had to please a young master and earn secrets, it scarred my perception of it" 

Shun Moon stood then looked into the sky, scratching his cheek, he's not sure on how to explain it. He was trying to fulfill a mission on the person who thought he was a prostitute since it was to exchange information, but he didn't tell him so it was rough and unpredictable and painful. This was his first ever real mission and he didn't want to disappoint his brother or family.

(A/n: I thinks along the lines of dubious consent) 

Song Zixin looked at the prince a bit worried, if his experience was bad how is it that he could confidently approach Bo Jing. "What changed your mind?" 

Shun Moon tilts his head, "it didn't necessarily change but rather the person and my experience, the person who took my first is not the person who gave me love or the person who I love. So…. My Moon doesn't hurt me" he explained.

Song Zixin's eyes softened, he held his hands together he never actually thought about it in that sense. It sort of helps and eases a bit of fear in his heart as he breathes. 

"Plus, there are the ones who are bad not very good, unsatisfactory" 

"You mentioned it before, was your previous husband terrible?" 

"No, he is good but wish we lost longer, but I love him" 

A wave of melancholy struck him as he remembered their last interaction, he wished back then he knew his own feelings to tell him. But it was already too late for anything, his mother had already sent a spy poisoning his family. 

All this suffering all because he was not the emperor's child, he wonders if Song Jian himself knew. He looked at Song Zixin then asked.

"When you met master Song what was he like?" 

Song Zixin tilted his head at the out of the blue question and then smiled "kind".

Shun Moon said nothing, what a naive description it was. A man responsible for cutting down traitors before they sprung, just one word and your existence could be erased. Kind, no one in the palace deserves such titles, no one. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Shun Muchen walked into his office and at the desk stood a man with drooping clothes and papers, his clear skin was dyed with red bruises. He smiled as he looked at Shun Muchen.

"Welcome your highness" 

"Hai Er what are you doing in here you should be resting" he said.

"I was checking on his highness work improvement" 

Shun Muchen sighed, he walked over and took the papers. "It seems, the emperor's eyes wishes to pay a visit" 

"Song Jian? Why?" 

"I don't know him on a personal level, you do," Qing Bo Hai said.

Shun Muchen took the letter raising a brow then felt weird, "he wants to cure me".

"Orders from the emperor?"

"Most unlikely considering the fact it's the emperor, he wants to end my bloodline" Shun Muchen said concerning.

"To kill you?" 

"Nothing to gain, while the emperor may want to kill pointlessly there is some things that he like to maintain to keep the peace" 

Both were utterly confused about what was going on. Song Jian felt like an enigma to them, and this letter made them feel more paranoid. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ling Shen Yuan was in Shun Wen Cheng's hair trying to braid it as Shun played the pipa. Bo Jing was on the sides listening as he looked at Song Zixin and Shun Moon coming. 

"Uncle is going to have a pretty hair to match his pretty face" Ling Shen Yuan said as he continues 

The braids were not neatly done and it looks as though he was tangling Shun Wen Cheng's soft and silky hair. 

Shun Moon went over to Ling Shen Yuan, "little Moon" 

"Papa" he let's go then Shun Moon picked him up and kissed him. 

He walked over to Bo Jing who moved over so he could be seated only for him to sit in his lap. 

"Cheng, we have tea and snacks," Song Zixin said, placing them on the table.

Song Zixin was extremely excited for him to have the cake, especially flower cakes, this was his first time making them for Shun Wen Cheng. 

Shun Wen Cheng took the cake, then slowly took a bite eating it then gently swallowed it. "This is a delicious cake," 

Song Zixin couldn't contain his smile, he sat close to him. As he took out the flute that he forgot to return to the mister, "Cheng can you teach me how to play?" 

Song Zixin took Shun Wen Cheng's hand and let him feel the flute and soon Shun Wen Cheng nodded. 

"Of course"