chapter 38

Song Zixin rubbed his face in the cozy sheets in front of him, but for some reason it felt hard like he was rubbing against stones, he opened his eyes to see skin and chest. He also saw hair strands falling down so he looked up to see Shun Wen Cheng sleeping gently beside him. He then remembered last night it was not a dream and he was being so bold.

'Embarrassing'

But then he thought about what was there to be embarrassed about, they were husband and wife if anything he should be bolder! After all, his ultimate goal was to give Shun Wen Cheng a little ancestor. And to do that he must do wilder things that include..... well.... Consummation of the marriage.

Song Zixin then touched Shun Wen Cheng's face, he was dirty and he doesn't want to taint Shun Wen Cheng anymore. Shun Wen Cheng held his hand smiling as he eased up, Song Zixin blushed seeing Shun Wen Cheng's clothes shift. He could see his upper body.

"M-morning" he said

"Good morning"

Shun Wen Cheng leaned over and kissed the tip of his nose, it was then he knew he didn't put his mask back on, he searched for it then put it on smiling it didn't feel awkward being out of it since he spent a long time out of it in his past life.

Shun Wen Cheng got up off the bed with his clothes drooping off his shoulders, Song Zixin blushed then took the sheet to hide his face but he ultimately smelled the refreshing smell that felt refreshing.

"Hmm, did they add something to the water when washing the sheets" he whispered staring at the sheets

Shun Wen Cheng chuckled, "do you like it?"

"Yes very much!"

(A/n: lmao that's not the sheets🥲)

Shun Wen Cheng chuckled, it's cute how silly Song Zixin is. "Okay" he said as if he had made a decision.

"Hmm?"

"Well, I will change then we meet for breakfast" he spoke, he then turned to the door. "You can enter"

"Huh?"

Suddenly the door opens with a petite female bowing with her eyes closed. Song Zixin looked at Shun Wen Cheng "ho oh! See you at breakfast!"

Shun Wen Cheng nods exiting the room, the maid sighed relieved. 'The masters are getting along! Hmm, if so let's make the mood extra special!'

The servants after the turning of Song Zixin's personality were now the biggest voters on aiding their masters towards lovely marriage. They all came to understand that Master Song was just shy and does not know how to express himself well. So they made it their mission to help the master.

Because of the quiet rule they do not talk and sign, so the chef made excellent food. They made sure the place is clean and well prepared, they even had preparations for when the two decide to join the bedroom. But for now they will just dote on how adorable Master Song's personality was.

"Good morning Master, I've prepared for today's color theme. I think light green would be appropriate. Since his highness is going to the palace in two days, why not ask him to join?" She suggests

"I don't want be a bother" he said,

The maid smiled then turned away closing one eye picking out clothes from the drawers. "But if they bully his highness he'd have you by his side to cheer him up. Isn't it pitiful?" She spoke in pretense sadness.

In truth all the 12 servants here know Shun Wen Cheng is not so helpless as the cute master sees him, but it's cute how protective he gets. To them Shun Wen Cheng seems lonely but since he was willing to accept Song Zixin they felt excited.

Song Zixin thinks, "indeed! I shall join Cheng"

(A/n: hook, line and sinker. This baby is too naive)

The maid smiled guiltily, the master was so cute and innocent she felt like a villain. Such a naive soul deserves better than this. Song Zixin wonders why the maid was shaking like that.

"???"

After morning preparation Song Zixin and Shun Wen Cheng had breakfast. This time he was not ashamed of his poor etiquette skills, in fact he was much better due to long practice. He smirked proudly at Bo Jing who rolled his eyes at him, he then mouthed.

"You. Should. Be. Ashamed."

Song Zixin broke the chopstick he wanted to poke him with just once.

"Bo Jing"

"I have done nothing!" Bo Jing defends himself

"The fact you said something at me simply calling your name suggests you are indeed taunting Xin'er, quit it"

Bo Jing sighed, Song Zixin smiled pridefully and mouthed. "I. Am. Wife"

Bo Jing gritted his teeth but then smiled arrogantly, "A. Wife. Indeed."

(A/n: think they would make good friends)

Shun Wen took his chopsticks, "open,"

Song Zixin opened his mouth without thinking, they often fed each other so it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Plus Song Zixin's chopsticks were broken. Bo Jing rolled his eyes.

After breakfast they decided to take a stroll in the garden, it was very pretty. Song Zixin liked gardens. He was raised in a natural environment that was filled with forest and greens. His mother was an abandoned concubine but she loved him dearly and he loved her dearly that's why it was really painful losing her.

Soon Shu Li walked towards them bowing, "Shu Li?" He inquired

"You have a guess, young master" she said

"A guess?" Song Zixin thought he smiled, "dod Wang Lei came to visit!"

"Um, no, young master, in fact it's the 17th and 13th prince"

Shun Wen Cheng's face straightens, "17th?"

Shu Li nods, he could understand why the 13th was here after all it wasn't out of pocket with his personality to repay anything he deems as a favor even if it were clapping. But the 17th his personality is something of a mystery to him, his motives, what's his goal, his actions were irrational and bizarre.

Song Zixin smiled, "uh, invite them here"

Shu Li nodded as he went to call for them.

A/n.

Hmm what's gonna happen? 🤔