chapter 58

After a whole day of buying high quality herbs from shops and auction houses, did they finally stop, Song Zixin felt suspicious that the two people who he expected to make the post noise were awfully quiet and well behaved.

Bo Jing didn't make any comments and the prince didn't try to court him, it was strange and made him feel on the hedge. 

As Bo Jing walks diligently behind them, a beautiful lady stops by him. Her hanfu was in a beautiful light pink color, bosom exposed her light yet flawless skin, her lips were crimson red with lovely make up across her face. This woman was mesmerizing. She blinked her long lashes gently as she spin her umbrella. 

"Aren't you a very handsome gentleman, I haven't seen someone like you around in ages" she spoke in a lowered yet calm demeanor.

Bo Jing took a good look at her, he closed his eyes and spoke. "Thank you, my lady, you are very beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen anyone from around here as beautiful as you," Bo Jing smiled politely.

Song Zixin who was watching from the side was shocked, this was not Bo Jing, this man who was rude, loud and annoying. He had no manners whatsoever and was now behaving quite politely and giving off charms he never had. 

"Is that so, then you don't mind escorting this lady somewhere?" She gently held his elbow fluttering her lashes. 

That was when the 17th prince frowned miserable then mumbled under breath. "Don't touch my moon, he only likes me, go away".

Bo Jing chuckled then gently removed her hand, "it is unfortunate but I am already escorting my master. It is my duty to serve him until I'm no longer needed." Bo Jing spoke firm yet calmly.

The lady nods, "such an admirable young man, I respect that then we shall part ways but– when you're relieved of your duties—" she took out a card from her sleeves then offered it to him, closing his hand. "Please visit me sometimes" 

She nods then took her leave, Song Zixin went over to, "I think something is wrong with her eyes" 

Bo Jing sighed, "master Song shouldn't poke his nose in something that doesn't concern him" 

"Heh, you're feeling dissatisfied because your opportunity has been foiled? Go on, I won't stop you, the madam beckoned you" Song Zixin teases.

"You– she is a courtesan stupid! I'm not that type of man! If you're feeling hot blooded go on!" He curses walking ahead.

Song Zixin pouts, Wang Lei looked at the 17th prince who seemed red with jealousy then snapped his fingers. "Ah! Little friend, we should go! That's a genius idea!" Wang Lei chirped.

Song Zixin blushed, "I'm married!!" 

Wang Lei covered his mouth, then released him and hovered with the 17th prince who seemed upset. Bo Jing stared at them annoyed but simply bought some fruits from the fruit vendor at the side. 

"We can visit courtesan for other reasons other than the usual such as, advise" Wang Lei grinned

"Huh?" Song Zixin was confused

"What other way to learn seduction otherwise from the masters themselves?" 

Song Zixin thinks that's a pretty good idea, Wang Lei marvels he wasn't bold enough to go alone because courtesans were aggressive and tempting creatures. The 17th prince still didn't like it but he will go along. They all stood straight as Bo Jing sighed.

"If you're done with your scheming, here" 

He took out the peaches from the bag offering Song Zixin and Wang Lei then paused at the 17th prince who handed out both his hands ready to receive his. Bo Jing thinks he looked like a beggar and looking at his baggage that were slightly showing he sighed holding the bag in his elbow and took a dagger from his waist cutting the peach then gently placed it in his hands.

"Your still injured," 

The prince smiled, "thank you." 

Bo Jing didn't say anything as they finished their event. Song Zixin felt a bit sad that their day ended so quickly, he was hoping it was longer but he had to give in..

As planned earlier they all decide to visit the brothel in question to Bo Jing's unvoiced disagreement. 

As they all entered the brothel, they ordered the same room but one separately for Bo Jing who was confused by this unfair prejudice against him. He felt very bitter.

"I'm your guard!" 

"So, enjoy yourself, go meet your lady friend, we won't be long," Song Zixin said, "I'm just having discussions with the pretty maidens and not that type my friends are with me"  Song Zixin rebuke.

Bo Jing was left speechless as the three men walked and left him behind. He felt very uncomfortable in such places, it was colorful, bright and filled with promiscuity and he was not interested in these places he felt dead below. 

Feeling abandoned he decided to watch the geisha performing, being the handsome man he was and having expensive clothes he was like a flower attracting bees and so the many came offering wine and starting conversations. Bo Jing didn't shoo them away and simply indulge in conversation and nothing more. That was until one of the top courtesan came and took him to a private room.

"Hmm, he is being stubborn with you?" The lady asked as she poured the wine 

"Yes, I go into his bed but he ties me up, calls me a vixen, then hugs me to sleep," Wang Lei explained. 

"Hmm, he is your master and you grew up together. Maybe he sees you as a little brother?" Other courtesan said 

"No, I asked and he said no, I saw I really saw but he dared not touch me beyond a sweet embrace, what am I doing wrong?"  Wang Lei asked with genuine frustration.

Song Zixin wondering if it was wrong to find such conversations engaging? 

"Maybe the problem is not with you, but with him. You are very handsome, your skin is flawless and smooth. I can't possibly see why he would not be interested" The courtesan held his chin gently observing his face. "Yes, it's most definitely with him, how about you genuinely let him know your heart. Some men can't stand to see his beloved desperate, frustrated and in tears" the courtesan expressed. 

Song Zixin took a sip of the wine, engaged by this, then another courtesan turned to him. "What about you little flower?"