chapter 71

Song Zixin was in a slum, he wished he had more knowledge on how to save the prince without his body dying from the sudden change the cure will cause. Song Zixin sighed, then straightened his face. He didn't want to but he had no choice, he needed to visit the palace and talk to Song Jian.

Song Jian was a teacher and father figure. If anyone Excell more at herbs than him, it's Song Jian, but in his past life the only reason Song Jian interacted with him was because he took pity on him. He was the only one who treated him with kindness and even though he was old he still taught him some martial arts. It was not enough but he had said something that made Song Zixin understand and almost brought to tears. 

"In this life I've regretted many things but if there is one thing that I can look back on and smile with no regret, then it makes it a little better". 

Maybe that was what inspired his change. If he had done a little good in someone else's life, Song Zixin smiled and hardened his heart. He must visit Song Jian no matter what. He has many things to regret but if he can do more things that he can smile on he can make it better for others. He breathes he then walked over in the where the tree with white flowers were, in the tree was Bo Jing on a branch with arms at the back of his head, eyes closed. 

He also looked at the side where the beautiful male who turns out to be none other than Shun Moon stooped down at the pond watching fishes with his son. Song Zixin felt stupid by the embarrassment that Bo Jing put him in but they really did look like a family. He is not clear on what happened but he is sure it had something to do with Shun Shui Li. He looked back up in the tree once more. 

"Bo Jing!" 

Bo Jing opens his eyes unfolding his legs sitting up staring down at Song Zixin, "yes young master" 

Song Zixin frowns, "you're really ugly from up there you know? Come down" 

Bo Jing rolled his eyes, sighing as he jumped down, "yes" he said somewhat condescending.

"I will visit the palace," 

"Okay" 

"Without you" 

"What? No! Do I have to remind you–"

"I know, I was caught off guard the last time but I'm prepared now. If I don't do this I will never be able to" Song Zixin said.

Bo Jing glared sizing up to him, Song Zixin swallowed dryly he needed to control his fears. 

"Your eyes are screaming of how terrified you are, do you know that?! The palace is not like here. Those princes are waiting to find someone to ridicule and if your little birthplace secret is out you will be dragged away and tortured just like Shun Wen Cheng's master. Do you think if that happens I'd still be able to serve him?" Bo Jing said firmly.

It breaks Song Zixin's heart to hear that but in order to move forward he must face his past fears and push to the future. "I know, I know, pain is something I'd never want to bring upon Shun Wen Cheng my husband! But I cannot run from my fears. What am I gonna do everytime I see someone who makes me shutter? run? hide? Me? Song Zixin? Never! I may look like this Bo Jing but I am not as weak as you make me out to be" 

Song Zixin then stepped forward facing Bo Jing looking in his eyes, yes he was bigger, yes he was stronger but was he colder? No! 

Bo Jing looked at him and saw that the fear did not go away but instead he controlled the fear, the fear did not control him. Bo Jing sighed yielding, "I will go with you but not everywhere" 

Song Zixin sighed, in the end Bo Jing was still stubborn he said not everywhere. Bo Jing walked past him to the two people by the lake, Ling Shen Yuan picked up a frog giving him. "Mr. Bo here you go" 

Bo Jing gently accepted it, "for me?" 

Ling Shen Yuan smiled cutely, "it looks like Mr. Bo!" 

Song Zixin covered his mouth but it still didn't hold the laughter that he burst in, he pointed at Bo Jing holding his tummy. 

"It's cute froggy, very cute little Moon is precious" 

"Froggy is very cute like Mr. Froggy" 

"Hahaha! Hahaha! They are twins aren't they?! Hahaha I love this kid" song Zixin cheered as he yeet the baby boy up. 

Bo Jing didn't take offense to it then sighed, he looked into the eyes of the frog.

 "...." 

*Ribbit*

"It swells," Ling Shen Yuan said, looking at it. 

"Not exactly, it's like when we open our mouth to talk it's chin swells to make sounds" Song Zixin explains..

"Really" Ling Shen Yuan thought deeply, then smiled. "Cool!" 

Song Zixin felt like crying, he wants a baby. This one is too cute he could eat him, but for now Shun Wen Cheng is not here and he needs to work past his fear of their first night that is supposed to happen when he returns. Shun Moon looked at Ling Shen Yuan, he wanted more clothes for him. 

"Aiya Moon clothes, clothes" he repeated 

"Yes, after we return from the palace" 

Song Zixin hands back Ling Shen Yuan to Shun Moon who kisses his cheek smiling, the little boy chuckled having been kissed so often and lovingly by his papa. His grandmother mostly has the nanny take care of him and play. His grandmother does play once in a while and give him hugs but his papa is here all the time with him drawing, playing, giving him kisses and hugs. The bold Mr who seemed scary was super nice, he doesn't hit his papa he takes care of him he is not very good with interaction but when he does he is fun in his own ways and offers many snacks. 

It's funny when his papa tease him, then there is the slender uncle who wears a mask but super friendly he offers lots of sweets, smell a lot like herbs and sometimes close himself away but when it's breakfast and dinner he is always bickering with the bold Mr. Then there is the old nanny. She is sweet but strict. She reads stories and lectures his papa when he is moving too much. She tells funny stories and nits too! 

And by the end of the day he would fall asleep between his papa and the bold Mr. Which made him super happy. He wished his papa had taken him long ago but he still misses his grandma but he doesn't want to go to her, she will hurt his papa. 

"I love you papa, I love you all" 

"We love you too, you bundle of joy!"