chapter 43

"AAAh!" 

A child stood in the chaos crying, rubbing his eyes, burns on one side of his arm the other one a bleeding birthmark. In the background people fought for their lives, blood splashing everywhere. 

Flaming arrows came shooting from the skies, a few came flying towards him but in the last second someone grabbed him, protecting him. As he cuts the fire arrows, he then grabs the little boy and starts running but two shadow warriors come after him. 

The vivid image of the person puts the little boy behind as the image cuts off. To a dark rainy place the little boy at the male he couldn't remember the person's face but he could remember the sunny smile.

"Sorry Xiao Wang Wang but Xian-gege must go" 

Wang Lei wide opened his eyes in cold sweat, he huffed tirelessly. He frowned as he sat up, he got off the bed then took the lantern next to his bed and lit it then walked out the room. 

Shun Yu Xuan opened his eyes listening to the door sliding open, he then sat up and looked at Wang Lei who was frowning looking down at the ground. 

"Again" 

Wang Lei nods slowly, "can't I–" 

"Stupid, don't ask, come" Shun Yu Xuan said with open arms. 

Wang Lei walked over then put the lantern on the table next to the bed, he then went and sat between his lap as Yu Xuan gently hugged him. His chin rests on the top of Wang Lei's head. Shun Yu Xuan uses his other hand to turn off lights then continues to hug Wang Lei as he rests him on the other side of the bed. Both lying on the bed in silence.

"Master" 

"After you're gone…… how will I fall asleep?" Wang Lei asked 

"You're gonna just have to without me" he answered 

"But I don't want to" he then turned facing Shun Wen Cheng, "I want to be by your side forever" he said.

"..... you can't" he said 

Wang Lei frowns, "master you're mean, if you keep going like this your gonna die single" 

"I don't mind," he embraced Wang Lei closer. "Now sleep"

Wang Lei braced against his against his chest, Shun Yu Xuan brushed a piece of hair out his face then place a kissed upon his forehead. That was the only thing he could do as he closed his eyes.

(A/n: Nessa Barret- die first, was made for them) 

.

.

.

.

.

After a long day Song Zixin retired to his room, wondering did Shun Shui Li send the 17th prince as a spy to watch him? Was he too reincarnated into the past? If so he can't see each other as comrades after all he might try to separate him from Shun Wen Cheng and if he does that.

Song Zixin held his chest painfully, he couldn't lose Shun Wen Cheng after being so close to him. 

He closed his eyes tired, Shun Wen Cheng was under the gazebo over the lake in the garden playing the Zither, Bo Jing leaned across the pillars with arms and legs crossed.

"Bo Jing, if what's your take on the 17th prince" Shun Wen Cheng asked

"I know you don't need my confirmation about him, clearly he's no good," Bo Jing spoke. 

"......" 

Shun Wen Cheng opened his eyes, as he gently pulled the strings of the Zither."If so, was there any connection between him and the Song family?" 

"From what I know no, but I can tell you from experience never to trust him. If they send him they send him for a job well done" Bo Jing spoke. 

Shun Wen was silent as if to think, he then signed and rested his hand on the strings as he stopped playing. "It seems the past must repeat once more, you don't mind right? Bo Jing?" 

Bo Jing remained still as the wind fluttered through his hair, as his deep blue eyes glowed he stood straight then bowed on one knee with his head down. "I'll do anything that his highness wishes for my loyalty lies solely with you" 

Shun Wen Cheng faces up breathing, "it's quite windy tonight" 

Within the room that was given to him, the 17th prince smiled dancing around. "Hehe" 

He then stopped and looked through windows, "there is no moon tonight" 

He walked closer to the windows, paused then closed it. "Hehe, walls, bushes, windows, even the door. Everything is quiet. The snake said to stay here, here I shall stay. Cage the birdy, the snake wants the birdy" he repeated walking in circles.

Behind the door stood a maid, glaring coldly, in the flowers behind the windows lies shadow guards. On the other side of the wall in the room next door was Shu Li. 

"......" 

It was clear to all of them that the prince was telling him he knew they were all here, but it was entirely up to them if they were gonna act. 

But they've yet to know who send him acting will only make things complicated, Shu Li sighed the walked away so did the maid at the door it was only the shadow guards remained. 

"Hehe, my shadows will remain dark" 

He walked to the bed, he then laid on the floor and closed his eyes. It shall be a long day tomorrow, he wonders what will the birdy do the snake is after him. He can already feel it life in the future will not be well for the birdy. 

A/n

Who is your favorite character?