chapter 45

Flashback Song Jian's POV–

If there was ever a reason to live, that reason would be to serve his imperial majesty. The life I had since I was a mere child; a desolate one, hunger is what I knew, love is what I didn't have and kindness was almost never given. 

Curse since the day I was born, I crave what I could not have and take what was not given. 

But then it all changed, my meaningless existence. Changed, ever since I met him.

"Song Jian, it's been hard you hasn't dare child" 

The gentle caressing of his hand, I'm not worthy of being touched by such hands. I'm dirty, but even so.

"Song Jian, tell me what is my path moving forward" 

"The blood is pure. But the seed is strong before long the tree shall grow" 

"Good fortune for my first child, good child, very good child" 

The strength of his imperial majesty grew and slowly, the clear vision of his majesty was becoming bleak. 

"Zhen Xiasheng become my consort, to establish good spirits with the kingdom and your clan" his imperial majesty spoke 

"Your imperial majesty?" 

"Song Jian foretold a future, one in which your people attack this empire to establish peace let us unite" 

"It is not in our clan's custom to marry one who our heart does not desire. It always leads to bad omen" 

For the leader of a clan, he was awfully naive but then again there was no such prophecy. But I'll never betray my emperor. 

"Are you rejecting this peace treaty?" 

"I– no your imperial majesty, I shall then prepare myself" 

Even as his greed grows and the ruler I serve slowly disappears, I'll never betray him until the day he throws me away and no longer needs me. Because if it weren't for him would I still have a purpose? 

"The eyeless dragon would be born and someday he will be one with the Phoenix and devour the snake" 

This prophecy even I don't know what it is or understand what it means. 

"What?! Are you saying I will go blind?" 

"No, it's not that simply" 

"Then what does it mean, Jian! What does it mean you are the one who saw it you should know!" 

This prophecy, I don't know what it is but…. It scares me. But as time goes by it becomes a little clearer. The prophecy that is a part of "him" and "I". Zixin your people must die…..

— Flashback End —

Song Zixin looked up and smiled, Song Jian was the only one who was kind to him in his past life even though he was dirty. He had taught him a few things too, that's why he will repay him for his kindness.

(A/n: you know his kind heart is very troublesome) 

Walking to the right side, Shun Wen Cheng took a seat helping Song Zixin to sit next to him, they smiled at each other. 

Emperor rolled his eyes at them, the empress smiled with eyes closed. 

"Mother stop" 

"I'm not doing anything Weiwei" she chuckled, "so cute" 

"You stare at people weirdly"

 she pinched his fat cheeks. "It's not weird, mother is happy to see the happy couple" 

"Psh, they are nothing special Weiwei is right" the emperor mumbles 

"Who's talking to you? Mind your own business" she spoke coldly contrary to her previous loving voice. 

Song Zixin found the mother-son relationship nice, it reminds him of his own mother though a little different he wonders when he and Shun Wen Cheng have their child would it be like that? 

Soon the chamberlain took out his scroll and began to speak, "Soon will be the upcoming celebration of his majesty's 58th birthday, during this event whosoever brings the most praiseworthy gift shall be given an extraordinary prize from his majesty" the chamberlain spoke with great vigor. 

The empress sighed as she rolled her eyes. The only thing she would want to give him is a kick in the area, maybe that would at least keep it standing. Then again doing it with this old man is very repulsive. It's a wonder how he ended up with a daughter. 

Song Zixin thinks, what could he give, getting on the emperor's good side can benefit him and Shun Wen Cheng greatly even if there was bad blood.

Song Jian looks at the emperor with a polite smile, "your imperial majesty, during such events if I may I'd like to choose a disciple" 

"Disciple? Since when did you need one" 

"It seems I had a vision" Song Jian said 

"Fine, whatever." 

Song Zixin smiled, he can try in his past life Song Jian told him he had great potential. If he can properly use this he might be good enough this will definitely help Shun Wen Cheng as well as repay his father for the misery he cost him. Now that he thinks about it, since he and Wang Lei are friends and the 18th prince is heavily doted on by his mother. He could ask for help, yes!

"Cheng, I think I want to visit Song City after this" 

"Hmm?"

"I want to go there with Wang Lei, hmm" 

"Are you planning on visiting your father?" 

"No, not exactly." 

"Should I join?" 

"No, definitely not! I'm gonna cause mischief and I'm planning to pick out things for a surprise I'm making" he spoke honestly.

"Seems like I'll be missing out on a lot but don't worry I'll be doing a performance out of town, so you might not see me when I get home" he spoke honestly.

"Your brother, father is looking" the 13th prince Shun Muchen whispered.

Song Zixin's hair stands on end to see the emperor staring at him viciously. "Get. Out. Now" 

"Your imperial majes-" 

Song Zixin held his arm and shook his head. Shun Wen Cheng tsk. Holding back his killing intent, if it weren't for Song Jian he'd kill that bastard long ago. 

Song Zixin got up and bowed, exiting the room, maybe he could look for the 17th prince and speak to him. But sadly for Song Zixin he was busy harassing Bo Jing. 

"Urgh, leave me alone you nut-case!" 

"Flowers! Flowers! Teehe" 

"I don't want Flowers!" 

"Ooooh, me! Me! Me, me!" 

"What the– what? You're crazy!" 

Song Zixin could only hold in the laughter as he walked, giving the two pri~va~cy.

Song Zixin passes the servants, it feels weird walking without the eyes of judgment cast upon him. Song Zixin sighed, feeling melancholy. He squinted his eyes when he heard shuffling in the trees but as he turned someone grabbed him from behind and dragged him in the room shutting the door.