chapter 94

The Emperor groans slowly as his body relaxes.

"Yes, there it is" 

He teases up a bit more as he feels euphoric at the sensation stretching across his body. 

"A little more, closer" he moans.

The emperor soon his body relaxes again when he grabs the wrist and drags it facing the person in question.

"Song Jian, even after all those years you haven't lost your touch" the emperor smiles.

Song Jian looks at him, "I an only serving the emperor with the best of my abilities" 

The emperor looks at his wrist, his rough hands. "Yes, like you always have, you're the only one I can rely on, you know that?"

Song Jian looks down as the emperor starts stroking the back of his hand, he then looks at the emperor's face who was relaxing in comfort and he gently strokes his hand.

"Do you truly believe that?" 

"Of course, I've raised you since you were a child. Do you remember how we met?" The emperor said.

Song Jian tilts his head, "you step in the way of my mother took a wound to your precious body" 

"Hmp, that's what you think" the emperor drags his body down closer towards him. "You are so precious Song Jian, your my most treasured possessions" 

Song Jian looks down at him guilty, everyday the emperor's mental state declines. "Your imperial majesty, have you ever regretted something?"

The emperor blinks, then he draws Song Jian in front of him. "Song Jian, are you feeling regretful? Tell me my boy, what bothers you?" 

The emperor holds both his hands and rest it on his face, "you're my precious child Song Jian, as a father I want to be a shoulder you rely on" 

Song Jian went on one knee then the other bowing before him, "the Huangfeng clan did they have…" 

The emperor's eyes dimmed, he let go of his hands as they both fell upon his lap. The air becomes suffocating. "I'm sorr–" 

Before he could ease back, the emperor hugs him tightly burying his face into his neck. "I'm sorry, Jian, I should have been more aware of your feelings but… I was angry. You were gone so long I thought you were gonna abandon me. We've always been together, you understand right?" 

Song Jian's body froze as his eyes became lifeless. So in the end the emperor was paranoid about him abandoning him. Song Jian raise his arms and hug him, "Don't worry, I won't abandon you anymore" 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Song Zixin smiles as he listens, while Shun Wen Cheng plays the zither for them, Ling Shen Yuan is playing with the toys that were given to him by Bo Jing.

"Moon, Moon. I feel it, I could—" 

Bo Jing puts his palm over Shun Moon's mouth,"Quiet!" Bo Jing blurts a little embarrassed.

Shun Moon licks the center of his palms causing the latter to retract his palm. "You!"

Shun Moon looks over at his little boy who was distracted with his soldiers and army, and doesn't have any interest in anything else.

Shun Moon moves in closer, "Moon, I want a kiss" he tilts his head.

"Promiscuous," 

"Well, Moon and I won't do it often so Moon should spoil me with kisses" 

"..."

Bo Jing sighs, ready to kiss him, "Mr! Papa!" Bo Jing's body flinched then turned his head to see Ling Shen Yuan running towards them with his soldier.

Song Zixin was looking at the flute in hand, it was pretty. They said it belongs to the chief. Should he give it to Shun Wen Cheng or give it back? 

"Cheng Er" 

Shun Wen Cheng slowed his playing, lowering the melody. "Yes?" 

"Chief, did your father ever play the flute for you?" 

"Yes, a lot of time" 

"I think this may be inappropriate, but I can't understand" 

"Hm?" 

"Song Jian's book is your story. The destruction of the Huangfeng clan, honestly I don't understand any of it. Why does the emperor hate you so much? and if so why has he not killed you? If I hated someone so much I'd kill them if given the power. None of this makes sense" 

Shun Wen Cheng smiles, Song Zixin is so cute while being curious. "I don't know why he hasn't "try" to kill me, ever since my entire family was killed" he said. 

Song Zixin looks at him, "I'm sorry" 

"No need to apologize, you're just curious," he smiles.

"The only main link I could come to is… Song Jian" 

Thinking about it, in his past life. When the emperor died Song Jian had stopped telling prophecies which led to a disruption in the imperial palace. So most people where uneasy or so has been told, and lots more scheming happened until Song Jian intrudes again declaring peace and peace did reign that was the last prophecy told. 

Song Zixin thinks, "everything ultimately leads back to Song Jian," he mutters.

Song Zixin drops the flute in his palm while holding the edge. Shun Wen Cheng looks at him.

"Everything leads back to him, because everything happens through him. His abilities are something many crave and the one who has it is a man without morals and a heart that is black ultimately using an ability like that for selfish purposes" Shun Wen Cheng said, "Song Jian doesn't have a backbone nor a mind of his own his like an object that puts others will before his but is also not free from all the evil he has done." Shun Wen Cheng. "The mind is a powerful thing and emotions can be beautiful but also hideous" 

Song Zixin looks at the flute, as he listens to Shun Wen Cheng's words. The mind is indeed powerful and emotions are strong.