chapter 81

"Mr. Bold, are you okay?" 

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" 

"Well I'm bit heavy so will probably be hurting your neck" 

"You are not, I am very strong," Bo Jing said.

Ling Shen Yuan smiled as he was holding on to Bo Jing's hair as he looked at his surroundings, everyone here is very nice. He felt happy everyday. He looked at his papa who was learning how to carve from the uncle with the mask. The very handsome uncle with silver hair was sitting under the gazebo playing the most relaxing and soft melody he had ever heard. 

"Mr. Bold" 

"Yes?" 

"Is it true you were there during my birth?" he asked.

"Yes, you were very small and red, Papa said that Weiwei was bigger than me because he ate a lot. I don't remember Weiwei, I feel sad." Bo Jing answered.

"..... then that means you saw Weiwei too right, was he red too?" 

Bo Jing paused, both were in deed red and both were in deed small. But Weiwei was a little greedier Little Yuanyuan, Bo Jing looked over at Shun Moon with a soft expression. Shun Moon's character was a mystery to him, back when he was a village doctor he met lots of people who lost family and instead of facing and acknowledging the pacing they instead avoided it or weaponized their grief. But Shun Moon seems to acknowledge his loss and remembers he doesn't let the past tie him down and that's truly an inspirational person.

Of course he'll never say out to Shun Moon's face, if he did he'll probably never hear the end of it. 

"He was red," 

"Hmp, then he will be known as little red" 

"He's older than you" 

Ling Shen Yuan laughed, then looked at his papa then down at Bo Jing who was looking at him. "Hey Mr. " 

"Yeah," 

"Since your papa's husband doesn't that make you my papa as well" 

Bo Jing froze, "sort of, well yes" he said 

Ling Shen Yuan smiled blankly, "hehe, treat my papa well okay?" 

Bo Jing felt odd for some reason, but he didn't pay much mind to it. Song Zixin got up and walked over to Shun Wen Cheng, hugging him around the neck. Shun Wen Cheng paused then looked up. "Xin'er?" 

Song Zixin looked over to Shun Moon who went over to Bo Jing and Ling Shen Yuan, he took him then gave him the stick man he carved. The little boy happily accepts hugging him then kisses him.

Song Zixin stooped down to his ear forgetting that he was around Shun Wen Cheng's shoulder, whispering innocently. "I want a baby" 

Everyone quickly turned when they heard a loud and unrefined string pulled, Song Zixin looked at him surprised.

"Cheng?" 

Shun Wen Cheng was a bit taken aback by such a proposal, Shun Wen Cheng bit his bottom lip. "Well… I guess you'd feel envious" 

"Hm?"

"You said–" 

"Excuse me, your highness… but you have visitors. His highness 18th Prince Shun Yu Xuan and his servant and master's friend Wang Lei" 

Song Zixin smiled, "great! bring them here I'll be right back!" 

Song Zixin let go of Shun Wen Cheng then ran to his room, Shun Yu Xuan was brought to the garden with Wang Lei alongside. 

Wang Lei looked around and saw the small family. Wang Lei felt pity for the deceased prince, the man he loved already had a loving family, at least he didn't have to witness such a tragedy.

The baby looked so cute and adorable too, Shun Yu Xuan looked up at Shun Wen Cheng then uttered. "Has your wife been in contact with Song Jian?" 

Shun Wen Cheng paused as a Bitter taste came into his mouth, Bo Jing reported it to him. And the fact that Song Jian was someone Song Zixin looked up to gave him a bitter taste in his mouth. 

Wang Lei was startled, his never seen Yu Xuan looked so bitter about anything. "Shun Wen Cheng, keep your wife under control can't you do that" 

Shun Wen Cheng only played the zither calmly, "...." 

"Shun—" 

"Wang Lei!" 

The prince turned when he heard the shouts of Song Zixin, "I've finally completed it and all is left is to warn you about the dosage" 

"I will not take it!" Shun Yu Xuan said

They all turned to him shocked, "w-why?" Wang Lei asked.

"Anything from Song Jian, I don't want it" he said 

"But it's to cure you!" 

"From the same man who made it! I had to have guards pinned me down at 13 only to watch my father force poison down my throat. He watched and you know what's worse? I can kill people by accident? I could kill you!" 

Song Zixin felt bad, "this isn't made by Song Jian" spoke

"Why should I believe you? Didn't you visit him?" 

"Only because I needed a recommended amount, if you take it all a once you may die. Song Jian is your enemy not mine, I promise I'd find a cure and I did. Do you not want to live a long time with Wang Lei?" 

The prince was left speechless, he looked at Wang Lei who looked at him with a guilty expression.

The prince looked at him, "how long until I'm cured?" 

"A year or so….. you'll know once the pain eventually becomes more suddle during the night" 

"And if it doesn't?" 

"It will," Song Zixin said if one thing he could be confident in its his ability with poison.

They looked at each other firmly before Shun Yu Xuan noticed something, "you look almost the same as him, but I'll hold you to that"

Wang Lei sighed in relief, "oh and little zixin, it worked. Hehe I'm not affected by it" 

Wang Lei smiled then itch closer Shun Yu Xuan who blushed, "it's not funny" 

"Hehe, master was like how? What? No you didn't!" 

"Now, will master still reject my advances? I bet is a bet" he teased 

Shun Yu Xuan blushed looking away, "a bet is a bet, you will pay dearly" 

Shun Yu Xuan turned to Shun Wen Cheng who was not smiling.

"Such cold threats I feel shivers" Wang Lei smiled.

Shun Yu Xuan sighed, "brother Song what would you like for your upcoming birthday?"