chapter 21

Song Zixin opened his eyes seeing Shun Wen Cheng sleeping soundly next to him, he smiled now that he looked at him Shun Wen Cheng was very handsome. No wonder they saw it was unfortunate for him to be born blind, if he could see and practice sword he knew that plenty of spouses would fall at his hands.

Maybe he wouldn't even be so humble and calm, maybe he would have been arrogant and lecherous.

(A/n: but he is hahaha at least for you) 

Immediately thinking about it he pouts, Shun Wen Cheng who wasn't sleeping felt funny because he could feel Song Zixin staring at him so intensely, that he wished he could see what cute expression he was making. 

He put his hand on his face startling Song Zixin, "good morning Xin'er" Shun Wen Cheng said in a smooth honey like tone.

Song Zixin felt a little embarrassed as he thought Shun Wen Cheng was sleeping, but he was wrong. "You should sleep! It's early" 

"Xin'er it's after after 12:00" 

"Eh?" Song Zixin then processes what Shun Wen Cheng said "......... EHHHH?!" 

Song Zixin immediately jumped out of the bed, he is so used to sleeping in that he totally forgot the time. The mask; he must collect the mask, he hurried to grab robes.

"Zixin?" 

"The mask! I must collect it!" He said 

"What mask, but first thing first you must eat breakfast" he said 

"Oh right!" 

Shun Wen Cheng folded his lips but smiled. Song Zixin was really silly to him, but also very cute. He wished to just hold the little one within his arms and never let go.

"Would you like something from the market? Food? souvenirs?" 

"How about you and I go?" Shun Wen Cheng asked softly 

It was meant as a tease since he thought Song Zixin would think of it as an inconvenience for him.

"I hope you en-" 

"Then let's get you a wig! Your hair will attract too much attention, a blind fold and a stick it's very crowded and I can't protect you from everyone" Song Zixin said excitingly 

He was already picking out clothes for Shun Wen Cheng but then realized all these clothes were tasteless. He was no genius when it comes to fashion but even an old forest folk like himself didn't like these clothes. Plus Shun Wen Cheng was very handsome. It's really such a shame. 

"We will buy you clothes as well sell these boring looking ones, your highness is very handsome and it's a waste to good looks" Song Zixin said determined 

Shun Wen Cheng's heart softened, as Song Zixin picked up the clothes he was surprised by the pair of arms that were gently around. "Huh? Your highness?" 

"Xin'er you care" he said softly, "I'm happy that Xin'er cares" 

Hearing these lines Song Zixin hearts dropped with guilt, maybe in the past if he had tried to get to know Shun Wen Cheng then he wouldn't have done what he did, Song Zixin hated people with disabilities even though it was not their fault.

His mother who could not hear and had no to speak, was constantly bullied. He remembers almost drowning and calling for help but because his mother was deaf she couldn't hear his pleas. He didn't remember how he survived but luckily he did. Many times the people around them openly mocked her and gave her random things in pretense of being nice and didn't care to hide their malice. 

Song Zixin had to be on guard constantly until one day his mother got really sick and died. He felt helpless. He tried everything to help his mother take care of her only to have the end results being death? 

Song Zixin swore to himself to never like deaf or people with disabilities. But then he was married to Shun Wen Cheng. 

Feeling the soft beating of Song Zixin's heart, Shun Wen Cheng leans towards his ears and gently asks. "Are you okay?" 

Song Zixin blushed flustered and bit his lips, "yeah I am" he gently answered in a whispered like tone 

Taking the clothes and putting them in the bag Song Zixin can't help but shake his head at how foolish he's been. "Shun Wen Cheng, I'll forever stay by your side" 

He smiled at him, hearing these words Shun Wen Cheng rubbed his face against Song Zixin softly.

A/n

How do you like Song Zixin?