chapter 27

Song Zixin after saying goodbye to Shun Wen Cheng for the evening hurried to meet Shu Li, the moment he saw the regal lady he hugged her tenderly.

"Y-young master?!" 

"Shu Li, I've made a friend!" He answered loudly, when he realized his voice was high he cleared his throat and blushed then whispered, "I've made a friend" 

Shu Li smiled thinking that the master was the most precious child she has ever since, she had really misunderstood him.

She thought of him as this arrogant self centered and wicked person, a bully to say the least. But now knowing him, she realized her master Shun Wen Cheng was right, give him time and space, let him be free and do as he pleases. It was not his fault that he is here nor does he wish to be.

Shu Li had disagreed with the master's words: arranged marriage was something very natural so throwing a tantrum because you did not want to be here makes him seem like a spoiled young miss.

"Sounds like the young master had fun" she said calmly

"Yes! He was very strange. He talks a lot and he talks as well as has this strange relationship with his master! He wears long sleeves that covers all his arms and hands" he said chattering

Shu Li smiled listening intently to her young master as he explained like a young child about his trip, truly the young master is an adorable child.

Shun Wen Cheng was once again in the garden playing music on the pipa. He was looking at the fishes in the lake while Bo Yang stood behind him.

"17th Prince Shun Yichen has decided to join forces with the 10th prince Shun Chang Pu" 

"The 10th?" He paused with the string then smiled cynically and continued. "It's a smart decision, but I wonder will the 10th be able to keep his wits at the end?" 

"Your highness, why not join the fight? You are obviously not weak and would make a perfect emperor?" 

"I have no interest in the throne, I'm satisfied being here with Xin Er" Shun Wen Cheng said 

"That person again, your highness wouldn't that person be happier if you were emperor?" Bo Yang asked 

"I like to not indulge myself, everything comes at a price and chasing after greed most of the times comes at the price of happiness" Shun Wen Cheng said calmly, 

Bo Yang sighed, his master was so kind, wise and selfless that he truly deserves the world. 

"But often one meets with greed pursuing happiness" Shun Wen Cheng smiled as he plucked the Pipa string changing to a quick and ominous tone. 

Bo Yang was confused by what he is saying, was greed bad or good? Is wanting to be emperor bad or good.

"Do you not want to be emperor" he asked 

Shun Wen Cheng paused, "Bo Yang" 

"Yes?" 

"Enough questions" he said removing the frown and continuing playing the pipa

Bo Yang nods, "yes, your highness" 

"Oh, yes. Continue to watch the fourth prince. I'm still thinking on who to eliminate" he said coldly 

"Well, if it's so difficult your highness the your highness wife can decide" Bo Yang said sarcastically 

He particularly didn't like Song Zixin, he wished he could ridicule him but he had too much respect for Shun Wen Cheng to continue doing so.

"Bo Yang" 

"Yes, yes, I kn-" 

"You do make sense once in a while don't you" Shun Wen Cheng smiled almost chuckling 

"What?" 

"Hmm, I wonder if Zixin likes that festival or does he not like violence. Well I won't know if I don't ask right" 

"Your highness it's a tourna-" 

"It's only a bunch of rats skidding around for a piece of bread, what does it matter?" 

(A/n: and Zixin believes this motherfucker is kind and harmless🗿) 

Bo Yang could not reply and instead remained silent as Shun Wen Cheng continued to strum the pipa. 

Song Zixin was in his room working on his gift to Shun Wen Cheng, it was late night he should be sleeping but he was so focused that he didn't notice and so when the Sun began to rise and the moon shied away. He yawned tirely. 

He smiled looking at the curving, it was done at least the curving he had put Shun Wen Cheng's name on it so no one could steal it. Thinking about it, shouldn't he try and get on the good side of the emperor to get his husband good graces? 

A/n

New book

The End To An Unrequited Love

Dylan James loved him so much but he loved someone else, like your typical second Male Dylan was never the one but he was always there

Dylan James loved him so much but he loved someone else, like your typical second Male Dylan was never the one but he was always there. Now the second options is trying his best to get out of the second in place and put himself first.

focusing on himself and getting over the love he never got from the one whom he shared feelings for