chapter 55

After the departure of Shun Wen Cheng, Song Zixin and Wang Lei joined up in their travels, the 18th prince Shun Yu Xuan was not present with him, which was rare. 

Wang Lei was looking at Song Zixin, "you changed your mask?" 

"Yeah, I misplaced it at palace" he sighed sadly, touching the mask 

It was the only memento left by his mother, he loved but was too afraid to ask Shun Shui Li. Wang Lei felt bad for him, if only he knew how to find it. 

"By the way, the 17th prince?" He inquired 

"Oh, his a guest at our mansion" Song Zixin smiled 

"Yes, there are rumors. Especially around his relationship with your guard" Wang Lei said 

"Bo….. Jing" at the mention of Bo Jing and the 17th prince Song Zixin realized this was a good opportunity to gossip with a friend. Shu Li said that there has never been friendship without minor gossip and chit chat. So if Wang Lei and him were friends there would be gossip, especially if it's Wang Lei.

"Could….. you…. Um … tell?" he asked shyly.

Wang Lei looked at him, he then smiled then held Song Zixin's hand. "Of course my fine friend! You have asked the right person" he smiled but paused realizing something. 

The rumors were not exactly good, but he didn't want to disappoint his good and cute friend. "Hmm, um, well your guard looks like Ming Yichen" 

Thinking Song Zixin would understand the basics of the rumors by the name alone he smiled, after all only someone who lived under a rock wouldn't know the history of the "Ling" family.

Song Zixin tilts his head in confusion. "Who is Ling Yichen?" 

Wang Lei blinked in disbelief, was his friend raised under a rock? How could he not know that incident that had a lot of speculation and gossip behind it that eventually led to the emperor stepping in to stop it.

"Ling Yichen was the former husband of the 17th prince," he said calmly.

Song Zixin looked at him, "his highness was married?" 

"It seems you're not aware of the imperial family tree, the 17th prince not only was married but he had a set of twins but sadly one passed away" Wang Lei explained.

"B-but if so, how is it mentioned and why is it that the 17th prince is not with his child" 

Wang Lei touched head, "3rd Noble Consort Qing would never allow it, it's not nothing new that Noble Consort Qing doesn't think favorably of her Second child 17th prince Shun Moon" Wang Lei said 

Song Zixin was curious, maybe if he can learn more about Shun Moon he could lead him over his side especially since he seemed to like Bo Jing a lot though it could be pretense. 

"Can you tell me more about Noble Consort Qing?" He said in a whispered tone 

Wang Lei wasn't necessarily comfortable with it since the prince was directly outside the carriage seat beside Bo Jing. He breathes slowly.

"3rd Noble Consort Qing is a very important member of the emperor's harem particularly she is known for her viciousness. She was the main daughter of the Qing family, a powerful family that's loyal to the emperor" he explains. "3rd Noble Consort Qing has about 5 children. First child is known as 8th prince Shun Shui Li, second is the 17th prince Shun Moon, then there are the triplets, 30th prince Shun Chang Pu, 31th Shun Dong Hai and 32nd Shun En Lai. The Noble Consort Qing in particular doesn't like Shun Moon." 

Wang Lei breathes, "his highness was raised solely to serve his brother Shun Shui Li, there were many instances where nobles Noble Consort Qing punishment towards Shun Moon such as hanging by his wrist in a tree until he almost died when he was child. Having him sleep outside in the cold night naked humiliating him, if it weren't for the serving grace of his brother would not be alive to this day". Wang Lei explained.

Song Zixin squinted his eyes, something tells him that he was too familiar with this method. Back in the prison cell in his past life there were instances where Shun Shui Li would go out of character and try to sympathize with him. But he never got around to know why? 

"And his highness?" Song Zixin asked.

Song Zixin was very curious, also curious too about Wang Lei's situation. If he could Wang Lei to tell him about his situation with the 18th prince he could actually help him and prevent the path Wang Lei would go down. 

"Ah yes, the Noble Consort had arranged a marriage between the 17th prince Shun Moon and the young master Ling Yichen. While nothing was necessarily wrong with marriage itself it was the husband that was the problem," Wang Lei felt awkward saying this of his initial insult of Song Zixin husband. 

"What's wrong?" 

Wang Lei points at the side of his head with his black nails gently piercing his skin, "the young master was an eccentric, he was much like the 17th prince except in some terms worse there were times he flipped personality. But even so the prince was better off with them than his own mother".

Shun Moon who was outside could hear perfectly what was going on, Bo Jing looked at him, who was wearing a blank expression. He then turned as the wind rushed through his hair, Bo Jing slowly parted his lips and said. "Black widow" 

"Was the name that the 17th prince received, after the incident which killed off all the members of the family except him, many speculations were that the prince killed them then frame madness to cover up his act. Some said that he was shocked by the events that he snapped and lost all senses, others said he was possessed by his husband after his heinous crimes. They're were so much rumors about the mysterious death of the family that news were running like wildfire but nothing was confirmed except the madness of Shun Moon and even that has speculation of it being fake" 

Song Zixin thinks there seems to be a lot of drama with the imperial family but Shun Moon's story is not an easy one. 

"And the prince's child?" 

"Was taken by Noble Consort Qing for the child safety after the 17th prince dropped his first born and killed him" Wang Lei said, "at least that's what I've heard" 

Shun Moon finally moved his lips to say, "wasn't dropped, flung, they flung him, snake flung him" 

Bo Jing's eyes widened then looked at him.