chapter 75

—Flashback—

Love is not without its challenges and loyalty is not without any form of betrayal.

"Focus Cheng Er, Qi is within everyone, sound is everyone's smell, waves everything" Zhen Zixin gently said to him.

Shun Wen Cheng inhaled as he focused, he made a stance signaling his was ready Zhen Zixin smiled. "Begin" 

Shun Wen Cheng attacks as Zhen Zixin blocked Shun Wen Cheng hand was in the form of a knife chopping after Zhen Zixin who was easily evading and blocking his hand, soon he started using his foot as he becomes more comfortable but then soon he stopped as the sounds became more unbearable and the sensual feelings overwhelms him. 

Song Jian who was watching from the chair sighs, "Zixin, if your gonna teach how to listen to everything your going have to teach how to focus and maintain things" 

Zhen Zixin sighed closing his eyes, "right, it's just that Cheng catches on to things so fast that I actually forgets that he is a mind reader" 

Zhen Zixin stoop down and hugged Shun Wen Cheng rubbing their cheeks against each other, "Sorry, please forgive" 

"S-stop coddling me and teach me!" Shun Wen Cheng pouts with flustered cheeks as he mumbled. 

Song Jian sighed then he got up and walked up to them and pulled Shun Wen Cheng off holding him in his arms. "Your highness, when doing something like that you must also learn to control and block put the overwhelming sounds" 

Song Jian offers his free hand then onterwine with Shun Wen Cheng's, "what are you doing?" 

"You highness, how does my hand feel?" 

"Warm" 

"You can use that when everything becomes too much for you,  but you should always know that while you can hear everything, not everything needs to be heard, understand?" He smiled at him.

Shun Wen Cheng slowly nods, "well, that's a day's hard work, why don't we eat something?!" 

"Yes! I'm hungry!" Shun Muchen yelled, grabbing the hand of Shun Wen Cheng. 

Zhen Zixin and Song Jian chuckled at Shun Muchen behavior he was such a foodie, Song Jian held Zhen Zixin's hand who looked at him Song Jian pulled him closer wrapping his arm around his waist causing Zhen Zixin to blush and look away.

"Aiya, this is embarrassing" Zhen Zixin hid his in Song Jian's chest.

Song Jian kissed the top of his head, Zhen Zixin's behavior was really cute, he could just eat him alive. "Why? Are you uncomfortable?" 

"No, it's just that well, it's strange I thought since you were the Emperor's most trusted vessel you'd never like me back and now…… well" 

Song Jian thinks, "I am a person with my own thoughts and feelings though and besides your personality quite funny and cute, could watch you forever" 

Though Song Jian should have reported in long ago, he didn't want to for the moment he could wait. He is happy now when they are looking at the male who was puffing at him he breathes.

"You just think I'm silly" 

Song Jian let out a guilty chuckle, "maybe a little but that didn't make it a bad thing does it?" 

Zhen Zixin thinks but smiles, "I'm not silly!" 

Song Jian's heart felt full, he couldn't contain this strange feeling inside this urge. It was strange but also great, he doesn't want it to end. 

It was late one night Song Jian was sitting outside on a large branch on a tree, when suddenly an owl landed on his shoulder. He looked at the creature that had white front feathers. The back was dark brown but then he saw the small diamond pattern on the belly. When he recognized it, his entire body froze and trembled. He looked at the foot to see a small scroll attached to it. Should he read it?

Song Jian hesitantly picked it up and opened it, then read the contents. He swallowed dryly. 

{Return immediately or you are choosing to betray me} 

Song Jian swallowed, his hand trembled. He has already betrayed his imperial majesty once, should he do it again? No he can't, not after he saved him how can he betray him after saving him? 

Here he was pretending to be a good person taking advantage of a mission deceiving Zhen Zixin when he knew he shouldn't be here, he was fretting.

"Jian" 

He snapped out his thoughts when he looked down, "Zixin?" 

"Dinner is ready" he smiled at him.

Song Jian composed himself as he breathed hopping down towards him, Zhen Zixin sensed a change in Song Jian's mood he looked down seeing something in his curved up hand. He smiled sadly then put the strands of Song Jian's hair behind his ear. 

"Let's eat first you must be tired," he said 

Song Jian nods as they head inside for dinner, Shun Wen Cheng could sense a change within his emotions but says nothing focusing on the food.

It was about a week of contemplating, Song Jian looked down at the partially naked Zhen Zixin who was sleeping comfortably next to him. He stooped down and kissed him on the lips lovingly as well as strongly. He felt that everything cannot be poured into this kiss, Zhen Zixin didn't understand the forcefulness of the kiss and he still felt tired and was tired for the most part these days so he doesn't think he can keep up with the stamina of Song Jian. 

"Hmm, sleep, I want to sleep" he mumbled.

"I'm going to confront his imperial majesty, so I'll be leaving tomorrow" he confessed

Zhen Zixin opened his eyes, "will that be okay?" 

"I want to be with you, so in order for us to be together" he intertwined fingers with him. "I must face him, even if it means…… disappointing him" 

Zhen Zixin said, he then took the jade pendant from around his neck. "This is something my mother gave to her husband and my father gave to my brother who passed it on to me, when you come back….. could you marry me?" 

With those words Song Jian felt he could face the world just to come back within the arms of his one true love. But little did they both know this was something that would never happen.

"Are you really going to betray me?! After everything I've done for you?! Gave you love and raised you as my own son!! AND you want to abandon me!! After I risk my life for you!" 

Song Jian looked away as the man began to remove his upper clothing, revealing a deep scar wound on his chest. Song Jian squeezed his eyes shut not to look.

"Look at me Song Jian!" 

Song Jian didn't open his eyes, "I-I" 

"OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AT ME!! All I've done for you, I risk my life so that you could be happy. All I ask is to be loyal to me and now you want to side with my enemy?! What do they have that I cannot give? I save you from the wretched woman you called mother, I make sure you weren't bullied for the gift you have, I took you from the forest and taught you civilization gave you wings now you want to fly away with those wings. Look at him, OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AT ME!!"

With a tear that came from his eyes, he had not choice but to open and looked at him he remembers it the day, he was so young his mother had have enough of his visions and his yammering and so she took a sword to attack him only for his imperial majesty to jump in front of that attack and be pierced by the word that almost touched a fatal organ. 

Song Jian dropped to his knees defeated, "I I-I-I'm sorry" he said, crying not sure what for.

The emperor walked up to him and held his shoulder, he stooped to Song Jian's ear. "It's okay, we all make mistakes and be tempted sometimes now tell….. where is the weakest spot to invade" 

"It's………"