chapter 67

Shun Moon eased himself up no longer checking for any bruises or harm done to his little child, he would rather him not get involved with him considering he'd be safer but his desire as a parent grows stronger each time he sees his little Moon. 

Ling Shen Yuan looked at the person who was said to be his birthing parent, he didn't know much about him and only saw him barely but each time this person was always being mistreated and he a faithful son will not stand by and watch his papa being mistreated.

"Little Moon, you're not hurt are you?" 

"Yuanyuan, leave now! The adults are talking!" Shun Dong Hai orders 

Ling Shen Yuan puffed then sternly refused, "no! You mistreat papa, I don't like it, I will not like it. Not papa!" 

"Tsk, this brat! Like mother like son" 

Seeing Shun Dong Hai begin to walk towards them though hurt Shun Moon grabbed Ling Shen Yuan covering him with his body as a mother would protect its cub. 

"Dong Hai, what are you doing? You're not daring to touch Yuanyuan are you?" Consort Qing glared at him.

Shun Dong Hai clenched his fist, "t-this is very unfair! That brat– have you heard him!" Shun Dong Hai yelled.

"He is your nephew and my first grandchild, should I let you bully him?" She asked 

Shun Shui Li pushed Consort Qing aside, facing Shun Moon who bit his bottom lip. Holding his baby Moon protectively as he remembered the last time all three of them were present, his mother who had brought him back handed one of the babies to Shun Shui Li.

During this time, he was already in so much pain it was the second time he had to remove the love of his life with his own hands. When Shun Shui Li proceeded to question him and was not pleased with his answers he gripped into his child, it was actually the second time Shun Moon fought for his freedom and in result caused the death of his child. 

It was his fault, his child ended that way over and over again all they do is take, why can't he be happy as well? But this is the third and final opportunity. It's either he dies or this family dies. 

In chains he will no longer remain, protect his child he shall, love and marry the one whom his heart desires he shall. Shun Shui Li, Consort Qing and the three, this will be their parting as a family.

"Shui Li you've got what you wanted now go! I need to borrow him for a while" she spoke sternly.

"I am not–" 

"After I'm done" She spoke once more

Shun Shui Li was not pleased and with a lasting glare he walked away, leaving the palace. Consort Qing stared down at him with rejection, she hated his existence and now he serves as a problem as she thought he would be. 

"Get up, are you trying to squish Yuanyuan?" She asked coldly 

She walked up to him, ready to take her dearest grand child but  Shun Moon quickly stood holding him protectively to her annoyance. This always happens whenever he comes, it's always a task to have him release her grandchild.

Ling Shen Yuan smiled hugging Shun Moon around the neck he barely got to get this close to his papa and as he dreamt his papa's hugs were nice snuggle up on him he relaxed as he held on tightly. Shun Moon was glad he smiled. He was glad his little Moon didn't reject his presence after all it was so long he didn't see him he thought little Moon would reject him and it would take stern doting for him to love him.

Stroking the little one's hair, a warm feeling surrounded his heart, he loved his little Moon, his happiness that no one can replace. Feeling the tiny arms around his neck he could cry but then his moment was ruined.

"Ling Shen Yuan, let go" Consort Qing orders

"No," the little boy refused holding on tighter.

"You will make me upset, is that what you want?" Consort Qing spoke.

"No, but I don't see papa often. I want to spend time with papa!" He declared.

Consort Qing sighed, "Dong Hai take him guards, bring Moon with me" 

Shun Moon stepped back holding his child once he saw the guards moving towards him, Shun Dong Hai rushed him but as he grabbed the child's collar Shun Moon pushed him back. 

"No, don't touch him! don't touch him!" He repeated loudly 

"Moon!" The Consort Qing yelled, "Let go of my grandchild!" 

"No, you won't let me see him, you will take him away!" 

"Yuanyuan, if you continue to cling to him, I will have to punish him. Is that what you want?" Consort Qing said 

Ling Shen Yuan froze, he then released his arms sadly, he looked at his papa sadly. Shun Moon before could say anything Shun Dong Hai had yanked the child from his arms..

"PAPA!" 

As he was about to grab him back the two guards grabbed him, "take my grandchild to his room" 

Ling Shen Yuan started to hit and scratch Shun Dong Hai while Shun Moon struggled with guards who tried to pin him down. 

"Moon, let us talk now"