chapter 32

In his previous life Song Zixin did not attend the tournament but according to the maids in the mansion six princes had died, the six of them he did not know the one who won the tournament however was Shun Muchen the 13th prince but not long after Shun Muchen was assassinated. After this tournament the blood bath for the throne will begin, Shun Wen Cheng was lucky to have survived because he was highly doted upon by the 8th prince Shun Shui Li who had the backings of the great Da family. 

Song Zixin focused on the tournament stage as the host walks out, the crowd below them cheer and shout in anticipation, "Xin'er when the tournament begins, I'd like to hear who you cheer for and who you liked to be gone"

Song Zixin did not think much of it since Shun Wen Cheng was blind and probably wanted to enjoy this tournament through him, or opinions. Song Zixin smiled, "I'll tell you about it in every way possible,"  he grinned brightly.

Shun Wen Cheng smiled as he sat back listening and feeling the surroundings in his environment, the unsteady vibration, the loud cheers of the crowd, the emperor talking until finally the host. He could hear the host shouting to appeal to the crowd, "Kang Shi Yan!"

A man with not a big stature or small walked on the stage with an arrogant smile across his face, his hair was done a wild spiky ponytail up.

On the left side of his cheeks was a scarthat sliced up. The crowd cheered for him happily. Song Zixin gave a small happy clap. This was his first big event so he was feeling sheepish…..

Shun Wen Cheng was only listening, but hearing the excitement and feeling the rhythm of his beloved heart he thought this event wasn't so boring after all. 
Calling the names of the contestants as they walked out on stage, "his highness 13th prince Shun Muchen!" 

A man walked up on the stage, he was dressed in black in his hand was a black thin sword on his face. He wore a goblin's mask. The crowd was silent, not a pin drop not a sneeze there was no sound only silence. This confused Song Zixin who thought he looked quite cool, his fiery brownish red hair, his slightly large stature and the aura of a winner. 

The prince looked around in the crowd then up at the throne where the emperor and empress was, the empress eased back and the emperor held her soft hands causing her to look at him.
"Why is it quiet?" Song Zixin inquired
Shun Wen Cheng took Song Zixin hand smiling, "much like me, the emperor hates older brother Muchen" Shun Wen Cheng spoke with but a gently tone appealing to Song Zixin.

"Why?" 

"In the perspective of the emperor, why not? He was but a hateful prince." He explained diligently

"But why was the crowd like this?" 
"13th brother, is but a mourning brother" 

"Huh?" 

"13th brother is from a very special clan" Shun Wen Cheng explained, "in the eyes of many that clan was a demonic clan and so 18 years ago the emperor burned the clan to the ground, 13th Brother's mother was from that special clan" 

Song Zixin folded his lips and heart beat slowed, he was perplexed. In his past life the emperor Shun Shui Li addressed him as a demon's bloodline. Could his mother be from that clan?

Song Zixin felt panic in his heart, Shun Wen Cheng intertwined fingers. "Xin Er?" 

Song Zixin was startled by his thoughts, he looked at him. "I'm fine, even so! I will bet my wits that he will win, so" 
Song Zixin gently stood upright, gently removed his hand from Shun Wen Cheng's hand, then gently put two hands together and started to clap. Soon the crowd looked at him as the sound echoed everywhere leaving everyone perplexed and startled. Everyone soon whispered and Shun Wen Cheng too stood by his side clapping, his wife will never stand alone. 

The crowd started to badmouth the misfit couple, Shun Muchen looked at them in awe and confusion as to why they were clapping for him. Soon there was another clapping hand. Wang Lei smiled brightly, clapping proudly, his little friend should never stand alone! So the 18th prince followed and the concubine beside him followed. 

The 13th prince looked around; he didn't expect for anyone to clap for him
.
*clap*
*clap* 

He turned to the throne seeing the empress stood tall, applauding him, even the emperor was caught off guard. Eventually the crowd applauded with the emperor looking at the empress with an upsetting expression; she on the other hand didn't dare to look him in the eyes.

Song Zixin felt proud of himself for some reason, he sat back down with Shun Wen Cheng smiling.