chapter 14

The next morning Song Zixin got up but there were no Shun Wen Cheng,

"Your highness, your highness"

"I'm sorry master but his highness has left early this morning for an errand" a servant informed.

"What errand?" He inquired

"Sorry master but this servant does not know" the servant replied.

Song Zixin then think this was the perfect time to buy Song Zixin a new Zither, he doesn't know when Shun Wen Cheng will be back but all he needs is a day right.

He informed the maid to prepare the bath for him where he wash up and put on a ne set of robes, Song Zixin's looked at his clothes he needed money so maybe selling them will help they looked pricey enough.

Song Zixin took some of his robes and put it in a bag, he left the mansion heading into to the town. He looked up at the signs in the city many were definitely hard to read he really couldn't understand the strokes very well so he simply asked around, luckily the people around here were polite and nice enough to guide him to the direction of the trading shop.

The shop keep appraised the robes and was very impressed this young man must be from a very wealthy and influential family, robes like this is no where near cheap he will make a fortune off.

"100 gold"

"100?!" He asked in disbelief

The shop keeps feels he must've have upset the man, while Song Zixin thinks this is too much.

"200 I can't offer more"

"Err, okay"

He took the sack of money, this was really too much for him but he was okay with it. First he stopped by shop that had many accessories and carvings, it was then he realized he probably needs a new mask but his reluctant to part with it.

This was something than his mother gave him after all he inhaled then entered the shop, the moment he stepped in his eyes caught on the mask collection on the wall.

All were beautiful and well crafted some were beautiful decorated with all kinds of things.

"Wow" he said mesmerized

The shop keep standards up from beneath the table and was shocked to see Song Zixin.

"W-wonderer?!" The man exclaimed but then calmed himself there was no way this man could be the wonderer. "Ehem! Hello there Mr. How may I help you?"

Song Zixin smiled gently and said "I'd like a mask please"

The shopkeeper looks observing at Song Zixin the height the face there was only little difference in the body structure it had less curves than before, the mask he recognized it as well how could he not he made it himself.

"Sir may I see your mask please"

He gently placed out out his hand but Song Zixin held the mask shallow down and took a step back, he felt a slight crack in the back of his head he stumbled a bit holding his head.

"Xin'er you must not remove the mask, if your husband is not allowed to see your face why should others be given that blessing".

"Mom, what do you mean brother? sees me just fine" 

He looked at his mother's hand she then smiled again and move.

"Don't you want to be like brother?"

Song Zixin was confused, was that apart of the memory he lost he never remember having a conversation about another person with his mom, it's really big too long.

The man looked at him as if he was expecting his resistance I'll give you a temporary mask to hide your face, I just want to observe the mask. He went and took down a mask.

"Your mask, looks like it belongs to a good friend"

"My mask?, No No I got from my mother"

"Don't worry child I won't take it, you see the good friend was a man of mysteries and if it happens to be the one I made for him"

"And what would you do if it was his?" Song Zixin asked curiously

"I don't particularly know, have you ever heard of the wondering Doctor?" The shop keeper asked

"No, not really"

"Then you won't be able to understand why I desire such small information" the shopkeeper admits

"Then if I let you have a look at the mask can you alter it into a better form I'm reluctant to part with it"