Chapter 29

Song Zixin smiled as he properly took the chopstick picking up the meat. He raised it up to his mouth and ate happily, Song Zixin was happy he can now eat so casually with a chopstick, he is cool. 

He looked at Shun Wen Cheng who was eating gently and gracefully, he then pouts he was still no match for the great and graceful Prince Cheng! 

Shun Wen Cheng paused smiling, feeling his Xin er envious stare on him is quite enlightening isn't it? 

"Xin er" 

Song Zixin stopped, "yes?" 

"The upcoming tournament will you like to go with me?" Shun Wen Cheng asked 

Song Zixin's eyes widened, he had never been to any events like that even though he could have in his past life. But he was too ashamed to be around Shun Wen Cheng. Song Zixin's cheeks flushed bright red as a joyful smile beamed across his fast "yes!" 

"Okay" Shun Wen Cheng smiled as he picked up the piece of chicken.

After breakfast Song Zixin went to take lessons from Shu Li, which has become their daily routine. Song Zixin smiled as he took in all the lessons Shu Li had to teach.

"Shu Li, what's it like serving Cheng er for this long?" 

Shu Li pause then think, "it's been a growing experience" 

"What does that mean?" 

Shu Li stooped down and smiled as she looked at Song Zixin. "I enjoy looking after his highness and you young master" 

Song Zixin smiled looking down flustered, at first he thought Shu Li was scary and unapproachable but now he learned that she was very caring and friendly. He really threw everything away in his past life didn't he?

"I-I like….. Shu Li…… too" he said shyly 

Shu Li  was taken aback, but soon smiled at the innocence of the young master. Now that she thinks about it; if her grandson was alive he'd be his age. 

"Truly young master is wonderful" 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Shun Wen Cheng walked into the room, sitting in each seat were several different people all respectfully hiding their faces behind a mask or veil. Wang Lei who for the first time was broad, looked in awe at his master's master. 

He learned that his master had started serving a master and he found it strange that his master has a master, his master was a prince after all. Now he looked up at the tall man to enter with a bigger man behind him. The tall man was none other than Shun Wen Cheng and the man behind him was Bo Jing, looking at the two figures the room filled with people raised and bowed before them. Wang Lei copied their moves so he would not offend his master's master. 

Shun Wen Cheng then walked to the seat at the head of the table and Bo Jing sat at his right hand and the rest casually sat as well. Wang Lei was keenly observing the role everyone here was keenly hiding their identities and looking at the master making him feel cautious, he then wondered how he casually walked through the crowd looking like that? 

Shun Wen Cheng had a dark long veil that covered over his face and hair, the veil dropped beyond his shoulders accompany by his large hanfu, the sleeves were large long and wide and the hanfu flared out like a dress it had an androgynous way to it so it was hard to tell if the person in question was man or woman. 

Wang Lei swallowed, usually he is a very unbothered and free spirited person, but right now he felt this heavy force keeping him down. And it was coming from the person sitting at the head of the room, it was obvious he was not one to be taken lightly.

"Begin" 

That was all that he said, but the penetrating tone of his would make anyone feel like they have no choice to obey. Looking at the side a man opened his mouth to speak.

"Master, my candidate for the upcoming tournament shall be prince 26th prince Shun Shilin" the person boldly said 

"Shun Shilin? That turtle hahaha why would you choose him?!" Another person boldly laughs 

Wang Lei was confused on what was going on, could this be a bet of who will win. He then sneaked at his master who was unmoving, he then whispered.

"Master, what's going on?" 

"Hmm, I'm not sure. Why not ask?" 

Wang Lei was shocked. How could he not know? And why was he even here?! And how can he ask? Wang Lei then smiled and raised his hand excitedly like a little kid. 

The other members inside the room looked at him, "yes" all answered in unison 

Surprisingly no one seemed rude or hostile. But Wang Lei understands he must be careful of what he is doing.

"Excuse me masters and mistresses, but this sir here is new and I'm confused on what we are discussing. Could any of you benevolent masters please spare this one here and explain" 

The room went silent and Wang Lei felt awkward. A woman at the stood up "we are discussing the matters on who will win this year tournament as well as who will be eliminated" she said 

"Oh, thank you, fine miss, you are very kind!" He stood and bowed thank you then sat back down. 

"So newcomer do you have anyone in mind who will win?" The woman asked

"Hmm I do in fact!" 

The woman smiled and sat back down, the others looked at Shun Wen Cheng, sat unmoving, the master sighed.

"I say Shun Hui Li"