chapter 49

Song Zixin since his second life was now for the first time going to take a bath with his husband, he touched his face but then realized. "Where is my mask?" 

He then realized he must have left it during his discussion with Shun Shui Li, he was a little sad it was his mother's but he's afraid to ask for it. He will get a new one though the thought didn't sit well with him and he was uncomfortable with it. He wanted what his mother gave him and to be an obedient son.

Following Shun Wen to the bathing room he saw a large marble bath, the water was decorated with petals and had incense burning, against the wall were romantic paintings and love poems on the side near the end of the bath was a tray with two cups and a wine jar. Though Shun Wen Cheng could not see anything, he told him this room was a little decorative. 

(A/n: well the servants are setting the mood lmao) 

Song Zixin thinks the bathing room is pretty, even the paintings though he can't read fluently he understood a bit of the characters in the poem and thought it was pretty. 

Shun Wen Cheng sighed, these servants. He took off his clothes with back turned to Song Zixin then entered the bathroom walking down into the bath then sat, "My wife?" 

Song Zixin hurriedly took his clothes off dropping them then entered the bath making loud splashes, he smiled happily. "Cheng, there's drinks! Let's have some" he took the cup stretching out to him while showing a silly smile.

"Uh, my wife, so you know what type of drink it is?" He asked 

"Yep! It's wine!" 

Song Zixin liked wine, and wanted to drink with Shun Wen Cheng. After all, drinking in his comfort must be nice. Shun Wen Cheng gave a helpless smile as he took the cup and Song Zixin poured him and himself wine. 

"Enjoy, Cheng Er" 

"Enjoy, my wife" 

Both drink happily, with the first swallowed Song Zixin already like the warmth traveling down his throat. He then took another, pouring them each other, it was good wine he remembered when he lived in the woods in the old abandoned house. After finding the perfect herbs and right smell he'd make medicine and sell them. Contrary to his family, people in his town were nice and treated him nicely. He could remember his first drinking buddy who would compete with him all the time. 

Song Zixin looked at his cup a little tipsy. This was some fine wine, strong even, he took another cup not sharing any with Shun who was still drinking his own. Feeling the old rebel kicking in, he puts his cup of wine down then goes over and drinks from Shun Wen Cheng's cup which confuses him.

".... My w–" 

"What! Can't we share drinks from the same cup? Is Cheng Er mean now, *hic*" 

"I never meant that–" 

"Fine! If you won't share then I won't share either, I won't share Cheng!" 

He then hugged around Shun Wen Cheng's chest, "I won't share Cheng! He is mine! I won't give him away!" 

Shun Wen Cheng chuckled, okay maybe he can be a bit mean then. He took the water in his hand and washed it over Song Zixin. He too hugged him, he smiled happily. 

He truly didn't know what he'd do without Song Zixin, he loved him. Even if he decided he didn't feel the same and goes to find another that will be okay cause, his beloved is happy even if he's not the one. So right now he just wanted to sink into this happy moment, he kissed the forehead of Song Zixin.  Who returned it with a slight kiss on the lip. Shun Wen Cheng is glad to see he is not afraid anymore. But thinking about it he will find this person and he will kill them, no one will hurt Song Zixin, no one will, he'd fight for him even if it meant going against the world cause in the end all that matters to him most was Song Zixin and his happiness.

He gently held Song Zixin's chin as he hugged him around the lower waist and gave him a deep passionate kiss. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The 13th prince paused as he entered the empress' palace, she looked at the smaller boy who was playing on the ground. She was sitting in the chair with her feet hanging over arm reading a book. Behind her was her guard watching firmly. 

"Empress Mother?" Shun Muchen said

"Hmp, I can never get over older people calling me mother. Are you fucking for real? It makes me feel like some homewrecker." She complains skipping through the page. 

"Then, Qing Ling, I'm going back to your old town, do you like anything?" He smiled politely.

"Yes, I'd like to give big brother a passionate kiss for me, make sure it's spicy when you come back I want details" she teases.

"Qing Ling, even now you like to go on with your silly jokes. I'll tell him hi" 

Qing Ling sighed, "here I am miserable, with you old hag of a father living my most miserable experiences with love and here I am giving you the opportunity you could never have and your playing bashful"  she sighed 

"I can't fall in love, and your brother deserves better. Please understand Qing Ling" 

"Is it about the poison?" 

"Huh? How did you" 

"You know when you read a lot you learn a lot, so I use the knowledge I know to my advantage and that old man. I can use my chances on him, urgh now that I think about it's rather disgusting. What I'm trying to say is that I know that some of you individually receive a particular position each,the 18th, the 13th, the 15th, the 20th and does who didn't make it died, that's why some of you will be dying Starting this year I bet several of have already fallen bedridden, but you Muchen didn't die but–" 

"He cut my ability to have children, ultimately disqualifying me to have possession of the throne" Shun Muchen admits.

"Your father is a real psycho for sure, but Muchen, get out of this place. Don't let anyone tie you down to this place, he has already taken your clan and mother don't let him take who you are as well" 

Shun Muchen didn't say anything, what's the point? He is the last of his clan members but he can't carry on his genetics. What's the point of him being alive then?