chapter 19

Setting aside the chopsticks Song Zixin smiled with eyes softened, this was such a familiar yet unfamiliar feeling. He used to eat with his mother. It was quiet, or rather it had to be quiet.

Being around Shun Wen Cheng felt very safe, it even gave off this warm protective feeling naturally because of the matters regarding his past life he didn't like the presence of other men and even if he did not show it his subconscious will not react well if he were touched by them. But with Shun Wen  Cheng it was different, he thought maybe he'd feel repulsed and would reject him but contrary to his thoughts it didn't feel like such instead he would rather it be within the arms of Shun Wen Cheng.

It was a strange notion, it was unique to say the least but it helps. 

"Shun Wen Cheng" 

"Hmm?" 

"What do you desire in life? Like what is wanted? Is there some aim in life?" Song Zixin asked happily

"Well, Zixin, are you happy?" He asked 

"Yes" he answered a bit confused 

"Then currently my goal has been achieved" Shun Wen Cheng answered calmly 

Song Zixin looked at him with full attention but he was also confused.

"When you are healthy, safe and happy my goal is when you are sad, sick and in danger. It is my goal to protect, aid and cheer you up. My goal is simply put you Zixin" he said smiling 

(A/n: um how many of you would want SWC?) 

Song Zixin's heart thumps, he slowly and gently puts his hand on his chest not realizing how soft and flustered he was. There was also an ache from guilt and pain he caused, tears welled up his eyes as he walked over and took both of Shun Wen Cheng's hands and gently laid a soft kiss against it.

"Your highness, 15th prince Shun Wen Cheng. I Song Zixin I apologizes for all the pains struggles and things I've put you through" he held onto his hands and clenched on to them tightly, "and I swear to stay by your side and never betray you again" 

Song Zixin looked at him with a stern expression as his tears dried up, Shun Wen Cheng didn't understand what did Song Zixin mean by again? Also his behavior was warranted as he was married to not only an unfavored prince but a blind one at that. Anyone would be mad in that situation. He held no judges, no resentment or anything, Song Zixin is free to do as he pleases.

He took him as his wife mainly to protect Song Zixin, it's just that for some reason recently his heart yearns for him and he no longer felt content with the role as his protector but still he will never force Song Zixin to do something against his will for his will is Song Zixin will.

He took Song Zixin hands and pull them up and kiss them, "no need to swear your words are already enough" he said smiling

Song Zixin smiled then pulled his hand away and embraced Shun Wen Cheng tightly as the blush tinged his cheeks, Song Zixin could feel this slight heat on the side of his face where the mas usually were. Maybe it was because he missed the mask.

After that both had separate baths then went to bed.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The small child hissed and fell back as he stepped on a splinter that was on the floor, he could not see the splinter but he can tell where it is he used his hand to trance the bottom of his feet with each tip pressed against his feet he can tell and imagine the length and width of the bottom his foot.

After many tries he finally managed to pull the small thorn in his foot, getting up and walking on the injured foot. The prince didn't care as he was used to stepping on worser things such as nails left by the maids and servants. This place was barely taken care of despite having 3 capable servants.

Walking over to the garden his stomach growled and hadn't eaten within two days and it was only his life Qi keeping him alive, he couldn't see the type of plant he was picking from the bushes nor did he care, the hunger was just too much to bear.

"Hey aren't you gonna stop him?" One servant asked 

"Why should I? His a cursed brat who killed his mother othe should die he should die" the head servant said 

He could hear them loud and clear but he didn't care. He had already eaten every Bush in this garden and this was the most decent tasting one. Ge stuffed the Bush onto his mouth and started to chew.

A/n

How do you like the ML?