chapter 40

Flash back…..

He felt very weak, he wanted to long hunger. There were clanging sounds of the jail bars, it was now he knew the emperor was coming. He was the only one who came and it's usually with strangers, sometimes he sat at the corner cross legs biting an apple and watched as he was violated. It was until he finished his apple he threw the rest at the ground then left him to be treated horribly. 

But today was different, he came and sat in the same chair crossing his legs, inside his lap was a basket of fruits and a water poach on the side. Song Zixin closed his eyes as he saw the two imperial servants, he did not put up a fight, he was too tired to struggle. What's the point? Even if he did, what did it mean? It seems the emperor was here for longer than intended.

He wide open when he felt the chains on his wrist loosen and he was confused, why? 

"You may go" 

"Yes, your imperial majesty" the two servants bowed 

"Little villain, come here" he ushered with an peach within his palm

Song Zixin was not sure of what's going on, what he was planning. 

"Little villain, are you not hungry?" 

Song Zixin looked away, the emperor smiled. "Or maybe you are just weak" 

(A/n: no shit, Sherlock 😒) 

Song Zixin trembled when he got up resting the basket, resting it aside, then walked up to him, took up, then walked to the chair he rested Song Zixin inside. Song Zixin was terrified and scared he shut his eyes terrified but he suddenly felt something placed on his lips as he opened he saw the water poach. He's scared.

"Drink, my kindness won't last long" he said 

Fearing what the emperor might do he drank, and as if never drank water from the first sip he chugged it down. 

"Eat the fruits, then follow me" he commands 

Song Zixin was confused, but he ate as fast as he could. He didn't care if they were poisonous, he was hungry and he rarely got food.

Shun Shui Li actions were mysterious because after leaving the dungeon he had him bathed and properly clothed, Song Zixin was afraid to interact with anyone people looked down on him. 

"You are good at making poisons right?" 

Song Zixin nods obedient keeping his hair down, "can you make herbs and medicines as well" 

Song Zixin also nodded, Shun Shui Li smiled. "Then I'm gonna need you to do something for me" 

Song Zixin was confused, did he need him to poison someone? He can't do it again. Every time he thinks about the words Shun Wen Cheng last spoke to him before he died.

He, however, didn't say anything as he followed Shun Shui Li who led him to one of the palaces belonging to his concubine. He then dragged out the woman aggressively by arm and threw her to the ground.

"It seems that something is terribly wrong with my harem. Every day you shall make medicine that will keep my child alive inside their dead womb" he walked up slowly to Song Zixin towering over him. "Understood?" 

Song Zixin nods frantically, then Shun Shui Li smiles. "Now that's a good Xiao Hao villain" 

Song Zixin did as he was told fearing the wrath of Shun Shui Li. Though he was not familiar with reading he knew herbs by smell; the distinction he could tell quite easily. 

It was also one of these days he met the Soothsayer, an elderly man who was the only truly kind soul he met during his freedom. 

"Your name is Song Zixin?" 

"Yes" 

"And you so happens to be from the demon clan" 

"Yes, it so happens" 

Song Jian gave an ironic chuckle, "Song Zixin, I fear your peace will not end here. I'll try to make it best within my power to fulfill your wish within the future" 

"Even if my wish was going back to the past?" 

Song Jian stood there looking for him, he was about to pat Song Zixin head but suddenly the door bangs opened and guards came, shocking them both.

"I gave you one duty and you ruined it! Take him away, you do not deserve mercy!" 

Song Jian then held the Shoulder of Shun Shui Li. "Don't do it! Whatever it is-" 

"It's okay, my second wish is that I pay for the evil that I've done. So I ask if you can let me die" 

"Zixi-" 

"That's enough, Sayer Song" Shun Shui Li said before walking off. 

Song Zixin had taken the life of a concubine who just found out she lost her child, it was something they both agreed upon even if he was very reluctant. Song Zixin was never able to see the after that until his reincarnation.

-End of Flashback- 

Song Zixin now knew who the snake was, he swallowed, gulping. He gently turned to Shun Wen Cheng and said, "just for the night Cheng?" 

Shun Wen Cheng could detect the clear fear in his voice, he slightly half opened his eyes. "Why?" 

Song Zixin bit his bottom lips, then force smiled "because, I think it's good for all of us to bond right?" 

Shun Wen Cheng was no fool, and it was clear that Song Zixin was lying. It seems he did not trust to answer truly or simply tell him that he can not say it. Shun Wen Cheng must admit he felt his heart stings by the lie, but simply said. "...... ok" 

He then turned and walked off without saying anything more, "Cheng Er?"

"Yes" 

Though his voice had the same soft and calming tone It felt different as he looked at the drifting figure of Shun Wen Cheng. Bo Jing smiled, "well it seems hubby is angry, hahaha. Whose wife no-"

"Butterfly!" 

Before he could finish he catches the hand of the 17th prince who was ready to slap him, he then glared at him. "Listen crazy, you may be a nut job but I ain't afraid to punch in the face" 

Bo Jing threatened before throwing his hand away from him, he then walked off to follow Shun Wen Cheng. 

"Wow! He called me crazy and he wanted to hit me. I think I should follow him" he sang.

Shun Muchen felt weird, "brother has strange taste".