chapter 56

Bo Jing was looking at Shun Moon in disbelief, "flung?" 

"Wanted to go to Moon, wanted to go, the snake  didn't like it very much, hated it. Then he took him, took him then suddenly….. I c-couldn't hear hear his cries," Shun Moon pupils strunk, "all I need to do is be good, do not upset brother. He won't hurt little Moon, but I must stay away from little Moon then everything will be alright." Shun Moon smiled. 

(A/n: just to not confuse anyone let me remind you the prince had twins)

Soon silence fell between the two of them, Bo Jing then sighed and pulled the prince closer placing his hand gently around his back then gently tapped it in a soothing manner. That was something not smiled about. "That's not something to smile about, do you want to see him?"

"Huh?" 

"Your child, do you want to see him?" 

"Little Moon? Oh no, little Moon doesn't like me, I'm mad, I'm mad. Hehe" He tapped his head forehead then Bo Jing held his hand.

"No, you're not mad. You're stupid, and as my last remaining patient. I will do this after I pay back your family for what they owe me".

'I never noticed before but— he's small,' Bo Jing thought as he could feel the little figure in his arm.

The 17th prince looked up at Bo Jing, then closed his eyes placed head on his shoulder, "Okay, I love Moon, I really like Moon" 

Wang Lei touched his chin then snapped his fingers, "oh I forgot to mention this, there was a period in which the prince left the palace. I believe it was after the confirmation of his pregnancy though it wasn't an important detail".

Song Zixin felt bad for the 17th prince, but he can't let his feelings be swayed so easily. The 17th prince was after all related to Shun Shui Li who was very cruel and manipulative. This could be a calculative plot of the 17th prince, he doesn't know and he can't be too careful.

After 2 days of travel, finally they arrived at Shuchang city.

Shuchang city was the home city of the Songs and their mansion was a close distance to a forest in a nearby village the mansion could say was at the Borderline of the village and city. Shuchang city was known for its herbs and powerful medicine and the Song family was very famous for its pharmacies and medicine. 

Stopping at a famous inn in Shuchang city, Song Zixin registered rooms for all of them. "I will share a room with my Moon!" 

The 17th prince hugged Bo Jing's arm tightly and instead of the usual rebuke Bo Jing just sighed and nodded. Song Zixin gave them a single.

"Let's share a room, one room two beds please" Wang Lei cuts in 

The man nodded as he gave the number token and key arrangements for each room, and the man informed them of usual details such as food arrangements and cleaning hours. 

They took note of his information then each went to their individual rooms, Song Zixin was nervous this was the first time sleeping in a room with a person other than Shun Wen Cheng. And as the thought traced his mind he realized he already missed him very much.

Song Zixin looked at Wang Lei who was gently removing his clothes, Song Zixin froze wondering what he was planning to do only to see Wang Lei putting on a different robe. Wang Lei looked at him, who seemed scared. 

"Little friend, are you okay?" 

"Yeah, hmm. Wang Lei" 

"Yes?" Wang Lei tilts his head confused.

"Um, what do you think of…. The 18th prince–" 

"His fun to tease" Wang Lei answered quickly, "Then again his cute, very kind, but doesn't express himself very well Hmm actually he does but doesn't want to, hehe" 

Song Zixin was silent for a moment but then he breathed, "Wang Lei, I think the 18th prince…. Well he may … end up—" 

"Dying I know, I know very well. To control all the princes' the emperor poisoned a select group, including your husband and my master. I supposed it was the same poison that was given to the master that was given to his highness?" 

Song Zixin froze in place, Shun Wen Cheng was poisoned?! No! Why would the emperor do that hasn't he suffered enough. Though Song Zixin knows his no better since he too poisoned Shun Wen Cheng more than once but the emperor was his father, clenching his fist his hate began to grow more and more.

"Little friend?" Wang Lei said concerned

Song Zixin snapped out of his thoughts then held Wang Lei, "Wang Lei, please. Let me help you 18th prince, I-I want to save you and his highness!" 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Bo Jing gently wrapped the bandages around his arms, as a former doctor Bo Jing was not careless with his actions. He wasn't proficient in medicine but wound aid and surgery was his field of work but sadly he ended that path in his life some time ago. 

Finishing the band the prince looked happily at his hand waving it around then hugged Bo Jing falling into his lap as Bo Jing was ready to pick up the bowl. 

He sighed, though he was more tolerant because the sympathy he held for the 17th prince doesn't mean he trusted him, his goal was to serve his master and avenge his young brother. So he can never trust him; this only acts out of sympathy for the unfortunate events of the prince.

"I love Moon, I love Moon" 

He really wishes he'd stop with the love. Let it be easier for the sake of his revenge. Bo Jing looked at the small head resting in his lap Humming the I love you. 

"Hey, if you love Moon and if your Moon is me, why haven't you given us information on Shui Li?" 

Bo Jing didn't know why, but soon they were looking into each other's eyes deeply.