20.

Luciana POV:

After our small conversation, we decided to stay in silence. I tried to pick at the breakfast, my stomach quickly became full. Valentino stayed at his desk and worked on his computer. The silence and the room are driving me mad; I need to get out of here soon.

"Val?", I smiled sweetly at him.

"What's up? And what kind of plan are you trying to plot?", he smirked. He clearly, knew something was up.

"When can I be uncuffed?", I asked sweetly.

"When everyone agrees that you are not going to hurt anyone anymore", he explained.

"I only wanted to hurt Martino", I stated," Besides can't I be in my room? Where the bed is actually comfortable."

"I'll go ask Vince and Alessio...", he mumbled.

"Alessio?"

"It was his idea to keep you cuffed to the bed after I had to inject you with the needle that night", he stated.

"Oh... okay?"

"You're not upset?", Val peered over his clipboard with slightly raised brows as he stopped walking out of the door.

"You stopped me from killing Martino. As much as I would have loved to, it was the best thing to do at the moment," I shrugged.

He nodded and left the room. I quickly put the cuffs back on my wrist properly so it wouldn't be obvious that I unlocked them myself.

Val came back into the room with Alessio, Vince, and Lorenzo.

"So?", I muttered.

"The family wants to meet you", Vincenzo sighed, "But  Grandmother is worried."

All I felt was guilt. I didn't mean to worry her. I can barely remember her from when I was a kid. But she always smelled like freshly baked cookies and flowers.

"I didn't mean to scare her..", I stated.

"She was never scared of you. She is worried of what you have become from Martino's actions", Alessio explained to me.

I nodded, feeling less guilty.

"Can I go downstairs now?", I asked.

"As long as you don't attempt to kill father again", Vincenzo explained.

"No promises", I chuckled.

"Just try not to okay", Val begged as he unlocked the cuff," I don't want to see you cuffed to this bed anymore."

I nodded as I pulled him into a quick hug.

"Any backstabbing family members I should be worried about?", I asked as I got out of the bed.

"The only person you would need to be worried about is me", Alessio answered.

I nodded and slowly shuffled over to the doorway. However before I could get to close to Lorenzo and Vince, Alessio pulled me into a hug.

"I will take you out of this house later. We will hang out, like I suggested earlier", he whispered in my ear.

I nodded to him before following Vince and Lorenzo out of the room. Once we were on the final flight of stairs I heard chatter and laughter downstairs. Vince put his hand on my shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

 Marcello was waiting outside the main living room for us.

"There you are Luci, I thought you would be asleep forever", Marcello exclaimed, "Let me introduce you to everyone."

Marcello put his arm over my shoulder and led me over to the person who looked similar to Martino. His nose was slightly purple. I instantly felt embarrassed as I recalled the events of that night. 

"This is uncle Giovanni, but we all call him Uncle Gio", Marcello stated as he introduced me to him.

Right next to Giovanni was a woman. 

"This is Aunt Gia, Uncle Gio's Wife," She gave me a sweet smile as Marcello introduced her to me.

Marcello walked me over to the other couch where more of my family members were seated.  Another man and a woman were seated next to each other with three boys seated next to them.

"This is Uncle Dante with his wife Aunt Isabelle-"

The women interrupted Marcello.

"You can call me Aunt belle if you would prefer that sweetheart", she exclaimed with pure joy laced in her voice.

"That is okay Isabelle", I mumbled trying not to sound so rude.

"And these are Dante and Isabelle's children Emillio who is the same age as Vince, Luca, who is the same as Leo and Lorenzo, and Alonzo who is the same age as me," Marcello Introduced them to me, he was much prouder when he told me about Alonzo. 

Only two people remained in the room who I didn't know. An older couple a man and a woman. I am assuming that this is Grandmother and Grandfather.

"This is Grandfather Alessandro and Grandmother Lucia," Marcello explained.

Grandmother Lucia stood up from the sofa and pulled me into a warm hug. I instantly wrapped my arms around her. I couldn't help but breath in a certain smell, flowers and freshly baked cookies.

"It's so wonderful to see you again Luciana", she whispered in my ear," You know, you are my only grandchild named after me."

"It's good to see you again", I replied.

She sighed," As much as I despise saying it, your father deserved everything you did to him..." 

I struggled not to let the tears escape my eyes. Grandmother Lucia reminded me so much of Mama. Mama made me feel safe just like Grandmother is doing.

"Thank you, grandmother," I sighed.

She removed her arms from around me and took her seat back on the sofa. After she was seated, Grandfather Alessandro stood up and got inches away from me. He gave me an interrogating look. I gave him one back.

All the warm feelings I had with grandmother were long gone. I kept staring at Grandfather until he stopped. He grinned at me before pulling me into a tight hug.

"You are so perfect in every way Luciana", he held me tighter against him.

"Thank you, I know you were the ex-don of the Italian Mafia", I whispered into his ear.

"That was a time long ago Luciana, or should I say Lucifer", he smirked.

I quickly pulled away from his hug.

"How do you know that", I muttered just loud enough for him to hear.

He didn't reply.

I will figure out how he knows...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got this chapter out. I tried to make it a bit longer than my other ones. Hope you have enjoyed <3.