45.

Luciana POV.

I struggled to open my eyes. They were so heavy, feeling like bricks; all I wanted was to drift back to sleep. Sometimes it felt as if the only time I could get peace was when I am asleep.

A groan left my mouth once I realized I was not going to be able to fall back into my once peaceful slumber. I forced my heavy tired eyes open, making me wince as the blinding sun's rays invaded my vision. Once my eyes were adjusted, I glanced around my basically empty apartment.

Over the past couple of days, I had been moving my belongings to a storage shed. I know as soon as I stop paying rent, the sleezy landlord would sell everything that I own in order to make up for it.

I sat up and stretched out my limbs. Yesterday, I took my couch to storage, so I ended up crashing on the floor for the night. 

Looking around my apartment made me sad; this was the first home that I've had that was actually safe for me. My first home almost broke me mentally, my second was safe until it wasn't, and this one... this one is such a lonely place.

I forced myself up and off of the floor and into the bathroom. I needed to get a move on with the day if me and Jo wanted to catch our flight on time. Just waking up was not a good look for me. I brushed through the knots of my lion's mane, then cleaned my teeth. I still looked like I just woke up, however I looked semi presentable.

I grabbed my bag from the floor and started to leave. I paused in front of the door and took one last look around my home.

"Goodbye", I whispered to silence.

Although it was an upsetting time for me, it was time to leave and move on.

As I was exiting the lobby, I took the battery out of my phone, and dropped it into the trash can. I erased the memory from it last night, I didn't want any of my family to try and follow me. 

It wasn't very long before I gained the attention of a taxi driver. The ride to Josphine's was mostly silent, except for the low volume of the radio filling the silence. It seemed as if the car was driving forever.

After and eternity, the car stopped. I placed a fifty-dollar bill into the driver's hand.

"Will that be enough", I asked.

"More than enough", he explained, "give me a second and I'll have your change for ya."

"Keep it.", I stated with a smile.

"Ma'am, are you sure you would like to do that", the elder gentleman asked.

I nodded as I climbed out of the car, "Have a good one."

He gave me a sincere smile before he drove down the street and out of sight. I excitedly entered the building before darting straight into the elevator.

"Which floor?", the man asked me politely.

"Three please", I stated.

I tapped my foot, impatiently waiting as the elevator rose to the third floor. It seemed as if everything was taking a century today. As soon as the elevator stopped, I rushed out of it.

I bounced excitedly to Jo's front door. It took me a minute to dig the key out of my pocket. Once inside, I placed the key on the counter.

"Hey I'm here", I announced.

There was no reply, just silence. I was beginning to become paranoid. However, that feeling seized to exist once I entered her bedroom and heard the shower running. I went over to the door and knocked softly.

"When do you think you'll be ready to leave", I asked.

Shuffling could be heard from inside, before the door was cracked open slightly. Jo poked her head outside; her face froze once she noticed me.

"Who's here" An unfamiliar masculine voiced asked from inside the bathroom.

"It's just a cleaning lady babe", Jo stated, lying through her teeth, then she looked at me, guilty and embarrassed.

It was obvious she was trying to figure out what to say to me. 

I scoffed, "I should have known you were a lying, cheating piece of shit."

She shrugged at me, not knowing what to say. It was clear my words were going onto deaf ears. I shook my head at her before quickly leaving.

Once inside the elevator, all I could feel was pure rage. I reached my hand back to my bag and grabbed the sharp knife from inside. My fingers tightened around the handle. I put my hand over the gentleman's mouth and sliced the blade into his throat.

"No hard feelings", I muttered into his ear before dropping his dying body. 

Blood dripped down, forming a puddle underneath his body.

Once the elevators stopped, I quickly went straight to the exits of the building. When I was going through the doors, I could hear a woman's high-pitched screams. When I looked over my shoulder, the woman was stood right outside the elevator.

I started to walk quickly, but not quite running. People notice when you run, I went to the first form of transportation that I saw. I got in line to purchase a ticket for the subway. It was time to get away from here.

Once I sat down on my seat on the train, I felt so ashamed and mortified. I cannot believe that I let myself fall for someone like her. I cannot let this happen anymore. 

For everyone who doesn't fear me, they will soon... very soon.