33.

Luciana POV:

Everything was hurting...

I couldn't remember why...

Small memory fragments flashed in my head.

Alexander, and I abandoning that truck.

Seeing Zane happy with his family.

...Watching his wife die...

Returning to the mansion to rescue my family.

My family... they saw who I truly am...

The gash on my torso, and bullet wound... that's why I feel like I'm on the brink of death.

After a few moments, the sound of beeping filled my ears. I slowly peeled my eyes open. I could barely glance around without forcing my neck to bend at an odd angle.  I attempted to sit up, I bit my tongue to stop myself from hissing in pain. I put my weak arms at my side and forced myself to sit.

Scattered around the white hospital room were my brothers. They were laying around the room, sleeping. The scene before me forced a smile to my face. It took a few moments of me looking at them to realize something....

Lorenzo was not amongst the dog pile of brothers on the floor.

"Keep your eyes open", Lorenzo shouted at me.

I could barely keep my eyes open when he was screaming at me. For the sake of my sanity, I needed to know where he was. I threw the blanket that was covering my body to the side. I gently took the IV out of my arm.

I carefully threw my legs over the side of the bed. My legs were shaking as I put my weight on them. After a few moments, I knew my legs were strong enough. My first few steps were very wobbly.

When I reached the door, I realized how much those few steps took out of me. I was almost panting, trying to catch my breath. My side was throbbing. I cracked the door just wide enough for my body to squeeze through.

I could hear chatter down the hallway. I staying close to wall incase I was about to fall. The closer I got to the chatter, the sooner I realized. Lorenzo was the one talking... With the small amount of strength that I had, I forced my legs to move faster. 

"I don't know if I could ever forgive myself if she died", his voice was weak.

"I couldn't forgive myself either. It's my fault she got caught up in this mess. I'm the one who taught her to fight", Another familiar voice rang out.

Before this conversation could get any more depressing. I took a few strides toward the fridge.

"Is there anything good in here", I asked as I opened the door. I turned my head to look at their reactions, they had priceless looks on their faces.

"What? Do I have something on my face"

Lorenzo seemed like he was going to faint any second.

"Seriously, this isn't funny anymore", I glared as I shut the fridge.

Lorenzo must have drifted out of his trance. He jumped up from his chair and pulled me into a soft hug, I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Miss me", I demanded.

Before he could say anything two words left his mouth.

"Wake up."