30.

Luciana POV:

After leaving Zane and Hazel's house me and Alexander ran until we were both completely out of breath. We stopped running outside an abandoned building. We have been hiding inside of it for nearly two hours. It was best to wait in case we were being followed.

"Do we have any bullets left", I whispered.

"What?"

"Are you deaf? Do we have any bullets left", I demanded, keeping my voice barely above a whisper.

"Luciana, I don't know what you have planned but I already know I don't like it", He muttered, "I'm not going to let you kill anyone."

I laughed before covering my mouth with my hand.

He looked at me like I had two heads, "What?"

"It's nothing", I said with a few laughs escaping my lips.

"Tell me what the hell you're laughing about", He snapped.

My laughter stopped. "You think I won't kill them to protect us? Why do you think like that?"

He sighed, "I know you, Luciana you are not a killer."

I glared in his direction, "While I thought you were dead, I quickly changed. I'm a shell of the Luciana you grew up with."   I laughed," It's funny, you called me cold when you first met me...without even knowing what I became... and I tried to deny the fact."

We sat in silence for a few moments.

"Is there any spare ammo left", I asked

"You're just like your family... killers", He exclaimed while keeping a tight grip on the gun.

"I am not a killer... I just prefer to be creative with my anger outbursts", I sighed.

He shook his head before standing up and running out of the building. 

I stayed in the building for a few more hours, just to be on the safe side. Once it became nighttime, I left the building. I went straight back to Zane and Hazel's house. I took a deep breath as I opened the door.

As soon as the door was opened, the smell of blood entered my nose. Hazel was still lying on the floor at the bottom of the stairs. I covered her body with a throw blanket from the sofa before going upstairs.

I couldn't bring myself to look inside the room with rainbows and unicorns painted on the door; I made sure to shut the door. My curiosity got the best of me. I decided to poke my head into my old room. The room and furnishing remained the same, only more dust covered the furniture.

I shut the door quickly before going into the room at the end of the hall. A desk and computer sat against the wall. I sat in the desk chair and powered up the computer. Luckily, Zane was still logged in.

I started to snoop, hoping that the Italian Mafia's email was saved onto it. After a few moments of snooping, I found it. I opened it and started to type a message to hopefully Martino.

"If you look for your wife, you'll find your daughter. I take offense that it is taking you this long you bastard."

I hit send before opening the email of the American mafia.

"I am sorry to say, Hazel is no longer with us. I am very sorry for your lose. She was murdered. I deeply apologize."

Sincerely, Lucifer.

P.S. I didn't kill her."

I hit send, I didn't include the twins and Zane since I couldn't confirm that they were killed, nor did I want to think about it. My eyes wondered from the screen to the shelf on the wall. A framed picture of me and Zane sat on the shelf.

It was the first day I shot a gun.

He took me to an empty field. 

"I don't think I can do this", I told him while I held the weapon up to the target.

"It's okay, like I said Luciana. You don't need to do this today", he explained.

I sighed and lowered the gun, "But I want to... I'm afraid I'll injury someone."

"As long as your careful, I don't see that happening."

I nodded and raised the weapon once more. I took a deep breath before pulling the trigger. The noise scared me more than anything which made me close my eyes and lower the gun.

"Would you look at that", he whispered just loud enough so I could hear.

I slowly peered at the target. It the center of the target was a bullet- hole. My jaw dropped.

"I did it..."

I smiled at Zane and he proudly smiled back at me.

"I've got to cherish this memory", He explained before taking his phone out of his pocket and taking a selfie of the two of us with the target in the background.

A tear escaped my eye and ran down my cheek. I wiped it away quickly, took the picture out of the frame, folded it into a smaller size, and placed it in my pocket. I sighed before leaving the house I once called my home. 

It started to rain as I started to unconsciously walk back to the truck me and Alexander deserted. As soon as I realized what I was doing, I tried to keep as close to the wall as I could to give myself as much cover as possible.

Two guards were standing next to the truck. They weren't paying any attention to their surroundings. I snuck up behind them, I bashed one of their heads against the brick wall. making him fall to the ground. Before the other could call for any help, I did the same to him.

Their walkie talkie caught my attention as it began to buzz on the ground. I picked it up to listen. 

"You two can come back to the base, we found Alexander roaming the streets and took him. He's down in the basement with the rest of the Roman family.

I started to grind my teeth together out of frustration. This is great... just fucking great.

I got even more angry as a realization hit me.

How many times have I told Vince about getting his ass kidnapped.